PDA

View Full Version : Good Saturday morning

Monique
April 18th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Good morning friends.

It is a cold, half sunny/cloudy start to the day. We might get showers today.

I have to work this morning until noon. This really cuts into my sewing time but adds to the buying time. :lol:

Work was really a waste of my day yesterday. It was not busy which they told me was unusual for a Friday. The only good thing was, it was an 8 hour days pay.

There is a stag tonight that we really should show up at, so I am hoping hubby doesn't want to stay all night or I may just leave him there and come home. :D

Have a great day friends, whatever you do.

Bubby
April 18th, 2015, 07:51 AM
Morning Monique and Everyone,

I'm up too early for Saturday, but it gives me a little bonus time to sew. The scottie dog blocks are coming along.

Jeff wants to cook breakfast this morning, at least he did last night before he went to bed. He may decide on cereal instead.

Wishing everyone a great start to the weekend.

buckeyequilter
April 18th, 2015, 08:33 AM

Good morning.....

It's going to be a beautiful day here. I will open the windows, a little later, to let some fresh air circulate throughout the house. I am doing some spring cleaning this week-end, time to get winter's dirt and grime out of here. Don't know how much quilting I will get done this week-end (if any). I don't know how 3 adults can collect so much junk - actually didn't know my house was big enough to hold that much junk.

Well need to get busy....have a great day!! Prayers and hugs

Grandma Nan
April 18th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Good morning to all my Forum friends

I'm having a mini retreat with myself this weekend. DH had to go to help his father move apartments. He left yesterday and I hit the sewing room and he will return tomorrow so it is just like having a retreat without the fun.
I will take a break for a couple of hours to go to a local quilt show with my sister but it is glorious to get a break from real meals.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Nan

Ginny B
April 18th, 2015, 09:06 AM
Good morning everyone. Is a beautiful, sunny day here. However, we will not be outside much today. We have a 1st birthday party for dh's great-niece this afternoon and then we head home and will have some people over for dinner. A good friend of one of my sons is visiting from Oregon and her mom is with her this time. We have never met her in person and are looking forward to it. My sister will do the cooking since I won't be home and then she will bring everything here and we will leave the party, pick our guests up at the train and head home for a fun evening. Considering that we didn't find out this was happening until 5:30 last night, I think sis and I did pretty good job getting it all together. I've got the table all set, some brownies baked, dh got the wine last night so that's chilling and this morning he will head to the bakery and pick up some Italian bread to go with the baked ziti sis is making and also some Italian pastries.

Tomorrow I will be doing laundry and hopefully get some outside time and sewing time. We are on vacation next week Woohoo! :icon_woohoo:

Enjoy your Saturday all

Mpyles
April 18th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Sounds like everyone is off to a busy start! Have a great weekend!

Amy R
April 18th, 2015, 09:18 AM
MMM Ginny last minute feast sounds great!!
Shirley, we need to enjoy today as much as possible if the rain does come sunday and monday. Booooo.

Not sure what we're doing today hubby has a mad desire to get a used riding lawn mower now so the message party starts on craigslist etc. I would like to go to a LQS who got some pretty pinks in this week, I think I still need about 7 or 8 for my weathervane quilt.
Other than that it's some sewing and playing video game with hubby later tonight.
Happy weekend!

Sandy Navas
April 18th, 2015, 09:41 AM
I get to meet Megan!!

ravelim
April 18th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Glad everyone is good. I got a touch of the flu yesterday. Man it knocked me out. Feeling much better today. Think I'll just watch Netflix today. Have a great day everyone.

MayinJerset
April 18th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Seems it's a nice sunny Saturday for most of us and a nice day to get some shopping or chores done or skip the Have To Do List and do something fun.

