PDA

View Full Version : Friday hellos

Blondie
April 17th, 2015, 06:47 AM

Hello Folksies and Happy Friday

After a week that seemed forever long yet amazingly short at the same time, I am ready for the weekend. Yes, I do work tomorrow, but, not overly long. It's been a cool and rainy weather week, I've done little outside and even less inside. So much running around that at times, I would prefer to just sit in the corner and suck my thumb. I feel sometimes like a salmon that is swimming upstream! Struggling to get somewhere, flailing on the rocks and finding some deeper water to feel safe in.

Our yard is blooming away. Dogwoods, azaleas opening up, daylilies showing their green before the bloom.

107351 107352

Oops, well, Gracie wanted to say hello as well. She is my chubby chatty chi. She loves to talk more than me.

Last night I put the final stitch in the binding for my alternate son, Ricky. I think I will give it to him for Father's Day. I can hardly wait to see his face when he opens up the wrapping and sees it. I have been working on it all winter while he sat next to me each week watching The Walking Dead. He would touch it as I spread it over our laps and say, "Mom, one day I would like for you to make me a quilt." I would smile (I like to think a mysterious one) and say, "Sure thing". He then would say, I love this one. Another mysterious smile from me and then I would say, "This is just a bunch of leftover blocks and scraps, but you know me, waste not, want not" And from Ricky, "It looks like it is supposed to go together. It is so soft and warm." And so, in between COC's and other projects, I worked on it and while I don't consider it a beauty, it IS because it is made with lots of scraps, orphaned blocks & untold hours of prayer for my precious one. You may remember me sharing that his daughter, Alana wants to learn to sew. Long story there but we have only had a few little lessons. What a cutie pie and darling girl. I will try to remember to take a picture. But it is nothing like the beauties everyone displays here.

Okay, folksies. Time to get up and get myself going. Work will be a full day and that is a good thing. Big hugs, prayers and many blessings to each one here. Special prayers for our dear Granny Judy and family. Since the week end is here, an extra smile is on it's way as well.

Bubby
April 17th, 2015, 07:24 AM
Morning Blondie & Everyone,

We had a long day in Cuba yesterday. It was so good to get home and relax.

Jeff has PT this morning and that will be it until he sees the doctor Monday. It's possible that he could be released to go back to work. It's been 11 weeks since his surgery.

I hope to get a little sewing done today. The scottie dog quilt is calling my name. Someone asked me the other day if I had made a scottie quilt before. Yes, I've made several over the years ~~~ pieced, embroidered, paper pieced and appliqued. It's only right that I make one for a future great grand.

It feels cold in the house this morning but it's supposed to get in the high 70's today. Our dogwoods are starting to bloom. Next Monday is opening day of Spring Turkey season and they always say that when the dogwoods bloom it's time to hunt turkeys! In light of this, Mother Nature is right on schedule once again.

Wishing everyone a grand Friday.

MayinJerset
April 17th, 2015, 07:54 AM
I was up so long as an Night Owl that I ended up being an Early Bird with Blondie and bubby. Not too much planned for today but you never know what comes up to stir things up.

Some days I'm like Blondie and wish I could spend the day in a quiet corner and let the world go on by itself. Was easy to do during the long dark freezing Winter but now with warmer sunny days I can't find a corner dark enough to hide in. Probably feel better with more coffee and then I'll get some photos loaded onto the computer..

Monique
April 17th, 2015, 08:08 AM
Good morning dear friends. And that is what you all are. All those birthday wishes made me smile and appreciate the friendships I have made here. Thank you.

I had a wonderful birthday this year. Between all the posts here and on facebook, my day with Bonnie and all the phone calls, you all made me feel a little more special this year.

I really wanted today to be a sewing day BUT alas I was called to work and it is an all day kind of work. I could not pass it up and I also have to work tomorrow until noon. I sure can use the extra $$$$$.

Have a wonderful day friends. The sun is shining this morning and that makes me smile.

ceiliam
April 17th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Morning here from my little corner of desert. Have accomplished nothing this week had flu today is first day i feel human, my 34 lb boston thinks he is a lap dog and is in my lap now. Get a real kick out of animals most have such loving spirts . going to get house cleaned hopefully work on rail fence quilt. Wishing. You all a great happy day Cecelia

dwil23
April 17th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Good Morning all!

First, Happy belated birthday, Monique! (and any others I missed this week). This is my last official day off, I go back to work tomorrow night. Boo. I really could enjoy being retired (just would miss the paychecks terribly).

Big plans for the week fizzled before they started. My friend Deborah, who is a super organized slave driver, was going to help me get my sewing/scrapping room whipped into order. And then she got sick. So, I've been working on my own, and though I have made progress - it's not near where I had hoped it to be with her help. Sigh.

Blondie, your flowers are beautiful - and little Gracie - what a cutie! My little chihuahua, Beanie, has to go to the vet tomorrow for a recheck after his emergency surgery last week to remove an abcessed tooth and a small portion of his jawbone. . He woke up Friday with his face swollen twice it's size. I felt terrible - I had put off doing his yearly dental and that was the result.

So, better get moving if I am going to get all this stuff put in any semblance of order today. I hope to have it done and ready to watch quilt-cam tonight as I sew a tiny baby blanket for the new8 wk old puppy DD will bring home on Sunday. It was three years ago yesterday that we had to say goodbye to her Dash - the dog love of her life. He was a most special dog and no one else will ever take his place.

Blessings and prayers for all.......

