PDA

View Full Version : A FAIRWELL TO MY OLD GIRL MOLLY

sewmuchjan
September 30th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Please bare with me I lost my old mare last Sunday afternoon and I am still very sad about it. She was 35 years old and I have had her for 20 of those years. I know that she is in a better place running with our other old gal Tasha. Here is a picture of her taken 12-2007. She was a good horse and I love her. She and Tasha are running free and wild in God's green pastures and their manes and tails are blowing in the wind. Sassy and free.

Molly
1976 to 2011

Good bye my dear freind some day we will ride the range together again.

toggpine
September 30th, 2011, 06:17 PM
It is always hard to loose our furry friends no matter how big or small. Our lives have been blessed with their presence and we will always cherish the memories we made with them.

EsGrandma
September 30th, 2011, 06:18 PM
So sorry - your tribute to her is beautiful. I am sure that one day, she will greet you and the two of you will ride together again.

Sewbee
September 30th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Jan, Molly was a beautiful mare! I know she is leaving you with a broken heart but you will always have the wonderful memories you and she created together over those 20 years. Our beloved pets are family and it is so hard to say goodbye. It sounds like Molly had a long and happy life with family who loved her and she loved back. That's all we can ask for and we can be grateful we had them in our lives as long as we did. I feel your pain. I too have lost many loved pets, but like you I believe they are now truly free, happy, healthy and waiting to greet us again one day. Molly will always be with you in your heart. I am sorry for your loss.

Monique
September 30th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Sorry for your loss Jan. You have wonderful memories to help get you through the heartache.

Hugs,

sewmuchjan
September 30th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. It does help

love and hugs
Jan G

meemeecyn
September 30th, 2011, 06:47 PM
My heart is breaking for you Jan, and I have tears in my eyes as the lovely tribute you gave to her. Molly was a lucky horse to have such a loving and caring owner. May she rest in peace and may all those wonderful memories give you peace, especially now knowing she is running with Tasha.

Bubby
September 30th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Jan, So sorry for the loss of your Molly. Animals have a very special place in our hearts and lives and they are very much family. She was lucky to have you as her Mom.....Hugs, Barb

bakermom
September 30th, 2011, 07:38 PM
So sorry! We had a pony that lived well into her thirties and a horse that was nearly 30 when we lost her. They really become a part of your life.

stitching woman
September 30th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I know your heart is broken you were lucky to have enjoyed her all this time. Sorry for your loss.

Bernice

Blondie
September 30th, 2011, 07:50 PM
((((((Oh Jan))))))))), I feel your sadness and wish I could be there with you. I am brightened by the fact that you gave her the best 20 years of her life, knowing she was loved so much by you. And you are so right, she is in such a better place, ready to run like the wind. She was a beauty!
Big hugs and prayers for healing of your heart.
Blondie

quiltingtrish
September 30th, 2011, 07:56 PM
What a beautiful horse, Jan. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. She sounds like she had many happy years with you.

Big Hugs,

BellasQuilts
September 30th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Jan, I know the pain. I just lost my girl Bella (ergo my screen name) a few months ago. She was only 25, but served 15 years on the Sheriffs Mounted Unit as the only mare ever allowed on. She was more horse than I was rider, but I loved her so. I can only now look out at the paddock and not cry. Sending you horsie hugs from California! Maybe our girls will run together up there in the big pastures in the sky. Many, many hugs. Megan

KiltedQuilter
September 30th, 2011, 08:27 PM
What a gorgeous horse! so sorry you lost her.
I love horses always have, although I am extremely allergic to them. I find them the most graceful animals, full of character.

sewmuchjan
September 30th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Thank you all for everything this has helped to heal my heart! That is why we are on this forum. Yes my old girl was a good looking horse. And I have a bunch of good and not so good memories of my life with Molly. But one I will share with you all:

It was about 1996 Jim (DH) and I where riding out in the back pasture and my DS and his Kids show up to visit and his daughter was about 4 or 5 was watching us ride, now my Molly could only be road bareback and she liked to jump and rear up at any given time (I had strong riding legs then) and she decided to show off!!! And Coryn (my DGD) told her Daddy looky Grandma is Zorro!!!! That is how I got the nickname Grandma Zorro!!! And the rest is history!!!:icon_giggle:

BellaQuilts; I am only little over two hours away from you so yup they are up there running together!!! I can't look at the pasture either my dear. Thank you :icon_sniff:

Thanks Blondie I felt your big ol southern hug over here!!! Love ya

BellasQuilts
September 30th, 2011, 09:48 PM
I always hoped that I would see her in my dreams - so sweet dreams to you tonight. Cowgirl Up!

