PDA

View Full Version : Sunday, a day of rest

Monique
April 19th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Good Sunday morning.

Not much going on around here. I did get into my sewing room late yesterday and started those little dress blocks. They are really cute. Will post pictures. I woke up this morning and the brain was already working. I had to go looking for the name of the quilt, but it is The Attic Window quilt. I have ideas in my brain (I should write these down). BUT I had better finish up what I have, RIGHT????? Someone back me up please?

The sun is shining, not overly warm but the sun is shining.

Have a wonderful blessed day and smile today even if it is for no reason.

irishrn
April 19th, 2015, 08:37 AM
Morning Monique and all yet to come! We're in for another rainy day with possible TS later on. We probably won't see sun till Tuesday. It's been a dreary week. Coming to the end of my painting run. Just touch ups today and then heavy cleaning. But all is painted in kitchen, dining room and downstairs bathroom trim. I need to do the bathroom walls but that will have to wait!
Doing some cleaning out of cabinets too. Making a lot of trash needing to get to the landfill. Oh the joy!!since DH has let his license lapse I guess I'll be getting that done too. Have no idea why he won't go get his license revewed but I took away the keys to his car while he's making up his mind! He would drive without a license in a heart beat!
So off to get started. I need this project to end!!!
Hope everyone has a beautiful Sunday!

Ginny B
April 19th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Good morning everyone. Sunny again today but I don't think it's going to be as warm as yesterday but I'll take it.
Today is laundry day and hopefully some packing too. I want to get another hand sewing project ready to take with me.
I think it will be hexies for a tablerunner for my dining room.

Have a beautiful day everyone

Iris Girl
April 19th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Morning all! Monique as long as you write your ideas down go on to the next idea. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. My brian works much faster then the hands and the time available.
Beautiful sunny day here also , laundry on the line, dinner planned working on the quatrefoil quilt. It is such an easy and fun pattern.
Hubby did a break job on the car and fixed the sunken lock syndrome it had.
Hope everyone enjoys the day. Hugs all around and extra for those in need.

toggpine
April 19th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Good morning!

I'm in here a lot earlier than normal! The livestock dogs were going nuts at about 4:30 so I went to see what was going on. My spotlight didn't reveal anything sinister lurking along the fence lines. Apparently it did the trick of backing up the dogs well enough to scare whatever had been out there.

I checked in on the sick kiddo. She needed a drink of water and some more Tylenol for her fever. The bedclothes are all untangled and she's tucked back in for a few more hours of sleep. Poor thing.

Now I'm awake at 5 AM. I thought I'd drop in and see what's going on here and get an early start on pasteurizing a batch of milk. I'll also make a package of Jello. That was something Mom always made when I was sick. It would slide down easily and cool a sore throat.
Perhaps after that's done and poking about on the computer a bit, I'll be ready to head back to bed for a few more Zzz's

Happy day to all of you! Find a reason to smile, even if it's only at a bowl of wiggley, jigglely Jello.
Hugs (liberally sprayed with Lysol), Cathy

Sandy Navas
April 19th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Good Sunday morning.

Not much going on around here. I did get into my sewing room late yesterday and started those little dress blocks. They are really cute. Will post pictures. I woke up this morning and the brain was already working. I had to go looking for the name of the quilt, but it is The Attic Window quilt. I have ideas in my brain (I should write these down). BUT I had better finish up what I have, RIGHT????? Someone back me up please?

The sun is shining, not overly warm but the sun is shining.

Have a wonderful blessed day and smile today even if it is for no reason.

Backing you up! DO NOT start another quilt until you have ALL your UFOs caught up!!

(said someone who can't follow those instructions)

Sandy Navas
April 19th, 2015, 09:43 AM
A day at Hamilton was . . . wonderful. Nuff said.

Laundry today as I sort out what I'll take to Paducah.

It rained most of the night but looks as if it is clearing to the west - predicted storms tonight though. We definitely need the rain.

KPH
April 19th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Monique, I have two boards in my sewing room... one- is dry erase, important phone numbers up high where they can be seen, but not accidentally erased and the other is a black chalk board that's under the dry erase.

The dry erase is my list board. When ideas hit, I write them down there. The chalk board is for what I'm working on now. That may not make much sense, but here are pictures of my big board.

ravelim
April 19th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Monique...focus.lol. you know I am guilty because I have a place for my UFOs that hide them sufficiently that I don't notice them. Hehe. We always tell our DGD to focus. She kind of goes into her own world. Maybe that's all that happen to you.

Bubby
April 19th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Morning Everyone,

It's raining this morning...good for sleeping in.

