PDA

View Full Version : The Power Went Out

kimsophia
April 21st, 2015, 12:03 AM
We were watching TV and heard a BANG outside this afternoon and the power went out. We saw a truck from the electric company so we figured they were working with the construction crew building a block from us. I joked with my husband that we might have to eat our English muffins UNTOASTED (gasp) lol

But funnily, I suddenly got up and started doing things. I moved items back to where they are supposed to go, I finally got out an unread newspaper and looked at it--all things that I don't do when I am hypnotized by the glowing rectangles of my TV and computer. Tonight I deliberately turned off the TV and got the last two rows of my quilt done easily. It just isn't more important than TV, if I have the option, I guess, for me. I'm glad that I know how to get my quilt done now. :D

sewluvit
April 21st, 2015, 12:19 AM
I know what you mean lol. Suddenly we have to find something to do, or sit there in the quiet. If it's daylight I read a book but at night just may as well go to bed or go for a drive :(

kimsophia
April 21st, 2015, 12:44 AM
There may not even be anything good to watch, but then I just switch to video games...I can't get off of it!

MayinJerset
April 21st, 2015, 01:42 AM
I've heard it said that we gather around the light from our TV or Computer screens like the cavemen did around the fire in the center of their caves.

Hearing Loud thunder and hope we don't lose power.

rebeccas-sewing
April 21st, 2015, 04:26 AM
I know exactly what you mean. I spend way too much time on this laptop. Time I could be spending doing other things like reading a book. In fact, I just picked up my neglected Kindle and am beginning to read again. I do have to say that I learn a lot here and other places on the internet so it's not really time wasted. However, I keep telling myself I'm going to limit my morning time on here. So far I'm having no luck with my plan. hahaha

Iris Girl
April 21st, 2015, 05:26 AM
Not a TV watcher at all. I only really turn it on at bedtime because it makes me fall asleep. Hubby watches more then I do but still not very much. Computer that is another thing as if I am not here, surfing the net I play computer games.

kimsophia
April 21st, 2015, 02:38 PM
Not a TV watcher at all. I only really turn it on at bedtime because it makes me fall asleep. Hubby watches more then I do but still not very much. Computer that is another thing as if I am not here, surfing the net I play computer games.

I don't watch a lot of broadcast TV, unless it is basketball or EWTN, but we have Netflix and Amazon Prime so I wind up watching movies... :P