PDA

View Full Version : This Night Owl is hearing Thunder....

MayinJerset
April 21st, 2015, 01:50 AM
and it's really loud and has me ready to fly the coop or in my case, my favorite tree hole. Not a big fan of thunder as it makes me jump and it's usually paired with rain so heavy that it knocks me over. Hope all my Night Owl pals are snug and safe in their trees.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 21st, 2015, 01:55 AM
Hope you are all OK!

stationarymom
April 21st, 2015, 02:00 AM
All safe and snug here,May make sure to hold on tight.
Where were all the night owls last night? When I was on not a single soul was here.

kimsophia
April 21st, 2015, 02:14 AM
Hootie doodle doo! @,@ How are things in your nest?

I don't know where those owls were but I found some on Craftsy. Then I did a search of Google Images and found a ton of owl quilts, some of which were very funny :)

I hope the thunder passes through quickly May. You can come stay in my nest because the storm left here a day ago.

Boy are my arms sore from gardening this weekend. :P

MayinJerset
April 21st, 2015, 02:30 AM
All quiet now so maybe the storm has passed. Even if it has passed I'm still going to stay snuggled in my warm and comfy quilt and try to sleep the rest of the night away. Stay safe everyone.

stationarymom
April 21st, 2015, 02:38 AM
Kim you should have a beautiful garden then.I don't have a single green thumb so no garden here.

toggpine
April 21st, 2015, 02:39 AM
Sorry to be late to the tree. I had my arm up a goat's south end.

One of my old ladies is having some trouble kidding. Her 'elderly' body isn't as limber as it used to be. Her tendons and other lady-bits are slow in loosening & dilating. I also suspect by looking at the size hooves hanging out, she has a single kid in there that is about the same size as the two week old buckling in the pen next door.
After a bit of internal massage, I've left her to relax a bit and let her body catch up hormonally. I'd rather not give her a big dose of drugs if I can avoid it.

Now I have the night's milk on the stove to pasteurize and I'll sit here and wait for a bit.

Not much in the sewing department lately. I am beginning the deep cleaning around here.
We want to have Mom's side of the family out to the farm for a family reunion on the 4th of July like we used to do when we were all younger. There are many projects on the TO DO list. I knocked one off. I took apart and washed the frosted cups on the dining room chandelier. They were GROSS! I don't think I have taken them apart and washed them since Eric put them up. They are no longer beige, but white!
I'll have some painting to do as well, but that will need to wait a bit. I must sort & purge a few spaces first. I'd rather not have to move a bunch of stuff to paint if I can just get it gone instead!

I certainly hope all of you on the eastern side of the states will be safe tonight! I heard on the national news that you can be expecting some nasty weather headed your way.

Hugs and prayers for a safe night for all!
Cathy

kimsophia
April 21st, 2015, 03:02 AM
Kim you should have a beautiful garden then.I don't have a single green thumb so no garden here.

This coral peony and purple-blue baptisia are pretty together.

Cathy F
April 21st, 2015, 05:07 AM
May, I hate thunderstorms and hide in the bathroom where there are no windows where I can see the lightning.
In 1988 our house was hit by lightning not once but twice within an hour. Yes, lightning does hit twice!

It blew out all our dishwasher, microwave, answering machine, garage door opener, and started a fire in our dining room wall. To top it off this was the day of my son's graduation with a big party planned. You should gave seen the house after the firemen left, they cut the dining room sheet rock and opened it up to make sure nothing was still smoldering in the wall.
Turns out the utility company had been working on the pole outside my house before the storm and neglected to put the ground back on the pole so when the lightning struck in came right in through the pole. The four neighbors on that pole were affected and had damage to their homes. The electric company made good and paid to have our things replaced.

Blondie
April 21st, 2015, 07:06 AM
Good grief, gals! These storms have been fierce, glad they are over and hope all got some rest.

Kimsophia, that peony is totally awesome. And yes, the basptista is the perfect pairing. Lovely.

kimsophia
April 21st, 2015, 05:26 PM
Blondie, if you like that, maybe you would like to go to my garden web site:
Garden - Kim's Garden (http://ed-vos.tripod.com/garden.html)