PDA

View Full Version : I walked....

WendyI
April 16th, 2015, 10:35 AM
FOUR KILOMETERS!!!

That is like HUGE accomplishment for me! I didn't think I was gonna make it at first because right at the very beginning there was a huge hill and most of the trail was on a continual uphill path. Thankfully it was a one way trail so at the 2 km point I turned around and headed back. Was a little concerned I wasn't gonna make it! LOL! But I did! I was sore the next two days but in a good way. Going every Saturday now and hoping to do more through the week. Will be walking every night when I move for the dog so trying to prep!

Thanks for letting me share! I'm pretty proud of that accomplishment! With my bad knee it's been a long time since I could walk any distance.

pcbatiks
April 16th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Awesome Wendy! Congrats!

SallyO'Sews
April 16th, 2015, 11:08 AM
So proud of you! You are inspiring me to get back into it.

Are you familiar with Leslie Sansone? Google the name - she does walk-at-home (marching in place, actually) videos that you can do indoors any time the weather is bad. The workouts go from one mile (less than 20 minutes) to five miles. She's great; kind of like Jenny!

Simply Quilting
April 16th, 2015, 11:17 AM
What a great accomplishment! Keep up the good work, your body will thank you for it.

fatquarters
April 16th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Great job Wendy, I have been thinking, just thinking, about getting walking again myself. I remember a few years back, I was walking every day and after a few months I felt soooo much better. Walking does do the body good!

Andrea F
April 16th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Great accomplishment, Wendy! I'm proud of you. The last time I walked 4 km was a few weeks ago with my BFF in Amsterdam, from one store/café to the next. Actually she is really fit. She's the kind of girl that gets up early to run a few kilometers before work. Could never happen to me. Never!

MayinJerset
April 16th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Good for you! Keep up the great work!

WendyI
April 16th, 2015, 01:34 PM
My divorce support group meets to "hike" every Saturday. I've been reluctant to join them but I'm glad I did. Going again this weekend so hopefully I can keep up better! Thanks for the encouragement!

Sally, in the new place I'm moving to, I have to walk my dog as there is no fenced yard or anywhere he can be tied (and I don't believe in tying anyway)...so have to walk daily anyway...no matter the weather. But I may still check her out! Thanks!

TRLSRL72
April 16th, 2015, 02:57 PM
That is great. Keep it up. I need to do the same thing.

Iris Girl
April 16th, 2015, 03:15 PM
You go girl!! What a wonderful accomplishment. I need to get back to walking, but heel spurs some times keep me away from it.

alliek
April 16th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Kudo's to you. I wish you the best on your way to a healthier you! I wish I would have started sooner, but no:icon_woohoo: regrets, forge ahead. You did really well!

MRoy
April 16th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Way to go Wendy!

Monique
April 16th, 2015, 08:50 PM
Wendy, SO proud of what you are accomplishing. I started walking again yesterday.

auntiemern
April 17th, 2015, 12:07 AM
You go girl. I am totally impressed, These days I get out of breath waking to the kitchen. (gonna work on that)

stationarymom
April 17th, 2015, 01:38 AM
Congrats Wendy! You are doing great.I need to start walking again just to regain some leg strength, I wished I lived closer I'd love to walk with you it's so much easier with company.

rebeccas-sewing
April 17th, 2015, 06:22 AM
Way to go, Wendy! Just don't overdo it. It's better to work up to these things. If you start out doing too much you'll get frustrated and most likely not stick with it, or worse case, you may injure yourself.

WendyI
April 17th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Way to go, Wendy! Just don't overdo it. It's better to work up to these things. If you start out doing too much you'll get frustrated and most likely not stick with it, or worse case, you may injure yourself.

Well the bonus is that I'm walking with my divorce support group and they walk EVERY Saturday morning...So right now, that's all I'm doing. It's nice because I always have someone to walk with and I feel like I will let them down if I don't go (I'm sure that's not the case but that's what I tell myself! LOL! ) Once I move I will have to walk the dog every day so this is good for me to gear up to that.

Thanks for all the support!! xoxox Love you all!

mommamarsh
April 18th, 2015, 01:05 AM
Good for you !

Wwena
April 18th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Good going! The frist time is the hardest! :D All downhill from here!

CarolynK
April 19th, 2015, 10:45 AM
That's awesome, Wendy!!! You go girl!