PDA

View Full Version : Startled Night Owl...

MayinJerset
April 27th, 2015, 03:43 AM
Here I was sitting at my computer when I heard a slight noise in the other room and thought it was DH getting up to get a drink. Next thing I hear is "Hello Mom" and DS#3 is standing there. Turns out when he was visiting this afternoon he left his work laptop here so he'll sleep in his old room and go to work from here in the morning.

It was a very nice weekend, dinner on Sat. with brother Jim and sister Patti at sister Carol's and 2 sons over for a visit on Sunday. Now a little internet cruising before going back to sleep. Happy Dreams!

MomGram
April 27th, 2015, 04:36 AM
Love it when my boys drop by. Hmmmmm I need to plan a long sewing weekend. WHY? Because that is a sure sign they will be by or need me. LOL. To be fair I did get to visit them both this weekend but I'm greedy for more time.

kimsophia
April 27th, 2015, 04:40 AM
I'm having a nice night dinking around. Did some gardening today. My bad shoulder popped out of the socket for a few seconds. Yow. That hurt.

Tomorrow we get a new microwave installed.

Hope everyone's having a pleasant night.

toggpine
April 27th, 2015, 11:13 AM
I was too lazy to start a new thread last night! If I would have only waited a few more minutes, May would have done it for me!

Right now, we are at the point the kids (son & soon-to-be DIL) only seem to stop by when they need something, usually a babysitter or a free dinner.
The other one, well, I can hardly go to the bathroom without her wondering where I went and tracking me down.

The babysitting isn't that much of a hardship! :D

Hulamoon
April 27th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Ouch Kim! It's 4:15 here so I guess that counts as a night owl. I'm hoping to get a call for my carpet install today. Iv'e been in such limbo because I can't get my room started without it.I'm so tired of this mess! So Iv'e been looking up recipies. Consoling myself with pictures of food. lol

kimsophia
April 28th, 2015, 01:58 AM
So it's 11:58 p.m. which means this thread is still good? lol

CraftHer
April 28th, 2015, 02:03 AM
Hello night owls.

stationarymom
April 28th, 2015, 02:07 AM
Hello fellow night owls.I hope everything is fine every where.May I would love to have my DS drop by for visits but I haven't figured out how to get him to fly yet.All is quiet here as usual,I have a girlfriend who's mother is ill so would you mind keeping her in your prayers when you say them? Her name is Annette,she fell and fractured 2 vertebra (sp) and has a very bad cough this time in the hosp on her back just may set her up for pneumonia.

kimsophia
April 28th, 2015, 02:44 AM
I'm happy to send up prayers for any and all. :)

I got another two rows sewn together. I feel so sleepy, but I slept from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Anyway, the end of the piecing is in sight.

MayinJerset
April 28th, 2015, 03:25 AM
No middle of the night visits from one of my sons tonight. Joan I am lucky that sons can visit, #1 lives about 1hr south of us. #2 lives about 1 hr west of us and although #3 lives in Massachusetts he visits often with his kids. Saying a prayer for you friend's mom.

Cathy, Yes too often our kids only remember us when they need something, but now that DH and I are older they sometimes stop by to help us. Of course I have to tell them to come and help but it's a step in the right direction.

Fell asleep reading a mystery that is getting a bit complicated so I'll have to re-read a few pages as I can't remember the last plot twist. I should be taking care of some paper work and bills but am going to get back to my book.

kensington
April 28th, 2015, 03:41 AM
I'm having a nice night dinking around. Did some gardening today. My bad shoulder popped out of the socket for a few seconds. Yow. That hurt.

Tomorrow we get a new microwave installed.

Hope everyone's having a pleasant night.

I thought you said... "I was night drinking around"

toggpine
April 28th, 2015, 03:49 AM
The house and the farm are all tucked in for the night.

Em & I went and had our hair cut after school. I had a hard time getting ahold of our stylist. She lost her business phone (cell) and can't find it. Since she's very happy with her client load and any referrals she gets from us, she's not advertising like she was and had just decided to use her personal number. She forgot to let some of us know or update her webpage with the need to message/text her. When I did catch up with her, I said if she didn't want us as clients to just say so. She said her husband would be very unhappy if she dumped the "Jelly Lady". I have been bringing her a small jar of different jellies for the last year or so when I come in for an appointment. The "Goat Lady" is something I have become accustomed to being called, the Jelly Lady is going to take some getting used to. Em & I have fabulous hair again for the next 6 to 8 weeks! Teagan is as close to a Blondie hair cut as I'm likely to get anytime soon. I just love that she can cut this mess of curly waves and make it behave.

I'm making plans for a trip to JoAnn's on Thursday. I am making a set of table cloths for the staff lunchroom tables at the elementary school. We are putting on a breakfast along with some other events for the teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week. The PTA wanted something more classy than the plastic jobs from the Dollar store. I'll go buy the wide bleached muslin and put a rolled hem on it with my serger. The tables are 4'x6' plus the drop. It shouldn't take too long to whip those out.

Well, I've noshed my couple of mini-chocolate bars, so I had better head off for bed.
Sweet dreams in the tree!
Cath

bubba
April 28th, 2015, 04:02 AM
I'm making plans for a trip to JoAnn's on Thursday.

Which Joanns do you go to?

kimsophia
April 28th, 2015, 04:12 AM
I thought you said... "I was night drinking around"

lol...It sounds good but if I drank now I would get zilch done, so I'll wait until 7 or 8 a.m. and take a Trazadone knocked back with a mouthful of wine to knock myself out... :)

I'm propagating succulents so my cousin and I can each have some. I did not put down enough newspaper on the carpet. Oops. At least the cactus potting mix was completely dry. This is the web site I am using for directions: https://needlesandleaves.squarespace.com/blog/2013/5/31/propagating-leggy-succulents

toggpine
April 28th, 2015, 01:57 PM
Pat, I'll probably head to the one in Tacoma after Em's speech appointment (5:30ish). It's a much larger store than the one in Port Orchard, although service is better in Pt. O.
I'm going to try to find an entire bolt of the wide muslin and use my 60% coupon on it. What ever I don't use for the table cloths, I can use for backing for my quilts.

bubba
April 28th, 2015, 08:41 PM
I know someone who lives only a mile from that store!!!

toggpine
April 29th, 2015, 06:29 PM
Pat, You know my sister?!?!?!
Well... she might be a bit further than a mile, but still pretty close.

Ooooh, wait! You meant somebody else! We are going to have to get together one of these days!

bubba
April 29th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Maybe I know your sister!!!! I was just at Artco and they have fabric, buy two yards, get one free!!! Everything on a bolt. I'm not sure the flat folds are included....should have looked a little closer! If you go, look at the military quilt on the back wall behind the cutting table...it is stunning! I was tempted to buy the pattern, but didn't.

toggpine
April 30th, 2015, 03:06 AM
OooH!
The only reason I'm going to J's is to pick up the fabric for the tablecloths for the school. I'm still trying to be good and use up as much of my stash as possible before adding more. I need to get the box of fabric out of Em's room! So I really shouldn't stop at Artco, BUT I have to go right by there to get to Em's appointment....