Ginny B
April 17th, 2015, 08:30 AM
Good Morning and Happy Friday all! It was warm enough upstairs last night to sleep with the windows open but boy, this morning I paid for it. Allergies kicked in something fierce. Got my claritin handy and hoping I won't need to take it but I'll have it with me and be prepared. I need to get everything on my To Do list at work moved to my Done list since I'll be on vacation next week. Then I will come home and work on my home To Do list and get packing over the weekend.

Monique, glad you had a good birthday. :) Come on out of those dark corners everyone. Spring is here with her April showers and let's look forward to those May flowers. Have a great day everyone.

Plentziana
April 17th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Hi, this week we had some beautiful sunny days with over 30 degrees farenheit about 86 bone as you have, but now the rain has come hope the weekend back the sun to enjoy family on the street and on the beach we already have many good wishes of good weather. In the hope that everyone has some happy days and for those who need prayers and hugs the command is from this far away, but thanks to this forum is a little closer.

Simply Quilting
April 17th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Good Morning! Just a quick hello as I head out the door. I'm thankful that the migraine was yesterday and not today. I'm off to Hamilton today and get to meet up with a forum friend or two.

Have a great Friday and an awesome weekend everyone :)

klgls
April 17th, 2015, 10:27 AM
I'm heading up there too! See you soon.

WendyI
April 17th, 2015, 10:48 AM
I'm off to Hamilton today and get to meet up with a forum friend or two.

I'm heading up there too! See you soon.

What's this wee secret visit!?!? Didn't know you guys were meeting up! Lots of pics please!! Hope you all have fun!!

Blondie...sure would love to see a pic of his face when you give him the quilt...even better a video! I'm sure your DH could manage that?! That would be so fun! Barb I hope Jeff can get the green light to get back to work...nothing worse than having a bored, immobile man around giving orders all day! ;)

Thankful it's Friday. Scott brought the trailer home yesterday and is taking it out to the park to set it up tonight. He will be staying in the house until the end though, I assume to spend as much time with Liam as possible. I'm fine with that...not ready to start my life alone in my current house...that would be beyond painful.

Liam's girlfriend dumped him yesterday...he was pretty bummed...well as much as you can be at 12! So Scott invited me to go with them to a huge buffet style Chinese food restaurant for dinner. It's Liam's fav place although he mostly eats fruit! I am not a fan of buffets myself...don't like that I end up over eating even when I don't plan to!

Busy weekend ahead...13 days until moving. Today I have to decide on my internet. sigh. Wish me luck! ((((HUGS)))) to everyone who needs them! HAPPY FRIDAY! xox

Amy R
April 17th, 2015, 10:55 AM
OOO Blondie I hope you can snap a pic of his face!!! I love showing people "their" gift and then their surprised face when they get it all done!
Hope Jeff gets to go back to work!

May this weekend find healthy, happiness, and strength for the week ahead! Prayers hugs and happy thoughts!

Grandma Nan
April 17th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Late morning hello's. I've been a slug this morning. Blondie you are so good at surprising people (you know what I mean). It would be precious to see Ricky's face though. Saying prayers for all of the spoken and unspoken needs. I would also publicly like to say a big thank you to all my friends who sent me cards over the past month since my mom's passing. Your thoughts and wishes were very much appreciated. It is surprising how a card at the right moment can just lift your spirits. Thank you.

Hubby is going to help move his dad this weekend. Just moving into a 1 bedroom apt. down the hall from where he is right now. That leaves me kinda alone so hope to do lots of sewing. I am going to a quilt show with my sister for a couple of hours but I will have some concentrated sewing time and no need to make any meals.

Going to have my shower, put on my sweat pants and get busy sewing. I have nowhere I have to go today so I hope to make some great progress on my mystery quilt and my class quilt.

Have a safe and happy day folks and remember a SMILE uses less facial muscles than a Frown.

MayinJerset
April 17th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Hello again, I was up really early and posted around 7am and left to have my coffee, like Ginny I also enjoyed having windows open overnight and am also suffering from all the pollen that came indoors. Sat down on the couch to talk to DH about what we're doing today and fell asleep for 2 hrs! Talk about hiding in dark corners as it dark and raining. April shower is over and I finally got my day going, took a shower and am ready to go at almost
11am.

DH is going to pick up the walker I ordered and I'm going to try it out at home to get used to it before going outdoors with it. Arthritis has advanced over the Winter and I need something better than the generic one with 2 wheels in front and tennis balls in the back. This one has 4 wheels, hand brakes, a seat and can be used as a transport. With this one I can go more places and if I get tired can sit and rest a bit. Thinking ahead to grandkids college and high school graduations coming up, it's a long walk from the parking lots to the football fields that the ceremonies are held on so part of the way I could have DH push me. Wish me luck as I hate having to curtail my activities. Anyone use one of these walkers? I could use your input.

MayinJerset
April 17th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Oh well, Walker is on the way back to the shop although it was made nicely it was just too big for me mainly because it can be used for transport. Will get a smaller one with all the same features but with a smaller frame and a seat just for sitting to rest. It will better fit my need to get around by myself as I can fold and lift it to store in car trunk while I drive.

Granny Judy
April 17th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Hi, May. My mom used one and I still have it.. She passed in 2005. Toward the end, she got too weak to handle it and had to go to a mechanized wheel chair. Which she liked a whole lot since it didn't wear her out to get around and out side with.

Hope it is a long time before you have to go to that, tho.

Had a restless night digesting the bad news of yesterday.. but feeling calmer today. hoping to get to work in the sewing room, but first I'll put on the stew meat for tonight's meal. Trying to keep the routine as normal as possible. I think it gives some stability to our lives right now.. It's a security blanket in the storm.