PDA

View Full Version : Things are finally settling down.

MBCA
April 29th, 2015, 12:42 AM
Haven't posted in awhile. I had a wonderful trip to MSQC , bought some beautiful fabrics, met Jenny and met lots of great quilters. There was a couple staying next door in Cameron, she quilts charity quilts for a hospital and came to Hamilton for fabric. I suggested she join the forum. I also spoke to some of the members of a guild that were there for a retreat. I visited some flea markets and antique shops in both Arkansas and Missouri and was thrilled to find an antique doll cradle at a shop in Missouri at an extremely low price in excellent condition. I have given each of my granddaughters a refurbished antique doll crib or cradle with an Adora doll for their second birthday, of course I also make a new mattress, pillow and quilt to go with it. This is my eighth one. Hopefully, the baby due in June is a boy, LOL! Since getting home I have been going constantly taking care of my mother and helping out with grand children. Most of my fabric I bought was for a quilt for nephew as a wedding gift. Was able to get quite a bit done on it today.

I got a new buddy this past Saturday. I named him Sergio. He is a Babylock imagine serger I found on Craigslist, had to get my husband to go with me to check it out, hardly used and I got it for a great price. I can't wait to make some zippered bags with it as well as clothes for all the granddaughters.

pcbatiks
April 29th, 2015, 01:09 AM
Hi Beth..........I've been wondering about how your trip to M* went. Glad to hear you had a great time. Did you fly or drive up there? By the way.......great name for the serger! :D

MBCA
April 29th, 2015, 01:56 AM
Hi Beth..........I've been wondering about how your trip to M* went. Glad to hear you had a great time. Did you fly or drive up there? By the way.......great name for the serger! :D

I drove, driving is very relaxing for me, interstate highways are fast but I prefer the more scenic routes. Spring flowers were gorgeous and after our dreary winter it was nice to see green.
I realized last week that I missed the Sulphur quilt show, I was hoping to go. Did you get there?

stationarymom
April 29th, 2015, 01:56 AM
Sounds like you had a great trip to Missouri,I bet you were thrilled to meet Jenny.Congrats on the serger!

rebeccas-sewing
April 29th, 2015, 05:21 AM
Thanks for filling us in on your trip to MSQC. Sounds like a fabulous time there.

Bubby
April 29th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Glad to hear you had a great trip, Beth! Did you go to the new Batik shop??

sewbizzy
April 29th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Glad you had a chance to go to M*QC...it sounds like you had a great time and got to shop---

pcbatiks
April 29th, 2015, 05:16 PM
I drove, driving is very relaxing for me, interstate highways are fast but I prefer the more scenic routes. Spring flowers were gorgeous and after our dreary winter it was nice to see green.
I realized last week that I missed the Sulphur quilt show, I was hoping to go. Did you get there?

I wished I would have thought about it......I could have reminded you about the Sulphur show. I went and enjoyed it. There is a quilt show in Leesville this weekend......I don't know much about it.

Sandy Navas
April 29th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Haven't posted in awhile. I had a wonderful trip to MSQC , bought some beautiful fabrics, met Jenny and met lots of great quilters. There was a couple staying next door in Cameron, she quilts charity quilts for a hospital and came to Hamilton for fabric. I suggested she join the forum. I also spoke to some of the members of a guild that were there for a retreat. I visited some flea markets and antique shops in both Arkansas and Missouri and was thrilled to find an antique doll cradle at a shop in Missouri at an extremely low price in excellent condition. I have given each of my granddaughters a refurbished antique doll crib or cradle with an Adora doll for their second birthday, of course I also make a new mattress, pillow and quilt to go with it. This is my eighth one. Hopefully, the baby due in June is a boy, LOL! Since getting home I have been going constantly taking care of my mother and helping out with grand children. Most of my fabric I bought was for a quilt for nephew as a wedding gift. Was able to get quite a bit done on it today.

I got a new buddy this past Saturday. I named him Sergio. He is a Babylock imagine serger I found on Craigslist, had to get my husband to go with me to check it out, hardly used and I got it for a great price. I can't wait to make some zippered bags with it as well as clothes for all the granddaughters.

My serger is also named Sergio!!! Like minds!

MBCA
April 29th, 2015, 11:59 PM
Glad to hear you had a great trip, Beth! Did you go to the new Batik shop??

I did, it was my favorite, I left most of my money there. I am working on a jacob's ladder in a blue batik and white for a wedding gift for my nephew.