PDA

View Full Version : Rainy kind of Monday

Blondie
April 20th, 2015, 06:38 AM

Hello and Happy Monday Folksies

It was a dark and stormy night . . . . it is still a dark and stormy night - if you count 5:30 a.m. as night. Hubs just left for work and I am surprised we still have some internet connection. Dish satellite has been off and on all night because of the rain. Nothing new for all of you who experienced this weather before it arrived here in NC.

Y'all know that the devil doesn't play fair - he jumps up and down on you and throws dookey at you in bunches at one time. That is kind of how it's been 'round here lately. I will ask for special prayer for my DD. I believe you know her husband has two children by his first marriage - he married far too young (18) and has a 19 yr old who has fathered a child. Follow me? The baby boy is 10 months old, his name is Tyler and is now in emergency custody with my DD Sarah and her hubs Stevie. Social Services received a call about child abuse. This is a long and convoluted story so I won't go into it. Tyler was not abused. Another child in the home he resides in has been abused. Court this morning to see if the judge is going to continue the kin custody since no one else in the family can take him. I spent most of the weekend days with Sarah and Tyler, wanting him to get used to seeing me a lot - just in case. I may wind up caring for him while Sarah is in classes. I've done nothing but dream of babies. Off to get ready for the morning court appearance which is at 9:30. Prayers appreciated.

Enjoy each day as you never know when the rug will get wiggled around under your feet. That's when I learn a new dance!

dizzyLiz
April 20th, 2015, 07:05 AM
Oh Blondie,
Been there, done that. You know I raised 2 nephews and a niece....... I pray what is best for the children is done.

Been up since 5. I leave at 6:30 to meet with my trainer.....then work. Ya have to love Monday's in a pharmacy LOL; NOT

Have a good day all

Iris Girl
April 20th, 2015, 07:12 AM
Morning all. Seems we are always doing a two-step here for one reason or another. Just get used to it after awhile. Had to be up at 2am to get hubby off to work. He drives a big truck and has to go to Delaware for a load. Then back to bed for me and I have been up for a second time since 5am. Called hubby see how hes doing and he was in Scranton Pa by time I woke. Its rainy here and dark and chilly.
Gotta love Mondays anywhere...NOT
Retail Monday is all about returns for what they impulse bought on the weekend and now realize they don't need.
Retail rainy Monday means cranky AND returns.
Hope to get sons car back from garage today as it is the last day he requested off for No Car Syndrome.
Have a great day all. Hugs to all those in need.

ceiliam
April 20th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Morning all, Blondie thoughts and prayers are with you. Finally no more flu now my wonderful sister has it got backing done and ready to get to mom so her group can tie it for homeless shelter. Went thru my finished tops found 3 i did but for various. Reasons did not like so instead of having them stare at me and make me fill guilty so its win win . so my goal today is get the other 2 ready to go.. Wishing all a great productve monday . prayer and hugs to those who need them. Cecelia

CarolynK
April 20th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Good Morning all!

Oh Blondie, I am sending prayers for you today and hoping for the best for all. Will be thinking of you today.

Worked yesterday at the old job training so got nothing done at home be a couple loads of laundry. We got a bunch more rain yesterday so we're starting to fill up the creek and ponds around here. It's a blessing.

It's a busy week ahead so I must get moving. Sending you all prayers of comfort, smiles and hugs.

Carolyn

Monique
April 20th, 2015, 08:37 AM
Good morning friends. Not a very eventful weekend but I did manage to finish the main part of the little dresses quilt. Hubby has to work today so hopefully I can get some work done around here.

Blondie, prayers that it all goes well for everyone.

Have a great day friends.

Ginny B
April 20th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Good morning all. It's a rainy, windy Monday here but no work for me. :icon_happy: Vacation week! We will be leaving for CT tomorrow morning for the rest of the week. Pretty much packed already. I've got my hands sewing projects and knitting that I will be taking with me all set too. Just a few errands to do today and then I'm all set.

Blondie, so sorry to hear about the situation. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Time to catch up a bit on the forum with my cup of tea and then I'll get this day started.

Simply Quilting
April 20th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Good Morning! We had rain all weekend so the sun is peeking out here today. Interestingly, the spring seems to have moved at warp speed. Usually our trees stay in a little longer bloom but they have already put leaves on and lost most of their blooms.

I had a great time in Hamilton on Friday. It was great to meet a forum friend and visit with ones that I've meet before. On Saturday, dh competed in the Festivus on Saturday. Dh came in fourth in his division where he competed. What was neat to see was there were people in the 60-69 age division who were out performing the younger ones (20-29). A 60-69 year old male won second place in dh's division and a 50-59 year old lady won the finals in her division.

