PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday

Blondie
April 14th, 2015, 06:53 AM

Hello folksies

Tuesday. Hmmmm. My brain is not fully functioning at this point, so the term brain dead almost applies to me right now. Still kinda in a sleep/allergy/denial that it is morning fog. I will plow ahead since it is what I seem to do best. Not very well at times, mind you, but plowing must be in my blood.

Remember my saying how I loved Sweet Annie? I found some coming up in a planter/wheelbarrel in the front by the porch. Teeny tiny little lacy looking things. The wind obviously blew a plethora of those seed there and there they will stay. I am beyond ecstatic. After carrying some of the house plants back outside to the porch, I then I spent some time working on the never ending queen size quilt for my DD's mother in law. I finally joined the block row of panels together and am in the process of quilting those. I do a modified hand quilt as you go so that when I join the rows, there is normally not a lot of quilting left. Since this is such a large one, it is cumbersome and taking me some time. I am hoping to have it done in time for her birthday in June. Like i said, I am fairly good at plowing ahead.

Today and tomorrow will be Mom day. I need to work a little more on her garden walkway and wheelbarrel some more mulch to spread. Ain't my life just so exciting? Hey, it's the little things that add up. And my life is full of little joys that give large satisfaction at the end of the day.

Take time to gather all your small joys and make a display of them in your mind. Don't make room for those gloomy thoughts unless you can figure a way to paint a smile on them somehow.

Prayers, hugs and many smiles to each one here.

Iris Girl
April 14th, 2015, 07:00 AM
Another early day for me. We get the car back this afternoon so won't have to go to work 2.5 hours before my shift. Yesterday I used the time to cut my squares for a twister baby quilt, then did some reading on my kindle. No quilt related items to bring today so it will be just me and my kindle today. After work my son will take me to get the car and we will drop his off for some preventive maintenance.
Rainy day here today but warmer then yesterday. 51 already!
Other then that not much going on. We been watching the updated Sherlock Holmes on netflix and are enjoying it very much.
Hugs to all that are in need. Have a great day all.

Carol336
April 14th, 2015, 07:12 AM
Good morning all...looks like a rainy day here in Md...that's ok, yesterday was so glorious I'm not gonna complain about a little rain.
I've decided to get Lulu back out - house sale be d****ed.....I'm suffering withdraw so bad I've just gotta do something. I think I'm gonna put her up in the garage and if the peeps looking at the house can't see that a car should actually be in there, then shame on them......a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

House has been on the market for 3 weeks and 43 people have trampled through....all the feedback comments are good, but so far no takers....it's making me crazy. We sure could use a few prayers to St Anthony if you could....and maybe I should be planting one of those statues in the front yard - LOL.

Have a lovely day everyone.

irishrn
April 14th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Morning all!! Another night of sleeping on installments! This is getting to be a bad habit!! I actually fell asleep in the recliner after dinner which I never do. Then woke up at 8pm, cleaned up the dishes and added final coat of paint to the days selection. They dried overnight so I can start again this morning. All base cabinets done now leaving 6 doors and 2 drawers. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!! Sometime today I have to get out to the landfill to drop off accumulation of stuff I've been gathering! That will mean driving the old truck that used to be DH's but since he has let his license lapse, I'll have to drive it! And I hate driving that thing!
I'm going to start looking for trash pickup service too. Can't continue to have it gathering up here!
We have doctors appt Thursday for first part of testing for DH's possible pacemaker. They haven't scheduled part two yet but I'm sure that will be another delay. In the meantime he just doesn't have any energy at all!!! He does a lot of sleeping during the day and then is up till 3am. Just not a good plan for keeping a normal schedule!
Need to get Casey back in. I hear him barking at the neighbors cats! Those cats love to torment him knowing the fence keeps them safe.
Wishing everyone a good day! Hopefully some sun and warm weather for all.

Ginny B
April 14th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Good Morning. Monday was a pretty good day and hoping Tuesday follows suit. I must say that since moving to my new department (close to a year already), I really don't have "bad" day. There are some that a bit more hectic and some downright annoying, but bad doesn't happen. :)

Iris Girl, glad you are getting your car back. Carol, good luck with the sale of the house. Blondie, have a good day outside wheeling that mulch. Be careful; take it easy.

Have a terrific day all.

