PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Morning

Blondie
April 16th, 2015, 06:43 AM

Happy Thursday Folksies

Couldn't my get up and go yesterday in time to post. It was an early morning appt for Mom in the city. You just know I love driving in the dark. No fun since it was also raining. Yikes! Dark, rain, road construction barriers, are all so much fun.

Today is another day filled with fun, so I will say hi and bye. Smiles for each and every one. Also, big hugs and loads of prayers.

irishrn
April 16th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Good morning!! Up early to get DH into Raleigh for a test this morning. It's raining, which means traffic will be worse than usual. The 32 mile trek can be a bit tense during rush hour when it's raining. Too much speeding on days like this!!
Hope all have a good day and hugs to all who need it.

Ginny B
April 16th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Good Morning. Yesterday was a beautiful day and it really did have that "It's Spring!" feel. Eileen and Blondie, sorry about your trips dealing with rain. By the time I return from trips like that, I usually have a headache and feel very stressed.

Two more days at work until vacation! Lots of things to do there and also at home. I want to get some projects ready to take on the trip with me.

That being said, I'd better get some things done before heading to work this morning. Have a great day all. Be safe all those who are dealing with wild weather.

Monique
April 16th, 2015, 08:39 AM
Good morning. A wonderful start to this day with all the birthday wishes. Thank you one and all.

I had a wonderful lunch with my sister-in-law yesterday and last night was crafty night in preparation for our Rally on the 26th. Theme is "Bling".

I had to redo the blocks yesterday for the little dresses. SOMEONE should have told me that you iron the fusible on the WRONG side of the fabric. Ask me how I know. I may remember this in the future. I will get some pictures up later.

Today Bonnie is taking me out for the day. There may be a quilt store in there somewhere. It looks like it will be a beautiful day.

In the fall of last year I bought a bird feeder and since then I have been amazed at the birds that come. Now that spring has sprung, I am getting new birds. I think I may look for a bird book so I can identify the ones here. I am loving it.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Grandma Nan
April 16th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Hi everybody It was cold overnight but it sure seems like it is going to warm up nicely and be a great day.I know it is finally Spring here because yesterday I saw my rhubard is just up. Yum, custard and rhubard time. away on moving in.

First thing this morning I need to take my grandson to the dentist. Then I am finally able to move into my new sewing room so I 'll be That will pretty much take up my day. Hope everyone has a good day.

Bubby
April 16th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Morning Everyone,

I'm heading for Cuba with the trailer loaded with the mowers and other equipment. We have dense fog this morning which will make the trip interesting. Jeff is going with me and thinks he might be able to mow on the rider while I clean. This would be great but I doubt it will happen.

I did a little more work on the scottie blocks and decided I want to have them facing in both directions so I worked out the reversal of the pattern. Sometimes something seemingly simple can be confusing, but I got it figured out. There's a little neck piece that's pretty tricky in reverse.

Wishing everyone a safe day.

MRoy
April 16th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Good morning! It's another rainy day here. It's rained every day, just about all day, all week. I sure wish it would dry up some so I can cut the grass before it gets too high.

Robert Kaufman Fabrics donated fabric to our guild to use for our donation quilts. The big box came yesterday and it's great. There are many child themed fabrics and bright Kona solids. This will be a big help. Kudos to Robert Kaufman Fabrics!

Barb, I saw your Scottie blocks on your blog last night. That will be such a cute quilt!!

I need to go out and see if the sewing studio has washed away in the rain...just kidding! Have a great day!

auntiemern
April 16th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Morning all. After a stressful day, and a restless night in a recliner, we will g et to go home today. The best news though, is DH peed on his own, after his friend was removed, so he won't have to go home with another one, for another week.
Me on the other hand, woke up hacking up some unpleasant gunk. Hoping once I get home I can take care of that. Off to find some coffee. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

MayinJerset
April 16th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Sunny and warm again and I'm feeling so much better this morning with a bit more energy too. See where many south of me are experiencing rainy days, sure hope the rain quits soon and doesn't reach us. BFF plans to be over this afternoon while DH is away at school. We need to have a gab fest without our DH's around and hope to squeeze it in today as she will be extra busy the next few weeks. One of her DGS was confirmed yesterday here in Jersey, a DGD makes her 1st Holy Communion next week in PA, next a family wedding in NY, then a weeklong cruise to the islands ending with 2 graduations, a DGS from 8th grade and a DGD from high school - and she wonders why she's so tired.

ravelim
April 16th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Morning everyone. Just a quick stop to say hi good wishes and hugs to all.

Sandy Navas
April 16th, 2015, 10:04 AM
A quickie here from me this morning. Headed with Li'l Sis to see if she really wants to spend money on an AccuQuilt Go. Any day out with her is fun.

