PDA

View Full Version : It's Wednesday right?

Monique
April 15th, 2015, 07:51 AM
I keep thinking it is Thursday. I am all mixed up and it doesn't take much to do that. Yesterday ended up going in to town as Les needed more pills, Dougie needed a hair cut, I needed more suet for the feeder, and so on. I did get a load of towels washed and out on the line. In the late afternoon I decided I did not have enough UFOs so I started another quilt that I have been wanting to make for quite some time. It is called Dressed to the Nines, each square has a little dress in it. I have the dresses ironed onto fabric, the 10" squares are cut and ready. So I think that will be today's project.

I am meeting my sister-in-law for lunch today and picking up a new to me water cooler. Mine is not working just right. Les has to work tonight so I get some quiet sewing time (I hope).

I visited with friends last night and had a few games of cards. What a fun night.

Well that's it folks. Have a wonderful day and SMILE a lot.

Grandma Nan
April 15th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Hi Monique

I can't believe its Wednesday already. Again, this week is flying by. Not sure if that is a sign of getting older or its just our life. The weeks just seem to fly by. The weather is glorious this week and gives some hope that Spring is actually going to stick around this time.

I know what you mean about not having enough UFOS- I have a couple of quilts I am dying to get into but never thought of approaching it from the perspective of needing more UFOs. It is also a question of boredom for me. I get tired of working on the same thing all the time so a change is as good as a rest.

I have some M* parcels at my US post address so my sister and my Dad are going with me to pick them up then we are going on to Watertown for lunch. I doubt any shopping today as we will have my Dad with us but we may make a quick trip into the grocery store to pick up a few things. It will be a wonderful day for a little drive. We will certainly be home early. DH Dave runs on Wednesday evenings so I will be able to do a bit of sewing when I get home.

I should be out working in the yard but like Gramma Babs was talking about yesterday I am starting to tire of doing that work. I like the yard to look nice but I really don't have to be the one who does it. If I could find a condo or rental that I liked I would seriously consider moving into that. I want a row housing/bungalow style with garage. Seniors development. They have some in another town near us but i really don't want to move there. I just wish they would build some of those here.

Hope everyone has a good day and don't forget you need to sew everyday. Quilting is easier (I was going to say cheaper but not sure that's true)than therapy. And don't forget to SMILE at at least one stranger today.

pcbatiks
April 15th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Good morning. :) I am the only one wishing that I could "teleport" to Missouri Star for the Kona Solids Day? It sounds like a fun few days and I would probably have to add on a room when I got home. Those of you who are going.........have fun and don't forget to take pictures! :D Wish I could be there to hang out with Megan & Sandy!

I've started on the zombie quilt........hoping to sew on it today. I'm anxious to try out my new sewing spot in front of the window.......love the extra light on the machine!

Have a great day.

Mom23
April 15th, 2015, 09:06 AM
Good morning,

I'm still smiling from the video bubba posted this morning. If you can, take the time to watch it.

Today starts our guild 3 day sewing retreat. We start early and stay late! I'm so excited I didn't sleep well last night. I think I will go get groceries now since there isnt much to eat in the house and hubby gets home from his trip tomorrow.

I hope to have some pictures of completed projects later in the week. I'm picking up 3 quilts from my LAQ today.

Peace, prayers and blessings to all!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 15th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Good morning,

I'm still smiling from the video bubba posted this morning. If you can, take the time to watch it.

Today starts our guild 3 day sewing retreat. We start early and stay late! I'm so excited I didn't sleep well last night. I think I will go get groceries now since there isnt much to eat in the house and hubby gets home from his trip tomorrow.

I hope to have some pictures of completed projects later in the week. I'm picking up 3 quilts from my LAQ today.

Peace, prayers and blessings to all!

Have fun at the retreat!

WendyI
April 15th, 2015, 09:21 AM
morning all! Been waking up with headaches lately...tells me I really need to get a new pillow but mine are so expensive and it's such bad timing right now with the move coming up. I was looking at my sewing machine with longing last night. Can't wait to get it set up in my new place and get some projects finished. Will likely be a while though as moving in and setting up takes so much time!