EsGrandma
September 30th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Jan - thanks for the great story of "Grandma Zorro". Please feel free to share any others - we're very good listeners!

sewmuchjan
September 30th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Yup I have been seeing her in my dreams!! But she is walking in my front door!!! She is Saying I love you and I am OK!!
Sweet dreams to you tooo my freind they are here and looking over us and smiling!! You know how a horse smiles don't ya!! :) :)

Sweet dreams to all my quilting freinds here love you all you have really helped me, even if I still get weepy and stuff, I love you all.

Hugs and Blessings
Jan G

Sandy Navas
September 30th, 2011, 10:19 PM
I have to join in and send you some special horsey hugs! We all know how difficult it is when we lose our best friends. Cry when you have to - don't hold it in!

sewmuchjan
September 30th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Thank you Sandy it means a lot to me, and I hope your Agnes is doing much better which is a lot harder than my old girl passing.

God Bless all of you and take care of the children, and their families and Grandma's and Grandpa's

Good night and I love you all
Jan G

sewengirl
October 1st, 2011, 02:48 AM
We will all miss Molly and tasha, they were great horse. I loved riding them. I wish I knew what Happen to the pics that jim toke of us riding Molly and tasha. me on tasha and my mom on molly. they were awesome horse. Molly is now with her sister Tasha and right by their side is Ringo Star Tasha colt, that was lost at young are. Go and be Free anf run with the wind. Love me.9396

Molly Tasha and Ringo Star

debinmalaga
October 1st, 2011, 07:51 AM
Jan, I have tears for your lovely tributes to Molly, and for the pain I know you're feeling. They are so precious to us and leave such big holes in our hearts when we lose them. Big hugs.

carolv
October 1st, 2011, 10:30 AM
Jan, so sorry for your loss. There is something special about them Mollies. We just lost our molly the cow dog. She was 10 years old and had about 5 strokes in the last few years. She was blind but could still make her way from our house to my father-in-laws house across the pasture. When she was younger she would make a run through the pasture and yap at any cow laying down so they would get up and then she would run to the house and it would look like she was smiling. Lots of hugs to you and your family.
Carol

quilter.martha
October 1st, 2011, 05:52 PM
Jan, I understand your loss. Losing a dear pet is very hard, no matter what it is--horse, dog, cat, whatever. They are our children, and we love them as such. Hang in there and hold onto your memories. They'll help.

sewmuchjan
October 1st, 2011, 08:51 PM
I just wanted to say one last thing:

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COMFORTING AND LOVING THOUGHTS FOR ME AND MY OLD GIRL MOLLY.

LOVE YOU ALL AND MY DAUGHTER TOO.
BIG HUGS FROM ME
GOD BLESS YOU ALL

oldgurl4
October 2nd, 2011, 12:27 AM
Ohh Jan....I'm sorry to hear your sad news... Hang in there.

~Your sorrow is felt by all who know you and Love You~~

We may Be Far from each other ....But We are closer than you think cause
We are there with you in Spirit.

She will ALWAYS Live On Within You....So Sweet Dreams My Dear....

Loonwatcher
October 2nd, 2011, 06:11 PM
What a pretty girl you Molly was. So sorry for your deep loss. You were blessed with her for a long time. But you're right, she's running free with her friend Tasha and will be there to see you one day.

Kizzie
October 5th, 2011, 08:35 AM
aww Jan so sorry to hear this.... its such a long time that they live for they are definitely too strongly part of your life! My horse is back in Australia and I have missed him for the last 18months but I cant wait to see him again, I hope he lives as long as Molly did she must have been such a happy mare with you BIG GIANT HORSE HUG ABOUT 16HH! Hope you are doing better each day!! Our animals become our best friends they listen and are always there for us no matter what.....

To try cheer you up a bit... heres a little bit of a funny example of why animals are your best friend

Put your dog and your husband locked in the boot of the car and open the car 4hrs later and see who will still be happy to see you :)

janluna
October 5th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Kizzie, that is funny and oh so true. Jan I already gave you my message, but had to say, yes, I know how horses smile. Birds do too. It's an amazing thing to see.! I still dream of my cocker spaniels that we loved so much. I feel them close to me. They are playing and waiting for me, just like Molly is for you. Someone told me animals have no souls and I had to disagree with them strongly. God put us in dominium of them but He sent them here to teach us what Love really is like. If only we listen. God Bless Darlin girl, Love, Jan L.