PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday

Blondie
April 22nd, 2015, 06:57 AM

Hello Folksies
Yesterday was a glorious day full of sunshine, cool breezes, and armfuls of baby boy. Actually, I stayed long after Sarah got home from class so she could take a nap. Being thrust into being a full time mom with school and work suddenly is wearing her out. Good thing we live close. Tyler is doing okay. Just a beautiful baby boy. I got him to giggling yesterday so Tyler and I spent the morning finding things that made him laugh and smile. Which made me smile. He even baby jabbered while pulling at my big nose. He had me at his smile when I walked through the door. I am not able to quilt while with Ty. He is crawling all over the place and they don't have a play pen yet. Plus they have 3 dogs who are still wondering what he is doing there and is he ever gonna leave.

Last evening I got a quilt top finished and sandwiched. Now the quilting part. It is for a cousin's daughter who is marrying in July. So, I have three quilts that need to be finished, plus some COC's

Off to get ready for the day - will try to read some more threads here before I go. have a wonderful day filled with happy surprises. Blessings, prayers for all and of course, smiles.

EnumclawGramma
April 22nd, 2015, 07:30 AM
Morning Blondie! Just popping in for a minute to say Bless you heart, and Tyler is truly a blessed little guy to have fallen into your life. Have fun, and enjoy. Hugs 😊

Plentziana
April 22nd, 2015, 07:53 AM
Good morning everyone,Blondie see who is happy with that baby, children are adorable and so loving when you are with them you forget all the problems of the day, when my granddaughters were small (now 13 and 11) and were coming my house went very well and allowed me to leave everything undone to go for a walk, so we must seize when they are young because they grow so fast and leave us, although I still come to visit me but now the talks are adolescents and sometimes I have trouble understanding their attitudes. I hope everything will go well and have a good day and has all the wonderful people in this forum

MayinJerset
April 22nd, 2015, 08:06 AM
Here early this morning while coffee is brewing. Want to take a shower but I think coffee first so I'm fully awake to take it. Have been enjoying no stress for showering since we had the opening cut into our bathtub and safety bars installed. At times I couldn't left my legs high enough to get in the tub but now it's an easy in and out while holding onto the wall bar.

Cut the squares and circles for a COC quilt yesterday and hope to sew them this morning. Might even be able to make 2 quilt tops as I have plenty of fabric left from the queen size quilt I made DS#2 and DDIL several years ago. That would be great as I want to use up these fabrics as part of my de-stashing efforts.

Blondie, you are having way too much fun with Tyler, aren't little kids wonderful?

Monique
April 22nd, 2015, 08:12 AM
Good morning everyone.

Blondie, nothing better than having little ones about. Give him lots of Grandma kisses. He is a lucky little boy to have you in his life.

It was a long day yesterday. We did enjoy a nice lunch. And after the appointment I was able to go buy Greg's birthday gift. He asked for a bath towel, just a plain one with no logos on it. DONE!! Les' appointment was a little late but we have some answers. The doctor could find no nerve damage, which is a good thing. They have pinpointed the affected area, it is in the forearm. Possibly torn muscle? He sees our doc this morning so they can discuss the next course of action. NO quilting was done at all yesterday.

Today I sit with Bonnie's husband for the better part of the day. I will bring projects with me that I can work on over there.

Aside from that, it looks like ANOTHER rainy day here.

Have a great day friends. I will smile at the picture in my head of Blondie playing with Ty.

Ginny B
April 22nd, 2015, 08:45 AM
Good morning everyone. Blondie, sounds like Tyler is a happy little guy.

We had a good trip yesterday and it is a beautiful morning here in CT. Slept well and we are getting ready to go down to breakfast shortly. We stopped at Hobby Lobby on our way up yesterday and I got some cute flannel to make some receiving blankets and burp cloths for the craft fair next month.

Have a terrific day all

Bubby
April 22nd, 2015, 08:51 AM
Morning, We had a whopper of a storm last night. We are going out to see if we have any trees down. At one point we heard what sounded like pretty good size hail. Everything is nice and green this morning.

