PDA

View Full Version : Curious

Sandy Navas
April 15th, 2015, 06:14 PM
There was a recent brief discussion regarding rotary cutters - someone asked if it made a difference if the user was left or right handed. Got me thinking - wonder how the forum members fall - some people use either hand interchangeably (like me, I can take my left hand off and put it on where the right
hand used to be . . . )

So, which are you? Left, Right or Ambi/

Doloris
April 15th, 2015, 06:16 PM
I don't remove any body parts, but I can cut with either hand. I always use the stick type cutters because you can turn them over and use them with either hand.

Iris Girl
April 15th, 2015, 06:24 PM
I am right handed all the way. Anything done with my left whether its cutting or writing looks like who did it and ran! LOL!

Carlie Wolf
April 15th, 2015, 06:34 PM
I'm a righty tighty not a leftie loosie

songbird857
April 15th, 2015, 06:37 PM
Definitely right handed. I've tried a few cuts left handed... uh uh...

Amy R
April 15th, 2015, 06:41 PM
right, but I use a fork, swing a bat or golf club with left

Cathy F
April 15th, 2015, 06:51 PM
I'm left handed but when I was young the teacher didn't want me to use my left hand and kept putting the pencil in my right hand. Today I write primarily with my left hand but when I write on a cake that I decorate I write with my right hand. For quilting and sewing I use my right hand, but for throwing a ball or bowling my left. I can use the rotary cutter with each hand. Just completely a mixed up person!

Grandma G
April 15th, 2015, 06:55 PM
I am right handed to the nth degree. When I see Jenny cutting with both hands I am in awe. I have to turn everything and cut with my right hand.

Sonic
April 15th, 2015, 07:01 PM
I'm ambi-ish. I can do certain things better with one over the other.
Like I write right handed, but at other tasks I'm much better using my left hand/arm.

Marta
April 15th, 2015, 07:13 PM
I am a klutz with both hands .

irishrn
April 15th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Right handed for most everything except painting. I use a roller in either hand, but a paint brush in the right!

MayinJerset
April 15th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Right hand all the way.

bscuzz
April 15th, 2015, 07:22 PM
I'm right handed, but I've found with my family, friends, people I've worked with and just general curiosity - most "Gemini' folks are either left handed or ambi!! What about you Forum folks, any Gemini 'n are you left handed?

Doloris
April 15th, 2015, 07:34 PM
I am a Pisces and leftie/ambi

Navy Wife
April 15th, 2015, 07:50 PM
I'm mostly right handed but deal cards lefty. I had surgery on my left hand, and found out how much I use my left hand!

CraftHer
April 15th, 2015, 07:56 PM
I am right handed, but I can rotary cut with my left hand. If I'm using a square ruler, I'll cut 3 sides with my right hand and the final side left handed so I don't have to move the ruler or fabric. I also put the grippy strips on my ruler so it doesn't slide. That really helps my left hand.

Years ago, I read an article that lefties vs righties and that we should try to teach ourselves to do things with our non-dominant hand. Supposed to develop more synapses in your brain or something. I took it upon myself to keep a journal writing with my left (non-dominant). My entries were a lot shorter and sloppier, but I didn't feel an increase in synapses :)

K. McEuen
April 15th, 2015, 08:19 PM
Right-handed so much that sometimes I wonder why I even have the left one. Although, I too deal cards with my left hand.

Out of 2 parents and 4 kids, my brother was the only male child and the only lefty in the bunch.

bubba
April 15th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Except for batting in baseball, which I do right handed for some reason, I am purely left handed. Oh!! Putt putt golf is also right handed.

Snip Snip
April 15th, 2015, 09:18 PM
I am right handed for "doing" but left handed for "holding" and I think I would be very dangerous trying to cut anything left handed!

jjkaiser
April 15th, 2015, 09:30 PM
I am completely right handed. The only thing I can do with my left is hold the ruler down while cutting. I'd hate to see the crookedness, not to mention trips to the E.R. if I even attemted cutting with the "wrong" hand!

lyric
April 15th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Basically a righty, but I tend to eat a lot with the left. Now as for handwriting, pulleaze I can hardly decipher when I use either hand. Bwwahhhh haaaaa.

CraftyBarb
April 15th, 2015, 10:15 PM
Right handed for me.

sewluvit
April 15th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Very right handed. My grandma, my brother and two of my children are lefties.

Josephine09
April 15th, 2015, 11:30 PM
I am pretty much right-handed when I cut. I will, however, cut off the selvages using my left hand.

Andrea F
April 15th, 2015, 11:35 PM
Definitely right handed, my left hand is only for decoration.

Carrie J
April 15th, 2015, 11:36 PM
For the most part, a righty, depends on the task though regarding the left. (Writing definitely, um cutting, probably could, but not going to, lol) So semi-ambi here.

rebeccas-sewing
April 16th, 2015, 04:42 AM
Rightie all the way! My left hand is useless when it comes to most tasks. Probably the greatest workout it gets is on this keyboard. hahaha

Iris Girl
April 16th, 2015, 05:18 AM
I'm right handed, but I've found with my family, friends, people I've worked with and just general curiosity - most "Gemini' folks are either left handed or ambi!! What about you Forum folks, any Gemini 'n are you left handed?

Gemini here and righty all the way

Monique
April 16th, 2015, 08:43 AM
I am right handed but recently cut with my left hand, being too lazy to turn the fabric. I won't do that too often. Just not very good with the left.

Bubby
April 16th, 2015, 08:51 AM
I'm ambi with a lot of tasks but I don't want to risk it with the rotary cutter, so I cut right handed.

buckeyequilter
April 16th, 2015, 10:04 AM
I'm right handed....only have a left hand so I have somewhere to put my wedding bling.

WendyI
April 16th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Totally right handed...which is bizarre because both my parents are lefties!

pcbatiks
April 16th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Me......rotary cutting with my left hand............too scary to think about! :D