PDA

View Full Version : Mommy

ravelim
May 2nd, 2015, 11:46 PM
If I could have a single wish,
and never have another,
it would be to have one single hour,
and spend it with my Mother

This is my Mommy's birthday, Sunday. She would have been 95 years old. She's been gone now for 6 years and sometimes I miss her so.
Thanks for letting me share that. Thanks Sandy for showing that little verse. It is so appropriate.

Grandma Nan
May 3rd, 2015, 01:05 AM
If I could have a single wish,
and never have another,
it would be to have one single hour,
and spend it with my Mother

This is my Mommy's birthday, Sunday. She would have been 95 years old. She's been gone now for 6 years and sometimes I miss her so.
Thanks for letting me share that. Thanks Sandy for showing that little verse. It is so appropriate.

Aw Mary how hard it is when we lose our parents. It leaves such a hole in your heart. I saw this quote on Sandy's signature area today and bawled my eyes out. It was my mom's birthday on Wednesday -she would have been 82- and she just passed away on March 9 this year. I think special occasions are always harder. Try to think of the happy times you shared.

Musical_Starling
May 3rd, 2015, 01:38 AM
Thankfully I still have my mother, but I know she feels this way about her mother, as do I. If I could just have one more hour to sit with her and chat and play cards and just laugh together again, it would be better than any lottery prize in the world.

I read another quote recently that I really like: "The more I grow, the more I realize that my Mom is the best friend that I ever had". At 19, my Mom was (so I thought) a little overbearing and totally overprotective. At 29, I now realize she just loved me and wanted me to be safe and am so thankful to have her on my side and have developed such a friendship with her. And hopefully soon she will have a sewing machine and we can share a love of sewing. For once, I will be the teacher! lol

stationarymom
May 3rd, 2015, 02:11 AM
Mary I can empathize with you.My mother died 15 yrs ago this June,it was the day after my birthday.I spent most of 9 mos with her before she died. I do wish I had a chance to really get to know her better as a woman while she was healthy,instead of having so much time with her while she was dying.

easyquilts
May 3rd, 2015, 07:48 AM
My mom has been gone 15 years this month.... I still miss her.......

quiltingtrish
May 3rd, 2015, 08:46 AM
I love that quote Sandy posted. Happy Birthday to your Mom, Mary.
My Mom has been away for the past 11 years, I say 'away' because I know someday I will be hugging on her again. I miss her so very much. Not a day goes by that I don't talk to her.

TMP
May 3rd, 2015, 12:19 PM
Mary your post touch me so. I read it and cried and cried. I lost my mom 2 years ago April 3. Happy Birthday to your mom and hugs to you.

Iris Girl
May 3rd, 2015, 12:21 PM
I would cherish 1 hour with my mom. She has been gone 21 years April 8. I still miss her every day.

Over40momma
May 3rd, 2015, 01:28 PM
Mary, I think that is a beautiful sentiment. My mom has been gone for 24 years now and I still miss her. Sharing her memory is a special blessing, thank you for sharing it with us. :icon_hug:

Amy R
May 3rd, 2015, 01:38 PM
Much love and hugs in your difficult time. I can't even think about the pain of losing a parent.

ravelim
May 3rd, 2015, 09:24 PM
I guess I should tell you something funny. When we buried my mom, I could feel her spirit race by the grave, like going through a drive-thru, letting me know that she was going to see her sisters and couldn't wait to get there. (She always wanted me to at least stop at home or phone to tell her where we would be).��

dwil23
May 4th, 2015, 12:19 AM
The 14th of this month will mark 19 years since Mom left us. It's hard to believe it's been so long, yet seems an eternity ago. My youngest wasn't even born, and now he is graduating from high school. So much has changed.

Those of you still Blessed enough to have your Mom's, give them an extra hug when you see them.

MaryD
May 4th, 2015, 04:28 AM
"When we buried my mom, I could feel her spirit race by the grave, like going through a drive-thru, letting me know that she was going to see her sisters and couldn't wait to get there. "

I don't find that strange at all.

My father died in 1982. My two kids and I would visit every year (a two day drive away). Every time we visited after my father's death there was a feeling that he was just out walking one of the dogs, or perhaps down in his workshop pottering about. It was quite a comforting feeling.

Mother died in 1991. After the two day drive we sat and waited for an hour or so for someone to come around with the keys to her house. There was absolutely no feeling of my father's presence or my mother's. It was as though Father had hung around to wait for my Mother.

rebeccas-sewing
May 4th, 2015, 04:35 AM
My Dad will be gone twenty-four years when November 2015 rolls around. It's hard to believe he's been gone so long. In December, it will be three years since Mom joined him. Those of you lucky enough to still have living parents should never lose sight of the fact that they won't be here forever. Cherish them. Every time my mother-in-law mentions how hateful her daughter talks to her it breaks my heart. I want to have words with her about it but I know it's not my place. I doubt it would do any good and it would just make things worse for Marion.

Blondie
May 4th, 2015, 06:51 AM
Mary, each and every day I am so aware of how remarkable a woman my own mother is. I get tears in my eyes whenever I think how precious each day with her is. Big hugs for you, dear one.

mimi9411
May 4th, 2015, 08:46 AM
March 12th was the third anniversary of my mom's passing. I miss her so much. For those of you lucky enough to still have your mom's cherish every moment and give her a big hug.

Plentziana
May 4th, 2015, 09:32 AM
On june 10, eight years my mother died ago, one day before my birthday, she was 86 years old and lived with me,I was not sick just decided it was his time and left, were only a few minutes left us but still is here with me because I have so many memories and still keep the pictures he had in his room the whole family and their great-granddaughters to which adored.