PDA

View Full Version : A Nice Night Owl Night

kimsophia
April 17th, 2015, 02:50 AM
Hi! How are you all doing? Things are fine here. I'm watching Other Space on Yahoo. Today I did a little bed clearing in the gardens and my helper is coming tomorrow morning. So I feel good about that. Everything's popping up fast. Seems like it was just winter, and a bad one at that. Not as bad as you folks out East, though!

I'm going to need to lay out my batting flat and see how my quilt squares fit. The pattern was too small for a queen size so I added an extra row and an extra block to each row. But I'm not sure if what I have done will fit right because my "design wall" is folded onto the downstairs curtain rod. :P I'm pretty sure there will be enough room to lay it flat on the deck. My buddy can help me with that, too.

So how is your night going? Will May have posted just before I post this? :D Hootie hoot!

stationarymom
April 17th, 2015, 03:04 AM
Hello I hope your having a good night.I didn't think any other owls were out tonight.Have you seen the new tutorial yet? it looks like one to make for sure.I haven't seen any other night owls yet tonight,if they're out there they are awful quiet.The night is going well I went with a friend tonight to visit her mother in a nursing home,she is there because she needed rehab for walking.my friends mother has brain damage caused by seizures and medication.it's all quiet here now.

pcbatiks
April 17th, 2015, 03:09 AM
Hi Kim, I actually did some sewing and cutting today on the zombie quilt for our son. Cutting black fabric for the shadows is not fun....... especially when your cutting area doesn't have enough light. Hoping to work on it tomorrow too. It has been raining almost everyday since last Saturday......thankfully not all day long.

Tomorrow I'm going to a local quilt show........should be about 300 quilts.

We will be giving up cable by the first of next week...........I can do without the cable.....I think.......but I'm really going to miss the DVR. Really like skipping commercials and the non-ending talking on a few other shows.

My current favorite commercial just came on. United Health Care.......the married couple hears theme from Dirty Dancing on the radio and she starts dancing.......then stops......then runs toward hubby to be picked up like in the movie. Of course he drops her......cute, funny! :D

Off to bed.........up too late. Hootie Hoot!

Simply Quilting
April 17th, 2015, 03:15 AM
This night owl had planned on being in bed over an hour ago. But as I went to layout my outfit for later today, I realized that the skirt I wanted to wear had not gotten washed. So the washer is going now. This is one example of why I hate migraines so much. I had planned on doing all the laundry earlier today even got one load done. And we were able to meet up with some friends to play in the park but then the migraine got so severe that I just had to lay down for a while. Thankfully, I am feeling much better.

I'm headed to see if the washer is done and get the clothes taken care as I have an early morning this morning.

stationarymom
April 17th, 2015, 03:16 AM
Pc have fun at the quilt show tomorrow.I have one coming to my area this weekend I hope to make it there,time will tell.

stationarymom
April 17th, 2015, 03:18 AM
I'm glad you are feeling better now,but so sorry you had to suffer earlier today.I hope you have a great weekend .

bubba
April 17th, 2015, 04:12 AM
It was beautiful here today!!! We just shut the back door about three hours ago. Love the fresh air! I sewed two bags, one Mariners, one Sounders, got an order for another Sounders, so I'm a happy gal! Had dinner w/the boy and his girlfriend then told MM I need to go buy some fabric. He laughed at me! When I asked what was so funny, he had the nerve to tell me I already had lots of fabric! Well, I explained, the Mariners have different colors from the Sounders and the Seahawks, none of them are the same and I have nothing to coordinate with! At this point, he may have actually rolled his eyes! We ended up at Hancocks, where I had bought the black w/white polkadots and I was happy to see they had all the fabric I wanted for 40% off! One bolt was on a special sale table and it was only $3.27 a yard! All the notions were also 40% off, but of course, they did not have the right size purse hardware :( I had grabbed some Velcro, but I think it got left on the cutting table because it was not on the receipt as being rung up.

My smart phone decided not to work, so I was unable to get my $10 off coupon for spending $50, but once we got to the car, it finally showed up. I went back in and showed the clerk and she gave me a refund for it! They are so much nicer than Joanns, but when they are busy and having a huge sale, it does get ugly at the cutting counter.

They had a big truck delivery to unload and they thought there was Sounders fabric on it, but they won't be doing that till after closing or early in the morning so I will miss getting more.

We leave town in the morning and won't be back till Tuesday. MM asked me if I wanted to take a machine, but then I have to haul the iron board, iron, mat, cutters, etc etc etc and that took all the fun out of it! However, I got thinking I could take up the stuff to make waterboys. I don't even need and iron for that!

Supposed to be 70 Sunday and I'll be the one smiling up at our lake. Have a great weekend!

MayinJerset
April 17th, 2015, 06:32 AM
Kim, No posting at the same time tonight as you were here about 3 hours before me.

All the fresh air coming in from the opened windows helped me sleep really good. It's almost 6 am and I'm really UP for the day so I better get the coffee going. This early bird needs to find a worm for breakfast, think I'll have some cereal and leave the worm to the real birds.

kimsophia
April 17th, 2015, 07:24 AM
I'm glad you slept good, May. I am still awake...and was planning to pick up my helper and start after 9. I just wrote him an email that I'll get up at noon.

But, the night before I got 11 hours of sleep! :D 2 a.m. to 1 p.m. I felt great!

toggpine
April 17th, 2015, 12:31 PM
Sorry I missed the nightly gathering.
The dog bolted out the barn door and I had to try to keep her from running off. (Our property is only partially perimeter fenced, and she's a roamer.) Thankfully it was dark and she was a bit confused as to where she wanted to explore. She heard the older goat kids hollering back at me from the upper pen and decided that they needed her protection. I was able to let her in their play space until I could get her leash and walk her back to the barn.
That took the last bit of oomph out of my sails. If this crud isn't better by Monday, I'm going to have to see the Dr. Ick.

I have a gal coming today to learn how to disbud her baby goats. fun.
Hubby is home form work with this goo today too. He is in doing the bills. That ought to make him even grouchier. yea

If the weather is as nice again today, I may try to putter outside for a while. My allergies can't make my snot factory work any harder than it already is.

I'm going to go fill the kids' milk buckets and get some baby snuggles. Have a good one!