PDA

View Full Version : So, it's Thursday

Blondie
April 23rd, 2015, 06:29 AM

Hello Folksies!
Yes, it's Thursday. I like to make each day a celebration. Really, I do. I mean there is always something special or neat that happens each and every day. Sometimes I look back on yesterday and sometimes I have to reach way back into my yesterdays to find that one special thought, action, remembrance to start my day off with a smile. I am so not a morning person that I must dwell on what a cup of coffee does before I actually verbalize it.

Like everyone else in the world it seems, allergies are really really really kicking my hiney this year. I think I say that every year. That's because every year they do. We have been having March winds and here we are in mid April. The rain we've had kind of soothed that nasty yellow pollen to a dull roar and then the sun came out. Since the wind never left, you can imagine what the inside of my house looks. Pollen everywhere. Zyrtec is my friend.

Today will be a mixed bag of activities. Work, dr appts, baby sit and work some more. While typing this out, I found my happy thought for today. I am not cooking tonite. It is leftover night. Huzzah. Make today special. SMILE!

Bubby
April 23rd, 2015, 06:45 AM
Morning Blondie and Everyone,

I've been up quite a while. The house is so quiet I can hear little Olive snoring in her crate in the laundry room. Jeff is going back to work today but he plans to just put in a few hours at first. It's going to feel strange with him gone. It's going to be an adjustment for both of us.

No real news from here. It's been cold and windy, so our lightweight jackets and my robe have come back out of the closet. I think I need to devote a week to Spring cleaning but our oak pollen hasn't come yet and it would be a waste of time right now. The only thing in bloom around here is our allergies. The trees are leafing and the dogwoods are coming out, but there were no Spring flowers. It's Spring turkey season here so I've been hearing gunfire already this morning. Hunting has to stop at 1 pm each day so the turkeys can roost.

Wishing everyone a safe and blessed day.

pcbatiks
April 23rd, 2015, 07:12 AM
Good morning. I'm not usually up this early......must have been having my own personal tropical vacation....woke up way too warm and couldn't go back to sleep. I've been sewing zombie blocks with zombie head sashing this week. :D. My Dh & I have also been walking more while the weather is nice.

Barb........hoping things are working out for the best with your problem tenant.

I feel a nap coming on. Have a good day quilting friends. :)

Monique
April 23rd, 2015, 07:52 AM
Good morning. Pain in the hip again this morning. Not sure what happened there. Sitting with Ted yesterday went fine, not really a hard job. I did spend most of the time on this computer, getting sidetracked from here to there. Must be squirrel brain.

I am not sure what I am doing today.

Have a great day everyone.

Ginny B
April 23rd, 2015, 08:07 AM

Good morning. It was a beautiful sunrise. Loving having this relaxing time away. We had a nice relaxing morning yesterday. Got to sit outside after breakfast and just enjoy looking out over the Marina. I did grab the small quilt I brought with me and did a little sewing on the binding. Them we headed to R.I. for a visit with my ex-sister-in-law. Although we decided that we will never be "ex".

Today we are going to the Florence Griswold House. At one time it was a large artists colony so the gallery should be very interesting. Then we will head to an area with some antique stores and browse around there and have some lunch.

Time for a shower now then head down for breakfast. I hope my picture of the sunrise posts ok.. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Edit: Drat! Sideways picture.

irishrn
April 23rd, 2015, 09:11 AM
Morning all! Been up about 30 mins but still feeling sleepy! Casey let me sleep till 730 which is unusual!
First quiet morning this week. Woke up Monday morning to workers in the driveway who came to power wash the house prior to painting it. Next two days had painters here all day with ladders everywhere! They did a great job on the color and trim. We are very pleased!
Realized I haven't been in the sewing room now since March 16 th! My plans for this week fell thru when the workers showed up! I had to be on watch with Casey since the back yard gates were often open with the painters and DH doesn't pay attention to details like that. And DH has been out of sorts with back pain the past few days so there was no pleasing him at all! So I just gave up and took care of what I could!
I hope everyone has good weather and allergies go away! It's been a wicked pollen season for so many! Hopefully I'll get back to walking daily soon. My fibromyalgia has been a bit overactive of late. Need to get that under control too! It does wear me out too quickly!
Hugs to all!!!!

