PDA

View Full Version : so much sadness....

dwil23
May 8th, 2015, 09:13 AM
I really do hate to be the Debbie Downer here, but I am overwhelmed with the amount of sadness all around me for the last five weeks.

First, on March 31st, a 41 yo co-worker died of Guillen Barre syndrome. Then another co-workers 36 yo son was diagnosed with Stage 4 stomach cancer. Last Monday, a 41 yo coworker (though not one I knew well) was killed in a car accident and the same day another co-worker's husband had a seizure in the shower, fell, stuck his head and died. Not sure of his age, but he left his wife and 3 and 4 year old sons. She is devastated, and working nights has no one to care for her children while she works.

Now if that is not enough, I received word last night that a young girl (now 21) that my DD used to play with died from injuries she received in a car accident in April. Her parents will bury her on Saturday, the day before Mother's Day. She was the daughter of my sons high school BB coach and he and DIL will attend the funeral, while I sit with DGS.

For those who pray, I would appreciate a prayer for all of these families as well as those who have suffered illness and loss here on the forum. Sometimes, when it rains it pours.

klgls
May 8th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Oh Donna - sometimes life just overwhelms us. Praying for you and all the families involved. Hugs to you.

Andrea F
May 8th, 2015, 09:37 AM
I am so sorry, this is so terribly sad. Sending hugs and positive thoughts for everybody.

Amy R
May 8th, 2015, 09:38 AM
That is a lot of tragedy. Praying for comfort.

Mom23
May 8th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Oh man, will certainly pray for all those in need. I hope you find comfort in knowing your forum friends are praying for you.

EsGrandma
May 8th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Praying with you for God's strength and comfort.

sewelegant
May 8th, 2015, 10:17 AM
That's way too many sad events in a 5 week period! Praying for all of their families.

Sandy Navas
May 8th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Sending prayers for all involved.

Bratbear
May 8th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Sending prayers for you and all the close families to you. And a special hug letting you know you are strong and it will be ok.

easyquilts
May 8th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Oh, I 'm so sorry to hear this... Life can be so overwhelming sometimes.... Prayers for everyone.....

jjkaiser
May 8th, 2015, 11:27 AM
I will never understand why such bad things happen to good people. Life can sure be rotten and unfair sometimes. I am not religipus but my thoughts will definitely be with all those coping with this misery.

JCY
May 8th, 2015, 11:34 AM
That's a lot of sadness -- so many things happening to so many friends/acquaintances. Life can get pretty tough at times. I'm one of the pray-ers on our church's prayer chain. Several people are battling cancer in various stages, from just newly diagnosed to end stages with hospice. I hope & pray you'll be comforted as well as your friends' families. Hang in there.

Granny Fran
May 8th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Will pray for you to have the strength to cope and for those families as well.

Death and dying are part of living and we need to put as much "life" in our lives as we can everyday. Do not let a day go by without telling someone you love or care for that you appreciate them.

Shirley
May 8th, 2015, 12:13 PM
This is so sad. Sending prayers.

songbird857
May 8th, 2015, 02:45 PM
yuck.
praying.

Monique
May 8th, 2015, 09:00 PM
When it rains it pours. I am sorry that you have been hit with so much sorrow. May the sun start shining again for you.

mommamarsh
May 8th, 2015, 11:05 PM
Sending prayer and thoughts of Peace and Comfort for everyone .

WendyI
May 8th, 2015, 11:09 PM
Oh Donna! That is all so very tragic!! Soooo much sadness for sure! Sending lots of (((((HUGS)))))) your way lovely! Xoxo

stationarymom
May 9th, 2015, 02:03 AM
Sending prayers for strength and comfort for all those who need them.

dwil23
May 9th, 2015, 04:23 AM
Thanks to everyone for the prayers for healing and comfort for those around me. I know they are much appreciated.