I did get to go pick up my Baby Lock Symphony from having her tune up. Not sure how much sewing time I will get in this week. I'm babysitting a couple days and I've got to get ready for a conference at the end of this week.

Blondie, prayers for everything going on. Cecelia, glad that you are feeling better.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone :)

Bubby
April 20th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Morning Everyone,

We're getting ready for Jeff's doctor appointment this morning. He will find out if he can go back to work. He thinks he's more than ready. We will see what the surgeon says.

We have an extremely serious issue with our nightmare tenant and I would appreciate prayer for this. I will be talking to our attorney when we get back from the doctor.

It's chilly this morning after a night of rain. Everything is greening up and allergies abound.

Blondie, I will pray for your Tyler situation.

Hugs for everyone....

Simply Quilting
April 20th, 2015, 09:22 AM
We're getting ready for Jeff's doctor appointment this morning. He will find out if he can go back to work. He thinks he's more than ready. We will see what the surgeon says.

We have an extremely serious issue with our nightmare tenant and I would appreciate prayer for this. I will be talking to our attorney when we get back from the doctor.

Barb, lifting you up and prayer for these issues. Be safe.

dwil23
April 20th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Good Morning, all!

It never ceases to amaze me how many children are caught in such terrible circumstances. Blondie, little Tyler is so fortunate to have you and Sarah in his life. I pray that his best interests, and those of the abused child, will be served in court today. Bubby, hoping Jeff gets a good report from the surgeon, but that he doesn't let him go back to work unless he is ready.

I added a prayer request to the prayer warrior group yesterday. A very dear friend sent a message to a group of her praying friends asking prayer for her son Jason. He is 33 with a wife, and two daughters 4 and 7. He has been in the hospital for over a week in severe pain. The diagnosis is back and he has stomach cancer. They have no details, and he will be undergoing many more tests before a course of action is determined. Please, if you will, pray for all involved.

My happy news of the morning is that DD and my sister flew to NY on Sat and returned yesterday with her new puppy - such a cutie!!! I will try to tie other DD down later and get her to post a pic - I still haven't figured out how to do that.

Mary, so jealous of your trip yesterday - I will get to do that - someday!

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day - prayers for all the many needs, both spoken and unspoken. Stay Dry and safe today.....

MayinJerset
April 20th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Sending a prayer to Blondie, her DD and Tyler that all goes well in court today. Also that all goes well with Jeff's appointment.

Raining and gloomy this morning and Dr. appointment this morning doesn't lift the gloom. No big problem but just hate Dr. appointments especially first thing gloomy Monday mornings.

Was a lovely day yesterday for DGD's RN Pinning, her college campus is beautiful. She will graduate next month with a BSRN. While there DH and I got to spend some time with 3 DGGS's ages 3, 2 and 3 weeks old and also their other GGMa Rose. We both were using walkers but thankful that we were able to see this DGD's special day especially since her Mom passed away a year and a half ago.

MRoy
April 20th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Good morning! Blondie, praying that all goes well for everyone today, especially the children.

Barb, praying that you can quickly resolve the issues with "the tenant from h*ll" . I hope Jeff gets the answer he wants from his doctor.

Will it rain here today? It looks like it might. I'm really, really tired of all this rain!

Sandy Navas
April 20th, 2015, 09:58 AM
I woke to a gorgeous day - a wee bit on the chilly side and breezy - but I can see BLUE sky. What an improvement.

Sending lots and lots of prayers all around. Even to those with needs that aren't announced. Definite prayers for the very young, those with serious diagnoses, those who need special care, those who are facing such difficult times - helthwise, financially, and emotionally. And special prayers to get rid of the evil tenant with no problems. Whew!

Packing today - I'll be on the road soon. Hoping for a wonderful time in the Quilter's Haven of Paducah. Hoping to meet up with a few forum friends while there - logistics may prove difficult though.

I started working on a D9P for a friend yesterday. It is from a Windham Fabrics FQ bundle that I got on Black Friday from M*. All brights - the quilt will definitely be a scrappy look. Put it aside after getting my rows for the 9 patches all stitched together - 18" finished blocks. While I was cutting and stitching Al made a JRR top for one of his aunts. He used a Hoffman Bali Pop in Cappuccino. I am sure he's going to have it quilted and bound by the time I return home next weekend. I just can't keep that guy in line!!

ravelim
April 20th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Blondie, prayers for you and yours. We raised our DGD for 3 years while her mama had to work. Then she was ripped away from us when mama married and we hardly saw her although they lived in our town. And she hired a new babysitter when she went anywhere, not taking baby but spending extra money.
Ok enough. My point really was, we are in the best of talking and being with them now tho. Hang in there. Things work out with time.