Blondie, I know you're having a ball with Tyler. There's something special about being able to play like a child again....enjoy!

Wishing everyone a great day!

rebeccas-sewing
April 22nd, 2015, 09:27 AM
So how are things going up in New England? I haven't heard anything lately about the snow problem and where it is all going as it melts. Of course, I'm assuming it's melting or melted by now. I've love it if someone would fill me in.

WendyI
April 22nd, 2015, 09:45 AM
Morning everyone. Blondie you must be having SO much fun with that wee babe!

Yesterday was a very stressful day. Almost lost my moving truck when I tried to change the dates...the UHaul company here is extremely unprofessional and their processes are ridiculous. Anyway, after several hours of panicked stress I managed to get it back. Had a couple of meltdowns yesterday...my anxiety is high now that the move is only 9 days away. Had some frustrating situations with my bank and ended up firing our account manager and requesting someone else. Will be interesting to see how that turns out. She's been difficult to deal with since we were assigned to her a few years ago and the branch itself has horrid customer service so I'm leaving that branch as soon as the house is closed unless I can do it before.

Hopefully today will be a better day! Thinking of all those with troubles and sending lots of love and hugs your way!! xox

ravelim
April 22nd, 2015, 10:14 AM
Blondie, so glad you can have baby hugs and kisses.

Our tulips are in beautiful full bloom (that is the ones left by the squirrels). Bright reds and yellows. And yesterday a bright sunny day. Supposed to be that way today.

DH is beginning allergy shots again. Spring and it's allergens reall bother him. Hope these help him.

Going to sew today.

Have a great day everyone.

ceiliam
April 22nd, 2015, 10:56 AM
Morning all. Question what is coc quilt?. Last row to put on rail fence quilt. Then borders. Just doing lap one. Good thing as i am really bored with it and. Will not do this one again. So pretty here this time year. Leaks are ready to pi k may b e some leak and potToe s oup maybe get some ba on. To add in. Sounds good to me. Maybe. Will work on quilting my quilt for my bed. Hope all have great day. Blondie hug and. Kiss. That baby. Miss that

MayinJerset
April 22nd, 2015, 11:13 AM
Ceiliam, You can check out COC quilts in Groups. Some of us make blocks, tops and/or quilts that Blondie finishes. Forum members can request one sent to a family member or friend that needs comfort or cheering up.

RockinLou
April 22nd, 2015, 11:42 AM
Look... Leek and potatoe soup sounds delicious!! There have been lots of interesting envelop nets in my classroom this week... Though frankly, I'm not going to bore you all with the details.

I'm pretty much ready for summer, I'm debating giving up on Russian lessons for my daughter and I and just winding down the school year with fewer responsibilities on our plates. My husband is finally wrapping up a MAJOR project that has been a time-suck since January. I'd like to think of something special to do with him to celebrate... But I'm struggling because im so hyper focused on saving every penny for the summer.

I have some patterns sorted and ready for sewing some clothing over the upcoming holiday weekends (lots of days off here in early May) but I have three quilt blocks to work on first. I think I'll put down this blasted iPad before I go blind and go do something productive before bedtime....

auntiemern
April 22nd, 2015, 01:42 PM
COC is a Circle of Comfort quilt. Blondie has been making them for years, and there is a group of us here that make them as well. They are quilts that go to people that are having a hard time in their life. It could be from health issues, death of a loved one, or someone that just needs a quilty hug.

Blondie, that little guy is so blessed to have you in his life. God's plans sometimes befuddle us, but He always knows what the end game is to his plans. A happy distraction in the form of a baby is always a good thing. You two will be best buddies before you know what hit you.

I took the 26 pillowcases to the surgery department at CGCH, since Gabe had his follow up. He is doing splendid. Back to school today, except for PE. I have 3 memory quilts I need to get started on. I guess I will pull the shirts they gave me, and see what my tired brain can come up with. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.