PDA

View Full Version : Shopping advice

Papa
April 21st, 2015, 05:46 PM
Never go to the grocery store wearing a shirt that is the same color as those worn by the store staff. Three people asked for guidance in finding a product and one senior citizen is probably still mad at me because of the lack of sweet potatoes.

Amy R
April 21st, 2015, 06:28 PM
lol. if it was Joann's I'd be fine!
We go to a few different grocery stores same chain so it gets confusing. Good advice!

Hulamoon
April 21st, 2015, 06:39 PM
That's funny. :icon_happy: Well that wouldn't happen here because everyone wears aloha shirts and I don't wear them anymore.

Iris Girl
April 21st, 2015, 06:45 PM
LOL so many of my customers recognize me from work no matter what store I am in or what I wear they ask questions about where stuff is in my store even when we are in another store...Do I look like I want to talk work when I am out doing my personal shopping?

K. McEuen
April 21st, 2015, 06:54 PM
I learned never to wear a red shirt to Target a long time ago.

Vonnie
April 21st, 2015, 06:56 PM
LOL - when I was in the Navy and wore my Dress uniform, I would sometimes be mistaken for a police woman. And one time an airline stewardess!

buckeyequilter
April 21st, 2015, 07:21 PM
Maybe that's why people feel the need to shop in their pajamas......maybe that's what I'll start doing. I might even take it one step further and put my hair up in curlers.

"GO ME!!!"

Iris Girl
April 21st, 2015, 07:30 PM
Maybe that's why people feel the need to shop in their pajamas......maybe that's what I'll start doing. I might even take it one step further and put my hair up in curlers.

"GO ME!!!"

LOL Shirley! You can't imagine how many people come in our store in pajama pants and slippers... ewwwww. Not sure what is worse pajama pants and slippers or sweat pants. Neither are fit for public on male or female in my opinion.

K. McEuen
April 21st, 2015, 07:48 PM
My slippers almost look like my shoes (and have hard soles), so it's hard to tell. I have run to the corner store for milk or bread in my slippers. What gets me are the fuzzy or bunny slippers (that usually look like they've never been washed) that people wear to do major shopping.

DramaMama
April 22nd, 2015, 01:51 AM
[QUOTE=Papa;722735 and one senior citizen is probably still mad at me because of the lack of sweet potatoes.[/QUOTE]

LOL ...

Check this out from one of my favorite Improv groups:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgUIbPfhSuo

bubba
April 22nd, 2015, 01:56 AM
I used to have a shirt from San Francisco Police Department and I wore it to SeaTac airport to p/u MM one night. I could not convince a man that I was not a police officer, no matter what I said! Never wore that to the airport again!

rebeccas-sewing
April 22nd, 2015, 04:28 AM
Hahahaha! I'll need to remember this little piece of advice. Hahaha