PDA

View Full Version : 16 days to moving day.

WendyI
April 14th, 2015, 02:11 PM
I'm counting days now. 12.5 days until I'm off work...I come in on the Monday all day and the morning on Tuesday then I'm off the rest of the week and all of the following week. 16 days until actual moving day. It's finally coming close. I feel like I've been in a total holding pattern since October and moving week is going to come and I'll go from zero to a million miles an hour! My anxiety has been increasing as I've had to have more interaction with Scott about business pertaining to the house so having to do a lot of work to keep that under control.

My landlord has assured me that I can get in on the 30th...I'm going to verify with him today. Sure hope so because I've got all the utilities set up to spark on the 30th. I'm REALLY, REEEEALLY HOPING I can get in on the 29th...even if it's late at night. I want to start moving boxes so that I can then get my kitchen set up while everyone is moving heavy stuff (I hired two guys to do that) and I can have time to at least vacuum my old place and clean the bathrooms. Not doing much else for them sorry to say...got enough on my plate and they will probably clean it themselves anyway. So if I do get in on the 29th I'm gonna fill up on Monster caffeine drinks and move boxes all night!

Having a housewarming potluck on the 7th so that I have something to look forward to and an incentive to get my kitchen in order. Garage door opener installer is coming on the 8th. All that's left is buying a keypad lock for the front door and a new garbage can for the kitchen as mine is currently built into my cupboards and I can't take it with me. Oh and window coverings of some kind...might make those if I can afford it...in them meantime cheap blinds will have to do. So the countdown is on. I should have a blog I guess instead of posting novels for y'all to read!

Mom23
April 14th, 2015, 02:48 PM
I'm so excited for you, Wendy. This is the start of a new life for you. Look back fondly on the good memories in your life, and let go of the not so good memories.

Cathy F
April 14th, 2015, 02:58 PM
I'm cheering you on Wendy, so excited for you! Focus on the future and let your new journey begin.

Carol336
April 14th, 2015, 03:03 PM
I'm so excited for you Wendy....and you're already planning a party - girl you've come a long way!!!!

jjkaiser
April 14th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Good luck I know everything will fall into place just right. Now one last piece of advice from someone who's moved 14 times incl several times out of state (and I am not even military)--go to the hdw store or Walgreens and buy a pkg of key tags so when you get all your fresh keys made, and you make extras, you know what all those "other ones" go to, you know the ones that you aren't putting on your every day key ring. It will help you feel so organized and is a little thing!

Monique
April 14th, 2015, 04:15 PM
I am sending you GOOD VIBES as moving day is inching closer.

Granny Fran
April 14th, 2015, 05:15 PM
Oh, Wendy, it's hard to believe it's almost moving day.

Make sure you get lots of rest....moving can use up a lot of energy.

With you in thought for a successful and smooth move. Sounds like you have it all lined up.

Shirley
April 14th, 2015, 05:53 PM
Wendy, wish I was there to give you a hand.

ilive2craft2
April 14th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Sounds like you have thought of everything! Wish I could be there to help!

Hulamoon
April 14th, 2015, 06:30 PM
What a great new adventure. I'm so happy for you! I set up a garage sale at 1:30 in the morning because I just couldn't wait. lol

irishrn
April 14th, 2015, 08:11 PM
Your new journey is rapidly approaching! I so wish I could be there to help you and give you a giant hug!
Those of us who have been down this road can only tell you that we imagined it to be much worse than it actually was.
So take it from an old lady, you'll be excited and exhausted, but Moving day is just the beginning of your new journey!
Take care of yourself! You didn't move out in one day and you will need time to move in. Pace yourself. :-)

ceiliam
April 14th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Im so proud of you and how far you have come...girl you are doing great

Kgrammiecaz
April 14th, 2015, 10:16 PM
I am very excited for you. A wonderful new start. This will sound crazy, but make sure you have a roll of toilet paper with you. And something cold to drink, dont forget a cup if needed. I too have moved more times than I want to admit. We always made up a survivor moving bag. Good luck and I love reading your excitement about this new adventure. So keep us posted.

auntiemern
April 15th, 2015, 12:10 AM
I am so proud of you. Going forward with your life....no more what ifs....grab it by the horns, and go for the ride.

sewlucky
April 15th, 2015, 01:42 AM
Wendy, the days will fly by until the 29th! I will keep my fingers crossed that you can get in the evening you are hoping for!