Day four of no supervisor and it's been very relaxing...but I have to plow through some projects she left for me so they're done before she returns so I'd best get to it! Hoping everyone has an awesome day and sending MASSIVE HUGS to those who need them! xox

Bubby
April 15th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Morning Everyone,

Jeff is going to cancel his therapy today so it's looking like we may get a calm day at home. I am officially on the Fabric Starvation Diet until further notice. Jeff got his final pay check and our medical insurance now costs $1,330 a month (Cobra). His FMLA is exhausted, too, so technically his job could go to someone else, but I doubt that will happen. This is a fine kettle of fish.

The Girls were groomed yesterday and little Olive no longer looks like a little lamb. Dot has beautiful silky hair but Olive's is wooly.

I'm working on a baby quilt for a future great-grand. No GG on the horizon, just trying to be prepared and I love making small quilts.

Robin, enjoy your retreat. I recently took a walk through your album on Pinterest and loved everything! You do beautiful work and you are also a very prolific quilter.

Wendy, things will calm down enormously for you once you are settled in your new home. I know about the trauma of moving, even if it's a good move it takes me months to get settled in my head and heart.

Monique, I can't wait to see your dressed-up quilt. It sounds like it will be darling.

Wishing everyone a stellar day....

Sandy Navas
April 15th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Swallowed my tongue when I read the cost of Cobra! Speechless!!!!!

MayinJerset
April 15th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Woke up not feeling so good but will see how I feel after my morning coffee. Need to do a lot of odds and ends around the house and I'm way behind today. Want to get out this afternoon to drop off a few items at my guild while we're having an Open Sew Day. Several gals will be there working on Quilts of Valor quilts so I'll give them the quilt kit I made up, also will put some dolly quilts in their storage cabinet. Feels good to have finished those items and getting them where they are needed.

Simply Quilting
April 15th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Good Morning! My days have been all mixed up this week - on Monday night I kept thinking it was Tuesday, Tuesday felt more like Thursday and not sure what this Wednesday will feel like. It has rained in the early morning hours and somehow the sun has decided not to come out but the birds are singing anyway. I do have sitting on my table some beautiful flower blooms - dh picked me a small branch from our tree on Monday.

In town, both today and tomorrow is an open house for one of the historic homes in town to give a preview to prospective buyers for the upcoming auction. The beautiful three story Queen Ann Style brick home built in 1890 at one time had a total of 13 rooms, including six bedrooms, a parlor, a great room, a ballroom, eight fireplaces, two bathrooms and a third-floor space that probably served as a servants’ quarters and nursery. Interior appointments still intact include a stained glass window, beveled mirrors, a sliding parlor door faced with cherry and maple, a paneled staircase, ornately carved woodwork and many of the fireplaces. The house represented the marriage of two of the wealthiest families in the area. Then in the 1970s it became a fraternity home. Thankfully, a lot of the original home is there but there is also a lot of restoration that needs to be done. At least we hope that the new owner will restore the home and not tear it down as we have lost many historic homes in town.

Barb, yikes!!!! That is a crazy amount for cobra insurance. And what is sad and sick is the fact that they know that you have to have the insurance so they make you pay an ridiculous amount.

Robin, enjoy your retreat. It sounds like lots of fun.

Nan, have a fun day with your family.

May, I hope you get feeling better.