RFREE
April 14th, 2015, 08:07 AM
Rainy wet morning here in western Ky. I don't like this part of spring but her if that is what it takes to get to summer "git er done!"
I am excitedly counting down the days to the paducah quilt show!!! Me,sis and a family friend are going to be there on Friday. I may be able to take off and go Thursday as well. I can't wait to meet a couple of our forum friends this trip. Hopefully everything will line up and it will happen.
Hugs from Ky
Rhonda

Monique
April 14th, 2015, 08:23 AM
Good morning everyone. What a gorgeous day we had yesterday. Windows got opened and laundry out on the line for the first time this year. I even got to speak the neighbours. We have all been hibernating I think. Floors got washed. Today I want it to be a sewing day. I have so many projects I want to do but so little time. If I could only do tops and have someone else quilt them, I would be set. I can't afford to have them quilted by someone else. Are they any long arm quilters here who need to practice more? :D:D:D:D:icon_wave::icon_wave::icon_wave:

Have a great day everyone. I am not sure if the sun will make an appearance today and I don't really care, the snow is melting.

CarolynK
April 14th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Good Morning all!

I've got a few minutes to pop in here and read, and put in my two cents.

I'm really loving my new job. I worked all weekend training the TWO, yes two new people to take my previous job. They seem to be pretty whippy and all so it went better than I expected. I could have been irritated, well, I guess I actually was irritated that they are both making more than I was with extra vacation but you know what...It doesn't matter any more. Moving on.

This week will be rainy and chilly but we need the rain so bad. No sewing lately and having withdrawls as I will be in Wichita all day Saturday and also going to visit Mom since I haven't seen her in a while. Maybe some sewing on Sunday.

Have a great day and as Blondie says, Smile!

Carolyn

Mpyles
April 14th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Good morning! Rough first day back to work yesterday! Here's to hoping for a better one today! Have a great day!

Grandma Nan
April 14th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Good morning to all of you

What an absolutely gorgeous day we had yesterday. Warm, sunny and sewing with my sister. The sampler is turning out lovely. The other side of yesterday is that my 90 y.o. FIL was taken to hospital by ambulance he lives 250 miles away and we were just there on the weekend. Once again we are reminded how quickly your life can change. He seems to be ok for now, maybe flu, but we will hear more this morning from Dave's sister who lives in the same town. We only have our 2 dads left so we need to look after them well.

Did a little bit of sewing in the evening too. It seems like eventually it will be nice today too but right now gray and dull. Its Tuesday so that means Heart Pillows. I also have to meet the kids from the school bus today as my DS is on a business trip and his wife doesnt get home soon enough for the bus. I'll feed them then off they will go to their swimming lessons. Let me say, it is a busy house.

I am hoping to find some time in their somewhere for some sewing. Have the best day you can have today. I don't know everyone's situation but try to find something positive. I am going to try my hardest to do that.

Amy R
April 14th, 2015, 09:25 AM
OHHHH how I wish I was closer to Paducah!!!

Looking outside it's overcast and grey, which is worrisome, there wasn't supposed to be rain today.. Rain = much longer day with the Soph lol.
Fibro pain is yucky just trying to keep moving.
Night 3 of pork roast. Tonight I'll simmer it in chicken gravy and pour it over rice or noodles. That'll take the last of it.
Hope to get some decent sewing in this week. I'm way behind where I need to be to get things done!
It's been busy though so I need to give myself a break.

I think the pollen is an issue this year, especially with the high wind yesterday!

Prayers and hugs for all!

Bubby
April 14th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Hi Everyone,

I had the Girls at the groomer at 6 am and then went to WalMart for a few items while I was in town. I had a profitable day in Cuba yesterday. I like our new tenant and hope she works out long term.

Jeff is getting antsy about getting back to work. I think he's done with PT. At this point he does more here at home than when he goes for therapy. He sees the surgeon Monday and hopes to be released to go back to work.

I have errands to run this morning and then a stop at the fabric store to see what's new. No doubt I'll come home with something to add to the stash.

Wishing everyone a good Tuesday with hugs.

WendyI
April 14th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Morning all. Had a bad day yesterday full of headache and anxiety from h*ll so decided to stay home and take care of myself. I slept a large part of the day then in the afternoon my headache abated and I decided to get my utilities switched over to my new place and get that all organized. Big relief to have that done and I am feeling much less anxious today. Moving day is coming very quickly so my anxiety is a bit more difficult to keep under control...but I'm plugging along.

April glad to see you are getting your wheels back! That will be a relief. Carol good luck with the house sale! It will happen! Eileen safe driving in the truck! Hope DH gets the medical stuff sorted soon! Ginny your new job sounds awesome! No bad days is great. Rhonda, you'll have fun at the Quilt show! Monique, wish I had a long arm! I'd quilt them for you in a heartbeat! Carolyn that's great news about the new job and so rude about the old one! Isn't that always the way?! Replace one employee with two! Mary have a great day! Gma Nan...hope the dads are okay! Thinking of you!