MayinJerset
April 23rd, 2015, 09:18 AM
Sun is shining outside but my body telling me rain or at least dampness that makes my muscles and joints ache. Just downed some Advil and soon will feel some relief to get me going with my day. A bit of laundry, a bit of sewing and some phone calls this morning and who knows what this afternoon.

Love the sunset Ginny.

Sylvia H
April 23rd, 2015, 09:42 AM
Good morning, all. Enjoying my first cuppa. I take thyroid med in the AM, so have to wait an hour for coffee, as I add cream, and that is a no no immediately after the med. Today, finally, the red sauce will get cooked. I've been wanting to make it for weeks - but there was always something else that had to get done. I'm just using canned tomatoes, but looking forward to making more with fresh when they are in season.

Then, some paper work and a few errands, laundry (one load) and a bit of cleaning. The rest of the day is mine.....sewing room, here I come.

WendyI
April 23rd, 2015, 09:50 AM

Good morning. It was a beautiful sunrise. I hope my picture of the sunrise posts ok.. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Edit: Drat! Sideways picture.

Ginny...is that the view from your house!? Do you live on a boat? GORGEOUS!

WendyI
April 23rd, 2015, 09:52 AM
Morning all....This has been a rough week (will do a separate post about that) but overall I'm in okay spirits considering. Have made some decisions around a bird and a few other things. This is THE BIG weekend for packing...and cleaning. Going to get the bathrooms in order and clean then will just have to do a quick wipe down on moving day.

Barb, hope Jeff's day at work goes well. Enjoy your alone time! Everyone else...sending love and hugs to you all!! xox

shermur
April 23rd, 2015, 10:02 AM
Morning all! Been up since 1:30 AM due to the nasty cold I have been fighting since Monday afternoon! UGH! I can't seem to get enough sleep, I can't breathe!

Dr Appt for Halgal13 this morning, I hope to feel well enough to clean today, organize sewing room (what a disaster). Tomorrow I have an interview...ya'll need to cross your fingers this one will pull through!!!!

Everyone have a blessed day!

Ginny B
April 23rd, 2015, 10:22 AM
Ginny...is that the view from your house!? Do you live on a boat? GORGEOUS!

No Wendy, we are on vacation at a B&B in Connecticut. It is right on a marina. I love it here

JCY
April 23rd, 2015, 10:29 AM
Good Morning! Sun is up. I've been up since 0500, my usual rising time. Yest. I finished quilting the Binding Tool Star Quilt. I decided to go with straight line stitching with the walking foot to feature the star -- similar to my Big Star Baby Quilt in my albums. I got the binding sewn on the first side. It's ready to be turned & pinned.

Well, those rabbits that have been hanging around in our yard have been busy. They've been living under our barn-shaped shed. I noticed 2 babies last eve. They didn't venture far from their bolt hole. Every little thing startled them, like a nearby grackle, & they'd run back under the shed. I must admit they're really cute. I'll keep an eye on them to make sure they don't venture into the flower beds. The rabbits seem to eat just grass. At least I don't have a garden where veggies would be tempting.

Wendy, I wish you well in your upcoming move & getting settled in your new place. Prayers for those who are having health problems. Everyone have a good day!

Grandma Nan
April 23rd, 2015, 10:42 AM
Well I've decided I must have passed into a new phase of life development. I always used to get up around 5:30 for work cause that's what nurses do.,After I retired I used to still wake early but lately, unless I have something to do I have been sleeping later. It started out that I slept til 8 now I'm up to 9 or 9:30. I still go to bed at the same time so that isn't different. Oh well, I think I can roll with the flow but I am learning that I don't like to book any early morning appointments.