Had a house showing last night - they were here over an hour. Hopefully that's a good sign.

LRM
April 16th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Good morning! We have had snow! After a winter with almost none, it snowed from Tuesday afternoon til late last night. We need the water, but it is kind of a shock after such warm temps. Happily, it will warm right back to the high 60s by the weekend.

I did a little happy dance yesterday when I was notified that I'd won a Kate Spain (http://www.diaryofaquilter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/kasppainfatq.jpg) fabric bundle from Fabricworm through Amy Smart's blog Diary of a Quilter (http://www.diaryofaquilter.com/). I can't wait to get it. It is so beautiful! I've never won anything through all the "enter to win" links on quilting blogs. You know I will continue to enter every.single.one!

Have a wonderful day! Happy Birthday, Monique -- hope it is a wonderful day for you and a year filled with love and joy.

WendyI
April 16th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Morning all!! 15 days until moving. My landlord confirmed that I can get the keys for sure on the 30th...I'm pushing hard for at least late evening on the 29th so I can either work through the night or get a very early start on the 30th. All my ducks are in a row except for internet and I'm going to be working on that today. SUCH a total pain as there are SO many to consider and so many options! ugh.

Tonight Scott brings the trailer home and tomorrow night he's taking it to the park and setting it all up and he and Liam are spending the night there. Then Liam is going to a retreat with a friend at the friends church. This is the friend who's mother is a priest. Although we are atheist, I think it's good for Liam to experience that religion is not "bad" and it's okay to understand what it's all about. Hopefully he won't feel too out of place but it's only overnight and in town so I can go get him if he wants to leave.

So...will be packing and trying to do some cleaning. I told Scott that I will not be doing a final clean on the house and he can either do it or hire someone. I will clean my bathroom and vacuum but that's it. I'm not going to stress out about that. He wanted this, he can do it.

Going to go on a hike Saturday morning...I will have to post about the last one. Hoping you all have a fantabulous day!! Sending love and huge hugs to those who need them! Marilyn hope you feel better soon! xox

Simply Quilting
April 16th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Good Morning! DH and I went to the open house of the house that is going up for auction. The minimum bid is $35,000. Which is a great price for a huge three story with basement until you get to the part of cost of repairs which has been estimated between $125,000 and $200,000. The foyer, parlor, and living room are still in good shape - just need some good polishing of the woodwork and the floors refinished. The kitchen would have to be gutted which is fine because none of it is original anyway. The other two main floor rooms need some TLC. On the way up the stairs is a beautiful stain glass window that curves into the house. The 5 upstairs bedrooms need lots of floor to ceiling care - refinish flooring which includes putting in some boards, walls need loft beds removed, plaster repair and painted, the ceiling in some rooms has water damage so a dropped ceiling was put in which has to be removed so the real ceiling can have the needed repairs done. The bathroom has to be gutted - removal of four showers and four toilets which means floor and wall repair. The attic needs paint and floors redone. The 5 basement rooms were dry from what we could tell. It looks like the whole house needs new wiring, new plumbing, new heating and air with the issue of there is still some of the original radiators here there. The brick work outside looks great and solid, the wrap around porch looks to be in decent condition. So if anyone would love to take on a project of fixing up a wonderful 1890s house and live about two hours from MO*, I can hook you up.

I've got several options for the day, just not sure which one that I want to do yet.

Have a great day everyone:)

Jean Sewing Machine
April 16th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Sorry, Blondie! I had to steal this! It has been so me of late! I had some sort of virus a couple of weeks ago, not really sick enough to make me go to bed, but have just felt out of sorts to downright rotten as each day has progressed. This is a terrible time to feel fatigued, as I have plenty to do each day to get my costumes for MacBeth finished. My co costumer is in the play, so she has been doing the brain work behind what we need, unfortunately, we still have needs and are running out of days! It opens next Thursday, The Bard's Birthday! Can't wait to be celebrating that birthday, because it means I'll be SO DONE WITH IT! My mind is done with it right now!

Happy birthday to our birthday folks, happy recovery to those who have had surgery, prayers for those who need them, and you go, WendyI, walk on to a new and happy life! Everyone, have a good day!

SallyO'Sews
April 16th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Happy Thursday to all! I love Thursdays - they mean that the weekend is coming, which is a concept filled will all sorts of possibilities. Enjoy!
Blessings,
~ Sally \0/

Carrie J
April 16th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Good Morning All, fast "howdy and run" today.......

I looked at my "list" last night and thought "You're Nuts!" Well maybe I am, but it will make for a good day to work off some Spring "itchin' to go" energy. Hugs and Blessings to all, and especially to those that need them!