Everyone else, hope you all have a fantabulous day! xox

Midge
April 14th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Good morning everybody! Back from vacation today, and I need to get out into the front yard and get the roses trimmed and fed and the porch furniture out. This is my first year at this house, so the color will be a surprise. But they definitely need some tlc. I just love puttering in the garden. It really helps me savor the little things. Know what I mean?

pcbatiks
April 14th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Good morning...........this past weekend we moved a couple of things around in our den. We put my sewing table in front of the window where the computer was sitting. I haven't sewn yet.....but I think I'm going to like it! There is light shining on my machine all day! :D Enough lighting always seems to be an issue.

Blondie.......I would be happy to have you do some gardening magic at my house. I love the pretty landscaped yards.................I just want someone else maintain them. :D Guess I'm asking too much. That's why I love my azaleas..........easy to care for. :)

Wishing you all a great day with fabric shopping, new jobs, gardening .........

Mom23
April 14th, 2015, 10:31 AM
"Take time to gather all your small joys and make a display of them in your mind. Don't make room for those gloomy thoughts unless you can figure a way to paint a smile on them somehow." Thanks Blondie, that's just what I need to hear. Things have been a little tough here lately so I'm going to print this out and put it on my bathroom mirror. Take care of your back when working at your mom's today. We don't need you down and out again!!!

One of my son's classmates is coming over for her sewing lessons again today. She wanted to make a quilt, with no sewing experience at all, and she requested a jelly roll race quilt. This 45 minute quilt is going to take about 6 hours but we are taking time to learn other aspects of sewing. It has been fun.

Our guild has a 3 day sewing retreat starting tomorrow so I will get the house cleaned today and get all my "stuff" packed up after Holly's sewing lesson. The grass is a little wet but I'm mowing later in the day. Hopefully the sun will dry things out throughout the day.

As always, prayers to all my quilting friends.

Sandy Navas
April 14th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Good morning all...looks like a rainy day here in Md...that's ok, yesterday was so glorious I'm not gonna complain about a little rain.
I've decided to get Lulu back out - house sale be d****ed.....I'm suffering withdraw so bad I've just gotta do something. I think I'm gonna put her up in the garage and if the peeps looking at the house can't see that a car should actually be in there, then shame on them......a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

House has been on the market for 3 weeks and 43 people have trampled through....all the feedback comments are good, but so far no takers....it's making me crazy. We sure could use a few prayers to St Anthony if you could....and maybe I should be planting one of those statues in the front yard - LOL.

Have a lovely day everyone.

I think it's St. Joseph you are supposed to plant. Isn't St. Anthony the saint for lost items/causes?

Quiltfreestyle
April 14th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Yes you're right Sandy. St Joseph is the one you bury, although I've always thought that particular practice is both rude to the foster father of Jesus & vaguely superstitious, which is a big no no for us Catholics.
I hear the housing market is coming back all over the country so hopefully Carol's house will sell without the need to bury poor St Joseph. Ha ha ha

Carrie J
April 14th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Good Mornng All! More rain again today,but that's ok fine with me. Yesterday was a busy, busy no sewing day, so,errands done and I have the time to do my thang at the machine!! The only absolute thing I have to do is make the crockpot work, hand to forehead here, lol!
Pam, you will love that natural light, trust me, plus you get a birdseye view of what's going on as well! LOL, had my neighbor behind us (Young Vet going to college) ask me one day over the back fence what I was doing sitting at the window all day. The first gut reaction was , "Keeping an eye on you!", shoulda seen the look on his face, then had to back up and tell him I was quilting. His eyes lit up and said, "My Gramma used to quilt, rest her soul!". Hmmmmm, yeah, that's all it took for me, he'll get one just to see the smile on his face! As Blondie says, it's the small things! Amy, take it easy and don't overdo! Hugs n Blessings to all, and especially those that need them! Ta y'all! :D

MayinJerset
April 14th, 2015, 10:58 AM
My bones told me it was raining even before I could look at the window. Trying to get all the laundry I washed and dried yesterday put away but doesn't seem to be enough room in my closet. Guess I'll fold the stuff I wear around the house and put them in a basket on the closet floor.

Thought I was doing a good thing when I paid our real estate taxes due May 1 a bit early. Just received my statement back showing the taxes as paid and another letter from the tax dept. that the May 1 payment had been adjusted due to our Homestead Benefit. Next time I'll not be so quick with my payment.

Getting late so I better get going and get some things done today. 107119

MayinJerset
April 14th, 2015, 11:06 AM
I think it's St. Joseph you are supposed to plant. Isn't St. Anthony the saint for lost items/causes?

I thought it was St. Michael you planted so your house would sell.

You're right about St. Anthony (or as we used to say in Brooklyn St. Antney). As kids we would chant, "St. Antney, St. Antney come around, Something's lost and can't be found", although I really don't think St. Anthony was worried if we couldn't find our skate key or some other item.

sewbizzy
April 14th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Good Morning Everyone! I am not into gardening...I let the planting and care of them to my dh...

