PDA

View Full Version : Funny Night Owls

kimsophia
April 22nd, 2015, 02:03 AM
Good late evening or early morning to all! @,@ I hope you are doing well!

I was browsing patterns on Craftsy and I saw two funny and very cute owl quilt tops. Then I looked on Google Images and there were way more. Since I can't import images here, I invite you to go take a look! :)

So how's it going with yoooooou?

stationarymom
April 22nd, 2015, 02:08 AM
Good morning I am well here ,it's much drier in my tree tonight last night we got almost 3" of rain. I hope all is well there.I was just searching for a recipe for supper for tonight.

pcbatiks
April 22nd, 2015, 02:11 AM
Hi Kim and other night owls. It was a gorgeous day here........sunny and cool and breezy. I worked on my zombie quilt blocks and believe it or not.......actually got some house work done! :D Also sat outside and ate lunch and read.........I'm reading All The Light That You Cannot See. It's been good so far.

Wondering if Cathy....toggpine..........has a new baby goat yet.

Guess I'm off to bed........I'm a tired little owl! Hootie hooooooooooooo...............

bubba
April 22nd, 2015, 02:14 AM
We have been at our lake place since last Friday and just got home this afternoon. Yoda has been sleeping since we got home....guess the nice weather wore him out! He loves it up there! Next time, I think I'll take him out in my rowboat and see how that goes. I'm guessing one of us ends up in the drink!

On Sunday, we were standing out on the deck at the lodge and there was a man just off shore in a paddle boat. There was a springer spaniel, that turned out to be his, that hopped in the water and was swimming towards him when all of a sudden, the dog started to drown. The owner quickly took his cell phone out of his pocket and jumped in....ski coat, boots, everything. Gave the dog a couple of pushes to get it to shore and saved it's life. Was pretty amazing. I think the water was just too cold, even though there were several people swimming it! I don't step foot in it till about August!

Going to be an early night for me....all that fresh air is good for the soul and I'm pooped too!

toggpine
April 22nd, 2015, 02:53 AM
Pam, it was a long night and a bad morning.
Dizzy finally kidded just after 5 this morning. It took Eric, Dizzy, & I pushing and pulling to get that kid born. He was too big and took too long to arrive. Honestly, I have never seen a kid that big. He was the same size as the two week old kid the next pen over. We are guessing he was pushing 15#. Dizzy is holding her own tonight. She managed to get up on the milk stand for tonight's milking. She's having some stability issues wither rear end, but that is not unexpected.

I'm going to bed. I was going to try to watch the weather, but I can find out what I need to know tomorrow.

Have fun in the tree! C

rebeccas-sewing
April 22nd, 2015, 04:17 AM
I'm not really a night owl. However, I must say that I usually wake up mid-way during the night, go to the bathroom and then back to sleep. I just started taking my medicine (includes hormones) at night and for the past three nights I've slept through until daylight. I have no idea if it's just a coincidence, but I'm going to keep it up and see if I continue to sleep this well. Just thought I'd share what's going on with me. I would imagine many of us are taking HRT and since sleep deprivation is a problem in menopause maybe there's something to this. I guess I'm wondering if the hormones are most effective during the first twelve hours after taking them.

MayinJerset
April 22nd, 2015, 07:42 AM
Skipped my tree last night, did a fly by after my middle of the night potty stop and no one was around so it was back to bed for me. Read for a bit and then fell sound asleep until after 6am.

Cathy you, your DH and poor Dizzy had a bad time getting her kid born but glad to hear everything came out OK.

kimsophia
April 22nd, 2015, 02:50 PM
Yes, that poor mama lamb! I've had stability issues with my rear end too, so I have lots of sympathy for her! ;-)