JCY
April 16th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Good Morning! The Utah snow came to Colorado. It started snowing shortly after daybreak. Big flakes are coming down now. The weather computer models predicted anywhere from a trace to 5-7"! It looks like at least 1" already on the picnic table. April is our 2nd snowiest month, with March usually the heaviest, but that came in Feb. this year. I hustled around yest. to get the fertilizer spread to take advantage of the coming moisture. Sure glad I got that done. It's been so dry; we really needed this moisture. Some areas of the mtns. are predicted to get 12-24". That will extend the skiing season.

I bought the M* binding tool yest. at my LQS. She carries the BLOCK mag. & several of the M* templates. I'm going to cut my own strips from FQs in my stash & make a sample block for the Binding Tool Star quilt. I watched the tutorial again yest., paused it freq., & wrote down the instructions. If I'm satisfied with one block, I'll make the rest. I'm using various blues, 1930's reprod. fabrics. I need more baby boy quilts. So much of the fabric is more appropriate for girls. It's a great day to be inside & sew!

Congratulations, Wendy, on your walk. I noticed my knee & ankle bothered me after traipsing back & forth across the lawn yest. (We have a big yard!) I think between DH & me, we keep Aspercreme in business! lol

Everyone have a good Thursday. Happy Birthday to those celebrating today, & prayers for those who have special needs.

RockinLou
April 16th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Hello friends! A quick hello before I go off to dreamland... I took my DS out tonight on a date, I had a really really delicious burger and he had fries for dinner, then we bought clippers for his summer haircut needs, and some groceries. He was SOOO good tonight, we had fun together! I'm so glad because a month ago I was at my wits end with the child... How quickly they change at this age!!

Work is chugging along smoothly too. Tomorrow, I get to be the guest reader in my daughters class, so that will be fun!!

irishrn
April 16th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Post #2. Back from Raleigh and trip to cardiologist for DH's stress test. As predicted, an accident on the highway backed up traffic. But fortunately it was in an area I'm familiar with, so I got off and hit the back roads. Made it to the door with only 5 mins to spare. Sent DH up to the office while I went to park the car, hoping he'd remember to go to the 4th floor! But he did great on his own! He was at the registration desk when I got there. Testing was done and we were out of there in 30 mins! Not bad.
Headed back home and WHAM, DH got chest pain at the exact same spot as he did last week! (About 18 miles from home!)
So the rest of the trip was with him winsing with every bump and turn! Gave him flexeril when I got home and he slept for 3 hours!
I'm convinced it is a muscle spasm and not cardiac chest pain.
So he sleeps and I continue to paint the kitchen and now the bathroom! All the doors are done in the kitchen, just need to be rehung! And I'm on the last two doors in the bathroom. There is light at the end of the tunnel!!!
Hope all are enjoying their day. Be well and take care of yourselves!

K. McEuen
April 16th, 2015, 04:06 PM
A quickie here from me this morning. Headed with Li'l Sis to see if she really wants to spend money on an AccuQuilt Go. Any day out with her is fun.

Had a house showing last night - they were here over an hour. Hopefully that's a good sign.

Tell her no, she doesn't, unless she has a dedicated space to leave it out and set up. I think I might use mine more if that were the case.

shermur
April 16th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Well.....I've been on the phone most of the day. Why, you ask?

It seems we have befallen a middleman scam on the house we are leasing in Fort Smith. The so called landlord does not own or is titled the owner of the house we are leasing. He is collecting rent and supposedly sending the funds to the title deed owners, who are now declaring bankruptcy. UGH!!!!

Do I now have to hire a lawyer to see if the lease agreement we signed is null and void? Are we going to become homeless? I so regret moving here....I still haven't found a permanent job and now we may have to move again? Hopeless....

Doloris
April 16th, 2015, 04:39 PM
oh my Sherri, when it rains it pours for you. So Sorry to hear this. I have no clue how to proceed with this dilemma, but you might need a lawyer.

Granny Judy
April 16th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Sherri, there should be a Free Consultation Law firm in your area.. and one that will take your case on a percentage payment basis as I think you might be able to sue for falsifying and mis representation.. to get your investment back. Or at least get enough back to pay for leasing a new place.

I have an AccuQuilt Go and it definitely needs a designated spot that is out and ready to use. Unfortunately, I don't have such a spot there fore it doesn't get used much. So YES, think it over before investing in one.

Afternoon and time to get dinner started. DD#2 will be home from work soon and I gotta get into the Kitchen and rattle those pots & pans.

Eriepatch
April 16th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Sherri
All I can do is send hugs. There are no words for the troubles you have been experiencing.