PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Morning Howdies

Blondie
April 21st, 2015, 07:01 AM

Happy Tuesday Folksies!

Thanking everyone first off for all your positive prayers, thoughts, vibes yesterday. Court experience was very enlightening. Sarah and Steve have a 90 day custody of Tyler, with a review on August 31. The Mom and Dad were there. I was concerned how the baby would react seeing his mom, but, although he looked a wee bit confused, he did well - no fussing, just happy in his Poppa's arms. The Mom has a court date of May 21 and today her counsel will make an appearance. If she has the same judge as yesterday I believe this girl will go down big time. The Dad is not in the home, had no involvement with the abuse but he does have other issues. I will be going over to their house this morning for a few hours until Sarah gets home. There are really no winners here. Very bittersweet for my dear girl who has been trying for years without success to have a baby. Now an instant family. I slept a few hours last night, still struggling with that and a knot in my tummy that just hasn't left me yet. For those here that have gone through this you know the roller coaster. The only good thing is that Ty is such a little one. The only bad thing is that Ty is such a little one. He is a happy and beautiful baby. Here is the most recent pic of Ty with Sarah.

Now, everyone on the East Coast! Yikes! Talk about a roller coaster . . . about 4 pm the wind really picked up, sky to the southeast of us was eerie and then the tornado siren went off. I tried to call Mom and no answer. I ran down The Hill so we could both get in the basement - she was outside pulling wild onions! Good grief. She thought that the siren was a fire engine. Hubs was caught up in it, rain, wind, hail and all. Scarey but all is well this morning. I just heard that our forum friends Down Under have been experiencing a horrible bout as well. I suppose everyone in the world is on alert with spring weather. My Granny always called this the breaking of seasons and that each month borrows from the other. April has a bit of March and then May will have a bit of April. We sure have had the March winds this month.

To each here, be safe; Liz, hope that your damage was minimal. To those heading to Paducah - YAYS. I am giddy for you. The rest of us will enjoy the stories, pics of stash and keep our drool rags handy.

I am off to look for the silver lining because you know I will find it. Prayers, hugs, blessings and lots of smiles to go around.

Bubby
April 21st, 2015, 07:33 AM
Morning Everyone,

I've been up a couple hours already. I should have checked in with the Night Owls but decided I needed some quiet time.

I'm praying for everyone with needs...it seems so many of us are walking through some extremely difficult times. Hugs, Barb

Carol336
April 21st, 2015, 07:34 AM
Good Morning. Been up since 3:30 so it really seems like about noon to me...gonna be a long day.

Blondie - prayers continue for little Ty, DD and family.....what a great grammy he'll be getting if everything swings in your direction.

Stormy here during the night, but all is calm now....hoping for a sunny day.

I picked LuLu up yesterday, she's all cleaned, oiled and tuned up and looking pretty good after her "spa" visit. Now I'm itching to start sewing.....I'm just going to set her up in the garage and to heck with any house seekers who don't realize that a car really goes in there....a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!!!!

Have a great day everyone

MayinJerset
April 21st, 2015, 08:06 AM
Morning all, Glad the storm has gone and the sun is beginning to peek through the clouds. Was kind of noisy during the night with the loud thunder and heavy rain falling during the night but all is quiet now. Hope everyone has weather the storm without much damage.

Happy to hear that Blondie's DD and DH have custody of his DGS for awhile, he's in the bestest place he could be. Hmmm, if Stevie is Tyler's grandfather does that make Blondie his great grandma? Wouldn't that we something?

Today's plan is to combine sewing in-between laundry and house work and you all know the part I'll enjoy most.

shermur
April 21st, 2015, 08:34 AM
Morning....

Glad to hear all of the good news! Today will be a challenge; I caught Hal's bad cold.....massive bed time for me today and hopes to get better soon! My head feels like to weighs 100 pounds, my throat is sore and scratchy. My sinuses are full! UGH!

Simply Quilting
April 21st, 2015, 08:39 AM
Good Morning! The birds are chirping happily this morning. We are headed to the park later to have a play date with friends - what the Mom doesn't know is we are doing a surprise birthday party for her.

Blondie, I'm glad to hear that the little one will be in great hands. He looks so sweet.

For those headed to Paducah, have an awesome time!!!!

Hugs and Prayers for those who need them.

Have a great day everyone :)

Sandy Navas
April 21st, 2015, 08:40 AM
Just checking in to see that everyone is safe. Off for my road trip in just a few.

You'all hold the fort down for me, okay. I'll keep the prayers and good wishes going for everyone. Not sure I'll be able to check back in on the road or not. I'll have my Nexus but it does be slow and everyone knows how impatient I can be.