Have a nice Wednesday everyone :)

Iris Girl
April 15th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Morning all. Its sunny here in the 60's already. I have the quilt from our bed and my sons bed plus the diamond quilt on the line drying. Bought some storage to straighten up my desk at Michaels on my way home yesterday. I had an ugly plastic set of drawers there and it was caving in. Now I have 2 nice wooden 1/2 cubes with drawers, shelves and a pen cubby. Took a long time to clean my desk and get that organized to a point. Then I made some meatballs for spaghetti and meatballs later in the week. I also squeezed of 1/2 pound and made teeny weeny ones for some Italian Wedding Soup.
We got the car back last night so that is a relief no going to work when hubby leaves because its the only way I can get there. Wasn't too bad those 2 days but being at work 2.5 hours early when I could be home is not my cup of tea.
Hugs to all those that need them.
Wendy you must be getting so excited about the move and finally being settled in mind and body.
Barb sorry to hear the Ins is so high. I know for just hubby and I we lose so much from each of his paychecks and we are not people that run to the dr. But when you need it its good to have .
Should have been born rich instead of pretty LOL yeah right.
I need to finish the SBS quilt but some how keep finding other things to do first.
Have a great day all.

MRoy
April 15th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Good morning! I'm taking a break from sewing today after sewing thru and breaking off the needle in my finger yesterday afternoon. DH came to the rescue and my finger is doing good today but it's sore as whiz! I did finish two quilts the past two days so I'm ready to move forward with another WIP soon.

It's still raining here and there's some flooding in the next county. We live on high ground so if it floods here it may be time to build an ark. Happy Hump Day!

Sandy Navas
April 15th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Sending ouchie thoughts to Myrna - worry so much about through and through puncture wounds. I'd be soaking my finger in some strong Epsom salts, my think!

RockinLou
April 15th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Swallowed my tongue when I read the cost of Cobra! Speechless!!!!!

For two years I worked full time at a terrible wage to take home $230 at the end of the month after paying my family plan for health insurance. My daughter was less than six months out of tuberculosis and my husband has chronic psoriasis, I was literally a slave to our healthcare premium for two years, and people wonder why we moved to Kazakhstan!?!

RockinLou
April 15th, 2015, 01:02 PM
morning all! Been waking up with headaches lately...tells me I really need to get a new pillow but mine are so expensive and it's such bad timing right now with the move coming up. I was looking at my sewing machine with longing last night. Can't wait to get it set up in my new place and get some projects finished. Will likely be a while though as moving in and setting up takes so much time!

Day four of no supervisor and it's been very relaxing...but I have to plow through some projects she left for me so they're done before she returns so I'd best get to it! Hoping everyone has an awesome day and sending MASSIVE HUGS to those who need them! xox

Horray for having work to do!! I know you find it awful to be left with nothing!

RockinLou
April 15th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Hello friends, I've had a good day here! Work went smoothly, I have most of my major projects for the Spring behind me, my most troublesome students are behaving themselves this week, and I'm pretty much caught up on my paperwork!! Joyful!

This evening I came home to a three year old who was being argumentative and disruptive, and a six year old who just looked sad because she "wasn't good enough at school today" (she has some sensory integration challenges and gets on the 'warning' list for behavior more often than we would like) so I decided to smother the kids in attention and family time. After dinner we played a few rounds of their favorite board games and did a 100 piece puzzle together. They had so much fun that I couldn't help but smile too. The hyper one settled down and the sad one perked up, and everyone went to bed nicely. Who can ask for more than happy kids at bedtime?
I have not done much sewing this week, mostly I've been reading Harry Potter and putting myself to bed earlier than I used to.
I'm hosting a girls night this weekend, I had intended to make Cheeze Itz, but I haven't been able to find any cheddar cheese... So sometime in the next few days I need to come up with a few ideas for snack foods to share with friends while Pride and Prejudice is on in the background and the coffee/wine/beverages of choice flow at home... I wanted to make something special from America, as some of my guests are locals, but I'm not yet inspired in any way!!

MRoy
April 15th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Will do! Thanks Sandy!

I'd be soaking my finger in some strong Epsom salts, my think!

Amy R
April 15th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Awww RockinLou big hugs to the kids from here.

Bjvarizona
April 16th, 2015, 02:25 AM
Cobra can be a life saver and a budget buster. However, it is a federal mandate that it can only cost 101% of what the employer paid. So those with employer subsidized premiums, be thankful. When Cobra starts you realize what the employer has been paying all along!