Was able to get a quite a lot done with my Hunter Star yesterday. Want to make a pouch of some kind for my new phone. I'm too "hippy" to wear a regular phone holder at the hip.
Have a great day everyone. Prayers and hugs for all.

Shirley
April 20th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Blondie, thinking and praying of you and your family. You are so right about not knowing what each day or week will bring. Hang in there my friend and please keep us posted. Much love!

WendyI
April 20th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Morning all. Blondie...so sad to hear about the abuse situation...but so nice to have a little one in your life. Hopefully it's not a long ongoing painful situation and gets resolved soon. Thinking of you all and sending lots of love your way! Barb hope all goes well with Jeff today. What's up with these tenants? Why so serious? Curious now! But I'm always curious about these things. Nothing worse than a bad tenant!

It's raining here today and supposed to rain all week. I like it because it cleans everything up but it's so dreary. As long as it's not raining for my move I'm good! 7.5 days until I'm off! I have two and a half days to pack up the remainder of my house and a friend is going to come help so I think all will be good. Trying to get my internet set up today....that's the last thing I have to take care of for the move. I will be glad when that's done as it's been weighing on my mind.

Thinking of all who are in need of love and support and sending it your way!! ((((HUGS)))) xox

LRM
April 20th, 2015, 10:54 AM
It is a warm and sunny morning here. Should be beautiful for a few days, then rain. We desperately need it.

Blondie, my heart is sending you love and support. I have a dear friend who is caring for a baby while his mother is in prison. The mother is former employee of my friend and the baby is in great care (I have no idea what the offense was that sent mom there, probably drugs). The baby has been a blessing to my friend and her family. Love is what every child needs, no matter who it comes from. I wish you, your daughter, and most of all the baby the very best. It is heartbreaking to know what some children endure.

I worked all weekend -- not on quilts, but my real work. It is the time of the semester when I work day and night so that students get all the feedback and support they need and I get grades in on time. I love my job, but reading all weekend when the weather was so glorious was a bit difficult. I did manage to get windows washed after last week's storm that included dust storm followed by rain, then snow. It really did rain mud and with the wind, every window and door of my house was almost opaque with dirt. At least I can see out now. I'm hoping to get a the back on my Daisy Dashes and start a new quilt this week.

Warm wishes to you all.

shermur
April 20th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Hey, Blondie...prayers coming your way, sweetie!

I can empathize the turmoil regarding grandbabies. Navy DD is still trying top get her soon-to-be ex served so she can receive some king of support.

We had rain most of the weekend; last night, a double rainbow appeared, I hope that means some kind of good luck. And I pieced together a wall hanging for my MIL (lives in Maryland) for Mother's Day. I hope to get it sandwiched and the hand quilting started. I still have to decide what design to choose.....

Oh, and how about the Royals Baseball team...what a three game series against the A's. I haven't seen baseball games like that in a long time!

Grandma Nan
April 20th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Blondie I believe you are an angel sent from heaven to live among us. I will be remembering you, Sarah and Tyler in my prayers. It is always so troubling to me to think of little ones being abused but I know you will get it sorted out and we can only hope the judge is guided by wisdom. Also thinking of others going through difficult times, whatever they might be.

I had a wonderful retreat weekend all by myself. Recharged and ready to go. I have a quilting class this afternoon. My evil little plot has worked Ha Ha. I told my sister I would take the beginner class with her so she didn't have to go alone. My sister is now hooked on quilting so I will have someone handy to quilt with and collect a stash with. We went to a local quilt show this weekend and she is well on her way and does not even suspect a thing.

auntiemern
April 20th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Oh my dear, sweet, Blondie. How well I know where your head is. As much as the devil tries to stop us in our track, our awesome God makes sure we get through the struggles. Just hearing that a child has been abused makes my blood boil. Sending many prayers, for all involved, but most specially for those kids.
As I posted last night, I had Rhonda bring all of my material up here to me, so I could actually try to do something with it. I plan on leaving the FB store open since now I have my fabric and can work on selling it. I am also going to be selling on some FB sell groups. We will see how it goes. Funny thing is...we have sold NOTHING in the store for months...but I actually got an order last night right before I went to bed. I really want to increase the inventory in the store, but can't do that until I start selling. I can't just keep putting $ in to it if it isn't selling. I have to make money to buy more. You can ck out how much I have in my show and tell post.
I don't even know where I am gonna store it for right now. I guess I need to clean up, and clean out my stash room. Blessings for all. Prayers for those in need.