Need to do some housework (yuck and I will understand if the admin has to remove this post for using bad words) then I hope to get into the sewing room. I have to do some prep for a class I am taking on Saturday. It is stained glass quilting and I am looking forward to it.

Its a dull cold day here and I don't feel to inspired but I am just starting cuppa #2 and putting a lot of hope in this cup that it will get me motivated. I decided last night one of my long term plans is making a quilt from the fabric licence plates. I am going to start collecting them and in a few years I will have enough to make a quilt top. I am also looking forward to the Row by Row challenge. I don't make the 8 row quilt but I like collecting the free patterns and making the small lines.

Well hope everyone has a good day.

PS My cuppa #2 hasn't kicked in yet but I'm still holding out hope.

Carrie J
April 23rd, 2015, 10:56 AM

Another sloppy wet day here, storms rolled in in the wee hours, off for coffee! :D

rebeccas-sewing
April 23rd, 2015, 11:32 AM
For those who have been kind enough to pray for us, I thought I'd let you know my sister is in recovery from having part of her tongue removed. The doctor said he feels confident that he got all the cancer. They have sent samples to the lab to see what type of cancer it is and to also determine if she needs radiation. Thank goodness they are keeping her overnight. She was expecting to go home and I was very worried about that since she lives alone. When they realized she has no one living with her they decided to keep her overnight. What a relief. Sitting here shedding tears. I think it's just the worry that's getting to me. Thank heaven for her friend from church. She's been a real blessing to be so willing to help Diana through this. The doctor said she's going to be in pain for about two weeks. She has trouble taking anything with codeine in it since it makes her nauseous. She's going to try to just take Advil and something else the doctor suggested, but I have a feeling she's going to need to have that back-up prescription filled. My sis is not a big woman. The thought of her losing weight is also very worrisome. I just feel such a sense of relief that they are keeping her overnight in case she has problems with her tongue swelling. Thanks to all my friends here who have said prayers for us. It means a lot to me.

RockinLou
April 23rd, 2015, 01:57 PM
I'm exhausted, we have 38 days of school left, oh how I can't wait!! I'm pulling my daughter and I from any after school activities and I purchased my son his first bike. We are just going to try and relax and enjoy the springtime. Stress and allergies have me feeling down and out these days... Our nanny can't work tomorrow so I will take a half day at work and pick my son up at noon. I'm very much looking forward to the time with him!!

We had a teacher meeting with my daughters teacher today, our 6th this year over the same issues... We got a commitment from the admin that even though the teacher is moving to teach 1 st grade next year that our daughter will be in another class. Otherwise we ride out 38 days of being bored and hope for the best next year... She is reading at a second grade level and her class is still studying letters and their sounds at circle time... Of course she is bored!!

BellasQuilts
April 23rd, 2015, 10:58 PM
Prayers continue for your sister!
Megan

For those who have been kind enough to pray for us, I thought I'd let you know my sister is in recovery from having part of her tongue removed. The doctor said he feels confident that he got all the cancer. They have sent samples to the lab to see what type of cancer it is and to also determine if she needs radiation. Thank goodness they are keeping her overnight. She was expecting to go home and I was very worried about that since she lives alone. When they realized she has no one living with her they decided to keep her overnight. What a relief. Sitting here shedding tears. I think it's just the worry that's getting to me. Thank heaven for her friend from church. She's been a real blessing to be so willing to help Diana through this. The doctor said she's going to be in pain for about two weeks. She has trouble taking anything with codeine in it since it makes her nauseous. She's going to try to just take Advil and something else the doctor suggested, but I have a feeling she's going to need to have that back-up prescription filled. My sis is not a big woman. The thought of her losing weight is also very worrisome. I just feel such a sense of relief that they are keeping her overnight in case she has problems with her tongue swelling. Thanks to all my friends here who have said prayers for us. It means a lot to me.