We get possession of our new house tomorrow and I'm busy packing the kitchen to set up first thing. I'm with you, the sooner that job is done the better! We also hired a couple guys to help with the bulk of our move as well. My hubby has arthritis and the extra work is hard in him these days.

I sure hope that the last of the house business with Scott goes well. One day at a time, and a big deep breath in between. Hugs.

Terri

stationarymom
April 15th, 2015, 01:59 AM
wendy I'm glad you are finally going to be in your new home.I'm sure your anxiety has increased just be sure to breath and rely on friends and your support group friends.it's good to hear that you are already planning a party,I'm sure you can't wait to show off your new home to everyone.i would love to see it you'll have to post pics for us.Good Luck.

Simply Quilting
April 15th, 2015, 02:37 AM
Wendy, sounds like you are organized and all set for the move!!! You are doing awesome at taking charge of your new life. I can't wait to see how you have decorated your new place.

And as you get ready to move Terri, may your move go smoothly as well.

WendyI
April 15th, 2015, 09:46 AM
--go to the hdw store or Walgreens and buy a pkg of key tags so when you get all your fresh keys made, and you make extras, you know what all those "other ones" go to, you know the ones that you aren't putting on your every day key ring. It will help you feel so organized and is a little thing!

Thanks for the tip! Thankfully I won't have to worry about keys! I will be installing a keyless entry pad. I don't like to have Liam worry about keys...it's SO much better to just have a pass code!

Wendy, wish I was there to give you a hand.
Me too Shirley!

Sounds like you have thought of everything! Wish I could be there to help!

I would love it if you could be there too!

Your new journey is rapidly approaching! I so wish I could be there to help you and give you a giant hug!
Those of us who have been down this road can only tell you that we imagined it to be much worse than it actually was.
So take it from an old lady, you'll be excited and exhausted, but Moving day is just the beginning of your new journey!
Take care of yourself! You didn't move out in one day and you will need time to move in. Pace yourself. :-)

Thanks Eileen! The HUG would sure be appreciated but I'll take it virtually for sure. I'm trying hard to have all my ducks in a row and not be stressed...so far things are moving along. Thanks so much everyone for your support and encouragement! Helps SO VERY MUCH! xoxoxoxxo :icon_hug::icon_hug::icon_hug::icon_hug::icon_hug: :icon_hug::icon_hug:

ravelim
April 15th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Wendy, good luck on your move. It's so exciting that it is almost time to move. Hugs to you

Sonic
April 15th, 2015, 10:21 AM
I am very excited for you. A wonderful new start. This will sound crazy, but make sure you have a roll of toilet paper with you. And something cold to drink, dont forget a cup if needed. I too have moved more times than I want to admit. We always made up a survivor moving bag. Good luck and I love reading your excitement about this new adventure. So keep us posted.
^^^ This!! Especially the toilet paper and survival pack. :D
I've moved more times than i can count on my fingers, toes, and kiddo's fingers and toes.
Moving is stressful no matter how many times you have done it, but the neat thing is that you are starting a new and exciting journey.
When the little bumps happen (that always happen with moves) remind yourself to take a deep breath and embrace the new.
New life, new place, new you, and it's ALL YOURS!
:icon_woohoo:

I'm very excited for you!!

songbird857
April 15th, 2015, 10:21 AM
I'd help ya move if I was closer ;)

mommamarsh
April 16th, 2015, 03:14 AM
Hang in there ! It is all coming together !

rebeccas-sewing
April 16th, 2015, 03:55 AM
Hang in there, Wendy! Divorce and moving are two of life's greatest stressors. Make sure you take care of yourself. I'm glad you'll have time off from work so you can get yourself squared away.