PDA

View Full Version : Batting tape

bakermom
September 28th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I save most of my batting scraps.I use the small ones for purse and other small projects. I zigzag the bigger ones together for use in another quilt. Works pretty well for me, except i sometimes find the edges stretch if I'm not careful. I was at the quilt store the other day and saw batting seam tape and thought I would try it. It is great, i had the batting pieces together in no time. Fuses very well with a steam iron, I was very happy with it. the brand i used was Bosal Batting Seam Tape, ( 1 1/2" by 10 yds). Cost about $5.

stitching woman
September 28th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Thanks bakermom. So glad to see your post have seen this at the quilt shop but had not talked to anyone who had used it. I will have to pick some up next time I go in,I too use all my left over batting so this will be great.

Sandy Navas
September 28th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Love to have product reviews. Thanks for sharing! I'll have to try that one.

lawork1211
September 28th, 2011, 07:07 PM
We tried it and loved it. Thought it would be great if we shorted the batting accidentally on the long are (this only happened once I swear!). The only problem we had we due to the small fact that we forgot to engage our brains. It was wrapped in a ton of plastic wrap which was wrapped a million times around it. My best friend didn't look close enough and thought the plastic film wrap was the actual tape. Didn't do good things for the iron, and it didn't take long to realize that was a major oops!

Blondie
September 28th, 2011, 08:27 PM
well, this is a good thing to know. I am always sewing my scraps together with my joining foot. This would work out well when in a pinch for time.
I will remember our lawork1211's comments about the plastic. Ouchie for the iron.

Blondie

bakermom
September 28th, 2011, 08:34 PM
We tried it and loved it. Thought it would be great if we shorted the batting accidentally on the long are (this only happened once I swear!). The only problem we had we due to the small fact that we forgot to engage our brains. It was wrapped in a ton of plastic wrap which was wrapped a million times around it. My best friend didn't look close enough and thought the plastic film wrap was the actual tape. Didn't do good things for the iron, and it didn't take long to realize that was a major oops!

i can see where that could happen! It was hard to tell if the plastic was the tape or not. i had to carefully cut the plastic off, it was wrapped on so tight..