PDA

View Full Version : Update on my friend D. B. (and thanks yous)

Sonic
April 16th, 2015, 06:23 PM
Thank you to everyone who sent prayers and positive thoughts to my friend Dick
( http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/general-chit-chat/52003-asking-prayers.html )
I donít know a lot of details yet but was told just a little while ago that he would be ok. He had another severe reaction/anaphylactic reaction, however this time they (Drs) recognized what was happening (because of last time when he almost died) and were able to get epinephrine and other medications on board in time. Heís out of ICU, but they still havenít been able to figure out whatís triggering things. Iím trying to get more info (without being obtrusive) but am so relieved heís not in a coma!

Again, thank you and hugs to each and every one of you. :icon_hug:
This is an awesome team of prayer warriors!!

Bubby
April 16th, 2015, 06:25 PM
This is good news!

Amy R
April 16th, 2015, 06:26 PM
phew!!! Hope they find out the cause. Anaphylaxis is scary!

Sonic
April 16th, 2015, 06:29 PM
phew!!! Hope they find out the cause. Anaphylaxis is scary!
Yes it is. We still have to carry epi-pens 24/7 for kiddo so this hits really close to home for us besides the fact that he's our friend.

amartin24
April 16th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Prayer works!! I've seen it time and time again! Praise God!

Sandy Navas
April 16th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Glad to hear that he's better and they know what the issue was. Hope they figure out the source.

Carrie J
April 16th, 2015, 07:43 PM
Leah, excellent news! It's nothing to mess with that's for sure and progresses so darned quickly! Anytime you need the Prayers, just holler m'dear! :D Glad Dick is on the mend, and hope they find out the root cause quickly for him!

Granny Fran
April 16th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Great News!!! Prayers anytime.

quiltingtrish
April 16th, 2015, 08:16 PM
He would probably love to know that so many of us are praying for him. I'm glad to hear they were able to treat him so far and pray they do find the cause. I'm at school every morning waiting on the special needs bus to arrive to help them all off and into the building. Our bus driver is one special lady too.

JCY
April 16th, 2015, 09:43 PM
My 48 y.o. son is allergic to bee stings. He carries an epi pen with him, esp. when he's mowing the lawn. Yellow jackets make their nests in the ground. He's had at least 3 trips to the ER with bee stings.