PDA

View Full Version : Paper Night Owl

toggpine
May 5th, 2015, 02:08 AM
It's been a busy few days.

I had a goat judging contract for the weekend and that sucked my brain power right out the window. Saturday night I almost fell asleep milking! Needless to say, I didn't stay up that night.
I finished judging yesterday and came home and started working on a few projects for the school.

This is where the paper comes in. I'm making flowers for the teacher's lounge. It's Teacher Appreciation week and I'm helping the PTA get some of the things organized. I now have construction paper flowers laid out across my cutting table. Then there is the glitter. The flowers are decorated with glue and glitter. They look really nice, but the glitter is migrating.
Now that the flowers are done I'll cut out some strips of 'grass' and finish up the pieces to decorate the cabinets and hide the ugly metal garbage can.
Tomorrow afternoon I'll help decorate the teacher's lounge and get things set for the breakfast we are putting on Wednesday morning. It ought to be fun and we certainly hope the teachers enjoy it.

Well, I had better go cut the grass so I can catch up n some of my sleep! Here is to hoping that the glitter doesn't get me in my sleep!
Hugs, Cathy

stationarymom
May 5th, 2015, 02:15 AM
Sounds like you had a busy weekend.I don't know how you do all that you do.Cathy make sure to get some sleep.
We finally had good weather today,it was 80 degrees today supposed to be the same tomorrow.Everyone is sleeping here in my tree tonight.

Genny
May 5th, 2015, 02:17 AM
I'm another night owl tonight. Storm just went thru and it rained buckets...lots of lightning and thunder. We do need the rain so I guess it was worth all the noise...lol...

Funny thing about glitter...you'll probably be wearing it for a while:lol:

kimsophia
May 5th, 2015, 02:26 AM
No glitter here but the thunder woke me up at 10:46 tonight so I'm here. :) I think I need more coffee as I'm pretty brain dead...yeah I know the jokes that leaves me open to...

DeniseSm
May 5th, 2015, 06:27 AM
The nightmares are really bad again tonight. I gave up on trying to get some sleep. I am going to my happy place, the quilt room, to try and find some peace.

kimsophia
May 5th, 2015, 09:33 AM
Sorry that you are having nightmares, DeniseSM! :(

Sandy Navas
May 5th, 2015, 09:42 AM
I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist later in the week. Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor's office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45 am.

The trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn't have any time to spare. As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the wash cloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable. I threw the wash cloth in the clothes basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away. I was a little surprised when the doctor said, "My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven't we?" I didn't respond. After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home.

The rest of the day was normal .. Some shopping, cleaning, cooking.

After school when my 6 year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, "Mummy, where's my wash cloth?"

I told her to get another one from the cupboard.

She replied, "No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it."

Never going back to that doctor again........... never.

(Sorry for the reminder, Cathy.)

MayinJerset
May 5th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Cathy, you just have to stop volunteering for so many activities. Easy to say but hard to do as I've been there and done that. Did you have 'glittery' dreams during the night?

Didn't join the night owls last night as I had my 1st PT session yesterday afternoon and I slept all night through with only 1 very quick potty break.

Quiltfreestyle
May 5th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Sandy, I have to say that is the FUNNIEST post of yours I've ever seen!!! And you've posted some real winners ,,,,
I can just imagine what the doctor is telling his friends later. LOL
PS. I'd change doctors too, I'd probably try to find one in another county... Thanks for the laugh, I needed it today.

toggpine
May 5th, 2015, 11:53 AM
It has actually been kind of fun to make these. It's like quilting, but with paper.
I'm using some circle/flower templates by OmniGrid I picked up at Tuesday morning several years ago. I've wondered how best to use them, but haven't wanted to cut up a bunch of fabric just messing with them. I'll take some photos as inspiration for the fabric ones. The glue/glitter is giving me some ideas on how to quilt them in the future.
Our little school has under 300 students and our teachers (for the most part) go above and beyond to make sure the kids get the best education possible. I am happy to do what I can to make sure they know how much we really do appreciate them. I just have to get the tablecloths I made all ironed and I should be good to go!

Angelia
May 5th, 2015, 12:18 PM
You will be finding that glitter for months! My granddaughter's birthday wrapping paper had glitter--a year later, after regular vacuuming and cleaning, I still found it in the living room!

RockinLou
May 5th, 2015, 12:31 PM
My daughter's Elsa gown has scattered glitter across 3 continents!!