Tomorrow is Jeff's doctor appointment to see if he is doing well enough to go back to work.

I am going to try to get some sewing done today. I plan to make spaghetti for dinner today so not too much kitchen time on my agenda today.

Wishing everyone a beautiful Sunday.

CarolynK
April 19th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Good Morning all!

I've been so busy lately working two jobs and working today for four hours so not much sewing on my horizon.

We've gotten some much needed rain and some more on the way later today. I made a trip to Wichita yesterday for hair appt, errands and a bit of shopping. It was a pretty productive day.

I would back you up, Monique....but I have more UFO's than I care to admit. I always love starting a new project.

Have a great day and sending hugs, smiles and prayers for all.

Carolyn

Grandma Nan
April 19th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Hi there my morning buddies

Beauty day here but a bit cool-I hear it is supposed to rain for the next 7 days so I better enjoy today. I spent a great day organizing my sewing room and sewing. I am a very happy camper. It is so nice to have a place to go and relax and all my "stuff" is where I can find it and not stuffed in bags somewhere. Hope to get more time there today but my sister and I are going to a quilt show today (a small local one) so that will take some time. DH will be home around dinner time today.

Nothing too exciting happening here but I am having a wonderful "by myself" weekend and really enjoying it. Every once in a while I need some solitary time to get myself back on track. This has been very therapeutic time for me. I finished off a charity quilt (that has been a monkey on my back) yesterday. I am ready to now go back and work on putting together my Jacob's Ladder.

Oh so last night I put a quilt together to hand quilt. Went to get my frame and couldn't find it. It is one of the ones from Joann- the Dritz PVC floor model. I cannot find it anywhere. I am hoping when hubby gets home he knows where it is. I have looked all over. It is not that small that you can loose it in a drawer or anything.

Well have a great day. I'm going to have my shower and then head out to pick up my sister. I expect I will have lots of smiles today and hope you do too.

RockinLou
April 19th, 2015, 02:29 PM
We had a lovely spring day visiting and chatting with friends. I sewed a block today and I am going to bed with a sore throat, hoping it doesn't turn into trouble.

The kids started playing 'airplane' today and informed us that they are ready to 'watch tv on the airplane and go to McDonalds in Germany.' ... And I couldn't agree more!! 9 more weeks to go. I have three quilt blocks left to sew, some teacher gifts to make (I'm thinking of bookmarks or scented sachets if I can find potpourri... Or I have a cute idea about a small wall hanging with, but haven't decided yet if I'll have time for that.

I'm anticipating a package from my mom with fabric in it for a summer outfit for my daughter, I have a major itch to sew clothing now that it's clear that my daughter has outgrown 90percent of her shorts and no longer has a pair of jeans.... So I'm addicted to shopping for PDF patterns. I hope the package from Mom comes this week because the fabric in there is top priority, as my nieces have the same fabric on order and we are meant to have all the girls dressed in the same outfit for some photos this summer. I'm more excited about the super hero fabric coming for my son though, I'm anxious to make him some shorts and a matching shirt for his birthday. I can't believe my son is turning 4 in June! 4!

MayinJerset
April 19th, 2015, 04:36 PM
We didn't rest much when today began as DS#1 picked us up at 7am and we headed to his youngest DD's RN Pinning at her college in PA. Lovely ceremony and she was pinned by her sister L, also a RN. That makes 3 RNs in the family as one of DS#2's DDs is also a nurse. We also got our first look at GGS#4 who was born 3 weeks ago, what a big boy he is and cute as can be too. I hope DGD sends me a copy of the photo she took of me, the new baby and his other great grandmother.

Today I did a lot more walking than usual so this afternoon I'll be talking my Day of Rest. Why is it that whenever I need to use a restroom it is always on the furthest part of the building?

Sandy Navas
April 19th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Today I did a lot more walking than usual so this afternoon I'll be talking my Day of Rest. Why is it that whenever I need to use a restroom it is always on the furthest part of the building?'

The same reason as why, when I have to really go, Al decides he has to tell me a very long story . . .

Hope to see pictures of that DGGS soon!!

MayinJerset
April 19th, 2015, 07:26 PM
Sandy, Wish I could show you some pictures of new DGGS and his 2 brothers but my DGD does not want me to share photos of her children with my online friends. Was always open about my sharing them here and on my limited access Face Book page since first DGGS was born 3 years ago, always told her about all the good wishes and blessings forum members sent. Was kind of taken back by her curt email last year asking me not to share them. Told her she should have told me 3 years ago as she should have known I would have no problem following her wishes. Whatever...