PDA

View Full Version : First One to Post a Night Owl Thread?

kimsophia
April 30th, 2015, 01:57 AM
As I type, I can visualize MayinJersey at her computer, writing up her own Night Owl thread...lol Isn't it weird how we do it at the same time, May?

How is everybody doing? I got taken out to lunch for Mexican food by my former professor friend. She was passing through on I-80 to Chicago. I haven't started quilting yet tonight but I plan to get another big seam done. I maybe need some coffee first.

What's shakin' in your tree? @,@

Simply Quilting
April 30th, 2015, 02:25 AM
I'm up but getting ready to head for bed. We went to the park this afternoon and apparently, my allergies are not liking being outside right now. Of course, you can see the pollen in the air already.

I had planned on working on a quilt after church tonight but with so many things on my mind - my heart was just not into it.

Have a hoot of a time tonight and don't fall out of the tree. :)

stationarymom
April 30th, 2015, 02:26 AM
I haven't seen May's post yet ,It's pretty quiet here tonight.It's 1:25am now so any quilting has been done for the night.Boston had some protestors tonight but no riots like in Baltimore.I hope everyone is well tonight.

bubba
April 30th, 2015, 02:39 AM
I went out for a Chinese lunch w/a man and woman I used to work with!! What a great time we had! Bob is not one who goes to restaurants (or movies, etc...) so we were both surprised he accepted the invite. As we were getting ready to leave, he asked where we were meeting up next month!

I gave Tina her Mariners purse and she cried and smiled and hugged me. It was a gift, but that was the greatest payment ever!

Check out this new fabric line...it's kinda cute!

BLUE-DIGITAL QUILT TOP OWL IN THE FAMILY (http://www.quiltingtreasures.com/shop/product/blue-inkjet-quilt-top-owl-in-the-family/)

toggpine
April 30th, 2015, 03:10 AM
Just checking in before heading to bed.

It looks like we had a wrestling match in the barn this afternoon. I have two goats and one dog limping. I think they may have gotten tired of her running them around. We'll see how things are in the morning and determine f anyone needs a trip to the vet, or just an aspirin.

Sweet Dreams quilty friends! C

MomGram
April 30th, 2015, 03:53 AM
Think this sinus infection has finally run it course. Still have a few more days of medicine to go. My niece stopped by today to put some of my stash on boards for me. Her boyfriend said he wanted to help her and felt they could do it all fairly quick. I just smiled at my niece and she laughed. He came back down a few minutes later and asked if there was some other stuff he could do.

MayinJerset
April 30th, 2015, 04:32 AM
Fell asleep much later tonight so I missed posting around 1am when Kim and I usually post at the same time. Almost 3am and I'm up for awhile checking out the forum, emails and next will sort through today's mail. Mail is mostly junk mail and usually goes right into the recycling bin but sometimes there's something interesting in it. Yesterday it was my M* Daily Deal order of Aurfil threads.

See where some of you have been enjoying eating out with friends, enjoying the outdoors but not the pollen and we all knew bubba's friend would love her Mariner's purse. So Cathy what was the outcome of the dust up between the dog and the goats? Hope it didn't require a Vet visit. MomGram it was nice that niece's BF offered to help but we know most men can't handle fabric very well.

Email from DGD Catherine, she and her DH will be over Saturday for an early Mother's Day visit as they'll be in Las Vegas Mother's Day weekend visiting her DH's dad. Been trying to think of a quick and easy dinner to make so we can spend most of our time visiting. Baked salmon, yams and a big salad sounds good and with pound cake and ice cream for dessert. DH has been a big ice cream kick lately. It's been on sale every week and although he usually likes just chocolate he has been picking up different flavors like mocha or black cherry swirls with chocolate bits. Told him the cost may be less but the calories aren't. He'll find out when the gets on the scale at doctor's office this morning. Time to go, so Nighty Night.

kimsophia
April 30th, 2015, 04:59 AM
Hmm, I had plans to glue another row together but I feel so tired...I got nine hours sleep but it was broken in half to go meet my friend. I seem to be addicted to this video game. Hyp-no-tised... @,@

toggpine
April 30th, 2015, 01:50 PM
No permanent harm seems to have come to any of the critters. Perhaps a new level of detante has been established in the barn yard.
Eve gets an energy build up and just has to run. Which is fine, as long as she doesn't make one of the goats run with her. They don't particularly like her version of Tag.
I don't get on her case if she's just out tearing around the pasture as fast as she can go. If the girls just ignore her and let her blow by, all is good. Sometimes they just can't repress the Fight or Flight response, and one will break and run. Then it's on.
I'm thinking the younger doe was being chased and she came around the corner into the barn and the old goat tagged Eve into the door jamb as she came by. It would be the best explanation for the injuries of a gimpy back leg on the young doe, the sore hip(s) on the dog, and the sensitive knee on the old lady. I have seen them do something similar in the past too.
Thankfully, no one seems to need a trip to the vet at this point!

kimsophia
April 30th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Your explanation makes more sense than mine...one goat held the doggie down and the other punched her!

toggpine
May 1st, 2015, 01:03 AM
You don't really want to mess with the herd. It might not be today, or even tomorrow, but their memories are a lot longer than you might think. They will eventually get you.