PDA

View Full Version : What a day!!!!!

buckeyequilter
April 14th, 2015, 07:49 PM
Had a fender bender before I even got out of the driveway. DH left his truck out last night, I saw it sitting there because he drove the PT to work. I proceed to back my car out of the garage and "crunch" ooops.....his truck was in the way. I pulled away from the truck and got out to take a look.....no damage that I could see to the truck. No damage that I could see to the car.

Every time I had to make a stop, on my way to work, and then start back up I heard a little rattle coming from the back of the car. I parked at work and decided to look....nope nothing on the back. I walked around to the passenger side and OMG....I have to have the rear quarter panel replaced. Our insurance will pay for it, even the deductible (that good driver's stuff we have is paying off).

Then at work - the network guy was there fixing stuff. Well at about noon I noticed I wasn't connected to the network or internet. Took him 3 hours to figure out what was wrong....well sort of....he still doesn't know for sure, thinks it's my Ethernet cable. He connected me up wireless, for now.

So tonight I am not going to my sewing room. I will play Free Cell and terrorize FB & the forum LOL

Carrie J
April 14th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Ewwwwww, that just made me cringe in reading the "crunch" part, Lordy, like the second Monday of the week, ya know? So sorry, and thank goodness for "I'm older and have better insurance girls!" Think your "plan" for the evening has total merit! I'd throw something out the door tomorrow morning girl before even setting foot to ground, just to make sure there aren't any leftover gremlins about!!!

irishrn
April 14th, 2015, 07:57 PM
You wonder about days like that! Things seem to pile up like a black cloud is following you!
Glad the car can be fixed and no one was hurt! You should eat ice cream or chocolate just because you deserve it!!

K. McEuen
April 14th, 2015, 08:10 PM
I'm sorry, but I started laughing at the OMG rear quarter panel part because I've been in that same situation. I noticed my rear turn light lens was busted out, then continued to look down after a bit, ended up having to have the whole rear quarter of the truck fixed because some dolt backed into me and left, so of course it was on my insurance. But the whole "didn't really see much at all at first" thing hit close to home. Sometimes I wish life went by those first looks, ya know?

Sandy Navas
April 14th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Another one who can hang their head - done that one. Someone borrowed Al's truck and left it parked outside the garage - not his usual parking spot. Open the garage door, put it it park and WHAM!

I'd stay away from the sewing machine, too!!

auntiemern
April 14th, 2015, 09:08 PM
Not a good day to start off the day. Glad the insurance is paying for all of it.

Doloris
April 14th, 2015, 09:11 PM
that was one of the reasons why we started backing into the garage. Too many close calls.

buckeyequilter
April 14th, 2015, 09:20 PM
He put his truck in the garage tonight......completely out of my way LOL

ceiliam
April 14th, 2015, 09:53 PM
I am so sorry but the major thing you were not hurt...however wise to stay away from sewing machine. And most important rotary. Cutter. Hope tomorrow. Is a better. Day

Sonic
April 14th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Dontcha wish you could get an auto alert, a text, anything... sent to you ahead of time so you can call in sick or something??
"A sucky day is forecast for today, please be advised you should stay indoors, home from work, and avoid all things electrical, mechanical, or motorized..."
Sure would make life easier.

Sorry for the bummer day but glad you are ok.

SewMuchToDo
April 14th, 2015, 10:16 PM
I feel your pain. I once backed out of the garage before the wooden garage door was all the way up...yes, there was a good crack in the wood but the car made it out okay! Better luck tomorrow!!

ilive2craft2
April 14th, 2015, 10:42 PM
On the bright side - the truck was ok and no one got hurt!

I would stay away from the rotary cutter and the sewing machine tonight. Sounds like you have a great plan for the evening.

K. McEuen
April 14th, 2015, 11:06 PM
Shirley ...

cv quilter
April 14th, 2015, 11:35 PM
Lisa, LOVE< LOVE<LOVE ALL the quotes. Can't decide which one I like the best....so will choose, hmm, #1 #2 and #3. Is that allowed? :icon_beuj:

bubba
April 14th, 2015, 11:45 PM
So tonight I am not going to my sewing room. I will play Free Cell and terrorize FB & the forum LOL

That is probably a good plan!

Last night I stayed up till after midnight working on a new swoon bag. Well, that was a mistake because today I spent over an hour ripping off the connecters to use the correct hardware on four of them instead of the ones I used!! Now I'm as far as I was last night all over again!

I quit to make dinner and have not decided if I want to go up and fight with binding or just wait till tomorrow.....the second option is looking pretty good to me!

stationarymom
April 15th, 2015, 02:50 AM
Sorry about the way your day started out,but glad insurance will cover it.I think you made a good call for the night.Hope tomorrow is a better day.

kimsophia
April 15th, 2015, 02:53 AM
Wow. Our insurance would not cover it when I hit my DH's car.

MayinJerset
April 15th, 2015, 06:01 AM
Glad no physical damage.

What a surprise it was to learn that people actually put their cars in their garages. We haven't had one in there since the 80's and then it was only when DH or DS's needed to tune up their cars. Our garage is DH's workshop, our laundry room and storage room.

Amy R
April 15th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Yuck! glad you weren't hurt. when it rains it pours!!