PDA

View Full Version : WHAT a WEEK!! uhg!

WendyI
April 23rd, 2015, 10:31 AM
This has been an extremely stressful week for me but I'm going to try and follow Blondie's advice and see the positives!

So found out from my landlord that I can get in to my place on the 30th which is awesome! (positive one). Trying to see if I can even get the keys late on the 29th so I can get an early start on the 30th. Fingers crossed!

Because of this I decided to try and change my moving truck to the 30th. Called Monday, they said they had none but to keep checking their site as people frequently change or cancel. So that's what I did and lo and behold a suitable truck (26 ft) came up so I booked it! Wooot! 15 minutes later the company (UHaul...NEVER use them!) calls me to tell me that they don't ACTUALLY have a 26 foot truck unless I want to drive to Windsor (2 hours away at 60 cents/km) to get one! I'm like Uhhhm...noooo...just give me my other truck back. Their response....sorry that truck is already gone! WHAT?! It's been 15 minutes!! So to make a long story short, after three hours, my truck popped back up on the grid and I got it back but for a time I had NO truck at all! So Positive two...at least I still have a truck!

Then on Thursday last week I called my account manager at the bank to find out what the final payment amount on our mortgage would be. She said she could not provide it until Friday. I said fine. Tuesday I still had not heard anything so I emailed her and reminded her. She replies (quite snottily) that the information was forwarded to our lawyer on Friday. No CC to me or information. This is so very typical of the kind of service we receive from her. We asked several more questions all of which either were not answered or were vaguely answered. So Tuesday I had finally had enough and I fired her and copied her manager. It's a pain to switch branches but we are and the positive is that the new person I am dealing with at the new branch is awesome! Very helpful and friendly.

Then yesterday morning was one of those that was hectic. Late and running around to get ready. Three o'clock comes and Liam calls me from home asking where the dog is! I'm like uhhh...WHAT?! He should be in the house! Nope! Liam forgot to let him back inside in the morning before we left! It's his job to let the dog out and back in every morning. I normally check but it was hectic and I forgot. So we have rabbits in our yard that have burrowed under the fence and every spring the fences move up and down with the frost so I guess he found a wee hole and out he got! Found him at the Humane Society safe and sound thankfully....although it cost me $110. OYE! So the positive in that is he didn't get hit by a car and is now home safe and warm.

Also decided to go with a different bird. The conure that I chose has the potential to be a huge problem for noise and I just am very concerned about that living in an apartment. So I've decided to get an African Grey instead. They are the best talking birds and the one I have always wanted. I found one that is about 6 years old and am going to try and meet her this weekend.

Hoping the rest of the week will be less stressful! This weekend is THE BIG packing weekend...a LOT of stuff to do...will start some of it now though as I'm starting to panic a bit!

If you read this far...here's a (((((((((((((((MASSIVE HUG))))))))))))))))))))! love you all! xoxo

Sonic
April 23rd, 2015, 10:39 AM
Breathe...
In...exhale out....in...exhale out...

Isn't it funny how when you don't have time or patience to deal with life's bumps in the road...that's when you run across them? :icon_bigsmile:
I swear (and I've moved a lot, so I know) I have learned to schedule a few extra days because I just know something will come up during packing/moving time. It's usually never what I expect it will be, but the extra days keep me from going into a full blown panic.
Just keep your eyes on the prize and know it will be all over soon.

I so wish I lived closer so mr beautiful conure could come live with me, but alas...
Good luck meeting the AG.

SallyO'Sews
April 23rd, 2015, 11:45 AM
{{{WENDY}}} Hang in there, kiddo - you can do this! Try to enjoy the process, and think about how great your new place will be.

Sylvia H
April 23rd, 2015, 12:27 PM
Good for you on focusing on the positive. It seems to make dealing with life events easier. Sending all positive thoughts for your move.

Iris Girl
April 23rd, 2015, 03:41 PM
Hang on girl . Your almost at the end and can then relax and enjoy your new life!

irishrn
April 23rd, 2015, 05:36 PM
Well my friend! Hopefully all the crap was before the move so everything from here on out will be clear sailing!
I had to laugh cause you have been dreading things not going well but on a 1-10 scale your stuff wasn't too bad!
Glad the dog was found safe and sound, as that would have been a hard pill to swallow for you both!
So from here on out nothing but smiles and laughter for you both. Keep us posted on your progress!
HUGS girl!!!

auntiemern
April 23rd, 2015, 05:55 PM
I must say, I am so proud of you. You have taken the bull by the horns, and taken control of your own life. Just remember, it is always darkest before the dawn....and your sun is beginning to shine.

Midge
April 23rd, 2015, 06:01 PM
Wendy, I'm sorry for the extra stresses, and so glad you got your fur baby back! I bet Liam never forgets to let the dog back in again! Boo and double boo to U Haul. Agree 10000%. Never again. You are handling everything with a great 'get outta my way I'm busy here' attitude. I like it. Packing is the worst, but you can do it. Hang in there because the outcome will be awesome.

BellasQuilts
April 23rd, 2015, 10:54 PM
Has anyone else noticed the much stronger tone in her writing? Hmmm......just sayin..... Hugs back at ya, doll!

Mpyles
April 23rd, 2015, 11:01 PM
Way to go Wendy!! With every challenge you are showing resilience, perseverance, and positivity! You go girl!

stationarymom
April 24th, 2015, 02:22 AM
Wendy you sound like you're doing great.I'm glad you can see the positive because it's so easy to focus on the negative.Your almost there ,imagine that and you thought you wouldn't make it.Hang in there your new beginning is almost here.

Bjvarizona
April 24th, 2015, 03:31 AM
Inhale! Smell the fresh, clean, never been lived in by anyone else smell, exhale, ahhhhh, that smell is the first whiff of your new life! It smells good. Now inhale, smell the lovely food smells of your housewarming party food, exhale ahhhhhh, that lovingly prepared party food, yummy! I know you still have to pretend, but the imagining can help you get to the reality! Go girl, it's homestretch time!

sewelegant
April 24th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Think about how you were feeling a few months ago. You were at the brink of breaking. Look how far you've come! Friends, activities, the move is here, and you're at the finish line. The little things are what derail a weaker person. But you've become so strong that you're able to turn them into positives! What a transformation. So proud of you! Don't look back now - your new exciting life is in front of you - reach for it!

Monique
April 24th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Full speed ahead. Look ahead and not behind. Soon you will be in your new place with a fresh new start. You go girl.

ravelim
April 24th, 2015, 10:29 AM
I must say, I am so proud of you. You have taken the bull by the horns, and taken control of your own life. Just remember, it is always darkest before the dawn....and your sun is beginning to shine.

I totally agree!!!!! Hugs to you. Enjoy your moving..

WendyI
April 24th, 2015, 10:45 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE! I have tears in my eyes reading all the positive and encouraging comments! I don't know what I would do without all you amazing people!! Every single one of you are special human beings!

I am gonna move on and get better...life WILL be better...I have to believe this! Good days are ahead for me I am sure. Thanks again everyone. LOVE YOU ALL! xoxox

easyquilts
April 24th, 2015, 05:42 PM
Keep breathing.... It will all work out in the quilting....

Deegles
April 24th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Ahhhhhh.....breath in.....sounds like life. I think we all know it too well! Hang in there, things all seem to foul at once and then you will have a more peaceful stretch.