It was in the high 70's yesterday here, so I washed some of our blankets and dried them outside...love the fresh air smell...
I am working on a couple preemie quilts for Divine Daisy's Project Linus Day...am going to mail them by the end of April...
also, I am making some pillowcases and small quilts for the PICU unit...
Soon I am going to start a red and white quilt for myself...I have been looking at all the pictures on Pinterest to try and choose what I want to do....there are so many pretty ones...
I'm having lunch with a very old friend today----haven't seen her for quite a while....it will be fun to hear what is new in her life...
I hope you all have a great day!

MRoy
April 14th, 2015, 12:05 PM
Good morning! It's a very rainy day here. Rhonda sent the rain over from her side of the state. Nothing exciting going on here. I plan to finish quilting a donation quilt I have on the frame. This will be #4 done this year for donation. I have another top almost put together. I'm trying to make a few in fabrics that are more suitable for boys to donate to the Children's Advocacy Center.

toggpine
April 14th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Good morning!
According to the weather guy, it's going to be a real mixed bag today. Sun interspersed with heavy rain showers and the occasional thunder-bumper. The better news is that the mountains will be getting snow over the next few days.

I have a short time here this morning, and then we'll pick up one of Em's little friends and meet a couple of others at the bowling alley to play putt-putt golf. It's all indoors so the weather won't matter. The kids have been looking forward to this since we took them bowling for Em's birthday.

Blessings & hugs to all of you how need them today, and really, who doesn't?
C

Simply Quilting
April 14th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Good Morning! I was up bright and early, then the lady called to tell me, one of her children was sick so she was taking them to the doctor - I really hope it is nothing contagious as I watched her children yesterday. So I headed back to bed for a bit. We had fun last night putting together the seven freezer meals - one meal we actually fixed for supper. It was good which having never fixed any of these meals, sometimes you wonder how they will taste or if the children will it them. The children loved the baked veggie rotini which I was not sure they would as it had mushrooms, zucchini and yellow squash - they even asked for seconds and thirds. Today we will be having the beef and broccoli stir-fry.

I've got brownies baking in the oven right now to fix a dessert for the mom's night tonight. No big plans just do a little more cleaning for tonight like vacuuming the bits of fabric from where I was cutting fabric.

Monique, if only the quilt tops could quilt themselves. I think that I have about 10 downstairs that need to be quilted. I love to do the quilt top and binding but have a long way to go on mastering the quilting.

Hugs and prayers to those who need them.

Have a wonderful day everyone :)

ceiliam
April 14th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Good morning all. Glad to hear all busy. I have been flat in bed with flu since Sunday, did not even check here on Sunday, jut to much energy, bad enough my sweet 89 year old mom came and fed the animals, bless her. I keep saying i hope when i get to be her age i have her energy...oh wait its to late. Have done no sewing since friday, however not going to happen today either. Blondie be careful, Carol good luck on house. Wendy just keepin doing what you are doing moving ahead. Hugs and prayers to all. Cecelia

Jean Sewing Machine
April 14th, 2015, 02:02 PM
I thought it was St. Michael you planted so your house would sell.

You're right about St. Anthony (or as we used to say in Brooklyn St. Antney). As kids we would chant, "St. Antney, St. Antney come around, Something's lost and can't be found", although I really don't think St. Anthony was worried if we couldn't find our skate key or some other item.st. Joseph! Worked for me and my family!

Carol336
April 14th, 2015, 03:12 PM

DUH - It is St Joseph...guess I better dig poor ole St Anthony up - LOL

Sandy Navas
April 14th, 2015, 04:08 PM
DUH - It is St Joseph...guess I better dig poor ole St Anthony up - LOL

Cathy,

No, leave him. He might find a buyer for you!!!

Sandy Navas
April 14th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Good Mornng All! More rain again today,but that's ok fine with me. Yesterday was a busy, busy no sewing day, so,errands done and I have the time to do my thang at the machine!! The only absolute thing I have to do is make the crockpot work, hand to forehead here, lol!
Pam, you will love that natural light, trust me, plus you get a birdseye view of what's going on as well! LOL, had my neighbor behind us (Young Vet going to college) ask me one day over the back fence what I was doing sitting at the window all day. The first gut reaction was , "Keeping an eye on you!", shoulda seen the look on his face, then had to back up and tell him I was quilting. His eyes lit up and said, "My Gramma used to quilt, rest her soul!". Hmmmmm, yeah, that's all it took for me, he'll get one just to see the smile on his face! As Blondie says, it's the small things! Amy, take it easy and don't overdo! Hugs n Blessings to all, and especially those that need them! Ta y'all! :D

We all know that the reason Pam had her machine moved is so she can catch someone taking a walk with no shirt on, right? She's been reading all about the naked man that Pat has passing by.

Carol336
April 14th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Cathy,

No, leave him. He might find a buyer for you!!!

................touche!!!