MRoy
April 21st, 2015, 08:46 AM
Good morning! I hope everyone in the line of storms is safe today. I get to go to Walmart today to pick up a trolling motor that DH ordered. He's updating his fishing boat after several years of non-use. He's a workaholic and I'm skeptical as to how much he'll use it when the grandkids aren't visiting....I guess we'll see. I think a side trip to the fabric store will be on the agenda too.

Ginny B
April 21st, 2015, 09:13 AM
Good morning. Nice and sunny here today . yesterdays weather was challenging. Heavy rain at times and wind gusts that at one point took the smaller of dh's two bbq's and knocked it over then later in the day a really large gust blew our shed over. That was fun. During the night there were t-storms. But all is quiet now and all in all, compared to tornados that Liz and others are experiencing, we fared well.

We had a busy day yesterday with weather cleanup, shopping for a new booster seat for dgs#1 (he is turning 5 on Thursday!) and finishing up the packing for our trip to CT. It's not Paducah but I am hoping to get to a fabric store in Colchester. We will be getting on the road in a couple hours so I guess I should get myself moving along.

Blondie, so glad to hear that Tyler is going to be in a safe place.

I will have my tablet with me so while we are back at the Inn, I will be able to check in and see how everyone is doing and read all about the Paducah adventures.

Have a good day all. Stay safe

Plentziana
April 21st, 2015, 09:18 AM
Blondie, last night saw their line and had no time to send my support to your problem, but I had you in my players and I hope everything goes well, you are a very positive person and get things going well.As to the storm that are suffering hopefully everyone is safe and that happens soon, in my country we have no such problem with winds hurricane, but we have sea and sometimes gets very angry and with the rains that usually have very strong floods in the river banks although that does not happen every two or three years. Wishing everyone a good day shipping hugs and prayers to all who need it

Monique
April 21st, 2015, 09:22 AM
Good morning friends. A busy day here yesterday.

I did manage to get the little dresses quilt top done. It really turned out quite nice. Not sure who it would be for but I will put it into the fair later this year. I did get to put some air into my water pump as it was water logged. I have no idea how this happens but it does. I also got to spread some clover in the back yard. Apparently it is supposed to repel grubs. We shall see.

So for today, Les has his BIG appointment with the neurologist. Please friends, pray that they can help him one way or another.

It is another rainy day here today so a good day to travel to the city.

Have a wonderful day.

Grandma Nan
April 21st, 2015, 09:24 AM
Good morning everyone- I am so happy that everyone is ok from those powerful storms. We had a sudden thunderstorm here last night in the early evening too and it really poured rain and some wind but not tornado strength. Blondie, what a sweet baby Tyler is. Little guys like that adapt to their environments very easily and as long as they are being loved, fed, and kept safe he will thrive. He is lucky to have a gr grandma like you around to make sure everything is ok and to love him to bits.

Hope it is a safe journey for everyone visiting Paducah. What an adventure that will be. I was there last year just after quilt week and it was amazing how much merchandise was missing from the stores- like a storm of shopping quilters had taken over the little town. The museum is so worth the trip and I know there will be lots of interesting workshops. Have fun.

Well its Tuesday so it means my Heart Pillows day. I am also joining a new guild which is meeting tonight so a pretty busy day ahead. I think I should do some housework too as I really have been hold up in my sewing room hoping the cleaning fairies would drop by but they seem to be busy.

Have a safe and happy day folks and let's make a plan to meet here againg tomorrow with coffee in hand and tell our stories.

WendyI
April 21st, 2015, 09:39 AM
Morning all! Hoping everyone is safe with all the wild weather that's been going on! Blondie that wee babe is adorable! Wouldn't it be lovely if he could join your family forever? Such a sad situation tho. I'm sad for my niece and nephew this morning. Their father is a...well he's an ignoramus and an addict, albeit a functioning one for the most part, and just an uneducated, ignorant and utterly unreasonable person. He has been out west for years and decided to quite his job and move back home. He was there for two weeks, made my sisters life h*ll and then just up and left. While I'm happy for her, I'm heartbroken for the children as they love the idiot so are upset now. He needs to either stay away or man up! So frustrating!

Work is dull and frustrating...it always is right before I'm about to take a stretch of time off. I struggle to get through the days, especially now when there is so much I need to be doing at home. This weekend will be busy that's for sure. My anxiety is pretty strong and increasing as the move gets closer...but I'm hangin in there so far.

Sending love and hugs to all those in need!! xox

ravelim
April 21st, 2015, 10:03 AM
I just wanted to check in with a smile.you are such good friends it seems all I do is complain. I apologize. Sew..... I'm Smiling and expecting a great day!

Hugs and prayers to everyone.