This morning I'll continue going through a cabinet in the garage that holds my craft and art supplies (Have To Do List item) but it is fun at times. We'll have the garage door up so we'll get to enjoy the nice day while working out there. I've come across sketches of paintings I've done over the years as well portfolio's from my years ago art classes. Most are destined for the trash but a few items I'll put aside for now. Craft, acrylic and oil paints are still useable, also found a half dozen sketch pads but haven't used any of these items in years so I'll pass down to grandkids. Wonder if any family members would be interested in the nudes I painted or my self portrait in the style of Milton Avery? Probably not but they are upstairs in a closet and I'm working in the garage so decision on them is on hold.

I second Amy's MMM over Ginny's dinner tonight - haven't made Baked Ziti in years. Might be a good choice for next Sunday when DS#2 will be over to do some garden chores for us. I told him to put in his order for lunch and I'm pretty sure he'll request his fave of sweet Italian sausage in tomato sauce. Sauce would also be for the baked ziti, add fresh baked Italian bread and a green salad and we'll have a feast for a late lunch/dinner.

Off to garage so I can get some necessary stuff done and we'll get out and about this afternoon.

Carrie J
April 18th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Happy weekend y'all! :D
Finishing up the housecleaning today, and sewing in between. Major storms again last night, the ground "slurps" here when you step on it! Should be wearing my flippers when I go out in the yard, LOL! Hope everyone has a great weekend, Hugs and Blessings to all, especially those that need them.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 18th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Good morning. I'm feeling very sad today, as one of our theatre group's staunchest supporter, officer and performer passed away a few hours ago early this morning. He had been quite ill for a number of weeks and just kept having relapses. Our group partied at their house for our yearly barbecues and he was a gracious and generous host. Their home was partially destroyed 2 years ago in a terrible wind storm, it got back to normal about a year later, with the theatre group pitching in to get them back in their home. Last year, the St. Louis Arts community honored he and his wife for so many years of service to our arts community. I am so glad they received this honor when they did! It will be a sad day at the theatre tonight, but it will be good to be together on this day!

I still have costumes to sew, need to get motivated to go to the " costume dungeon" as my daughter calls it. It seems like a dungeon when my heart isn't in it, and today, my heart isn't in it. I'll be glad later this week when it will be my quilting studio once again!

Have a good day, all!

toggpine
April 18th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Jean, sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. That is a tough one.

The whole house is sick now. I have made the decision that unless we need stitches, Urgent Care isn't a viable health care option.

The weather is glorious, so I'm hoping that we'll feel like at least getting outside and soaking up some rays. A mid-day nap also sounds like a good thing.

Maybe some sewing, but house keeping should probably come first. Probably.

quiltingtrish
April 18th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Jean, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I'm glad they were honored when they were too. He sounds like he was a wonderful man.

Such a glorious day today to spend some time outside, which I did, in-between cleaning out this and that closet/area. I am currently working in the basement - not really a huge area down there to go through stuff but enough that it needs done. Did find a dead mouse and he couldn't have been dead long cause he was all there. Ick. Where are those 3 darn cats when you need them? They are all upstairs here laying in the sun spots getting their start on their summer tan I suppose. Wish I had time to lay around like that. I do sit on my front porch though when I need a break and read through another chapter or two of whatever I am currently reading.

I am hitting the quilting room tonight. Looking for a pattern I think I have and need to decide on a backing for a baby girl jelly roll quilt. Don't think I will choose pink though cause she was just born on Easter and seems like they have enough pink for now.

Have a great day everyone ~

Sandy Navas
April 18th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Jean - sending special condolences to the whole theater group for such a loss - so sad!

Got to spend most of the day with BellasQuilts today. Met up briefly with bratbear and got to see the Doan bunch. BTW Ezra says he has no idea how to use thread. That, after his wonderful tutorial.

Al took pictures, so they will be forthcoming - when his feet get back on the ground.

Megan (aka BellasQuilts), Sandy (aka MOI), and Terri (aka bratbear).

quiltingtrish
April 18th, 2015, 09:22 PM
Great photo!! Wish I were there.