PDA

View Full Version : What's a Night Owl to do when.....

MayinJerset
April 14th, 2015, 02:05 AM
the mind is willing but the body isn't. Got a big pile of paperwork set aside and for the past few days I've told myself I'll deal with them when I'm up at night. Also have a dryer filled with my undies that need to be put away but here I sit at the computer ignoring them. Much nicer seeing what everyone has been up to than boring old bills and underwear.

What have you other Night Owls been up to?

stationarymom
April 14th, 2015, 02:26 AM
Good evening,I completely understand your problem,I have gotten terrible at getting what I need but can wait done since I don't work any more.It seems that I can always find something else that needs to be done and let myself let it go it's terrible.Haven't been up to much here I'm still waiting to get the stitches out of my hand,that happens Wed. finally.

MayinJerset
April 14th, 2015, 02:30 AM
There you are, you have a handy (pardon the pun) excuse for not doing things while I don't. Hope your hand if AOK when the stitches come out.

toggpine
April 14th, 2015, 02:31 AM
Stopping by to tell all y'all good night!

Not nearly as productive today as yesterday. Tomorrow we are going putt-putt golfing with the kids. Spring break, whoo hoo.

kimsophia
April 14th, 2015, 02:32 AM
Let's see, quiltwise I've been repairing some screw-ups I did before...I hadn't sewn some rows, only glued the seams, so I thought they were done so I sewed them to another row and...discovered all the perpendicular seams weren't sewn. Ack. Weirdly, I have no memory of doing this gluing...and now I look at other rows and they are only glued too...

Otherwise, I made some chicken/cream cheese/ crescent rolls that DH likes. Watched some movies. Played some games. At this rate this quilt will last all year!

Hope everyone is enjoying the night. :) @,@

stationarymom
April 14th, 2015, 02:41 AM
There you are, you have a handy (pardon the pun) excuse for not doing things while I don't. Hope your hand if AOK when the stitches come out.

Thanks everything will be fine (I hope) it was a minor surgery I'll just be happy to be able to use my hand again.

Quiltfreestyle
April 14th, 2015, 03:02 AM
Hey May, Ive started procrastinating on boring stuff too since I retired,,, haha.
Cathy, I hope you are feeling better...
Hoping Joan is back to using all her appendages soon too
I spent the evening finishing up the pot holders & trivets I'm giving my son as a houswarming gift. He & his fiancÚ just built a new house & the wedding is less than 2 weeks away.
Just finished packing & tomorrow we are off to visit them in Arizona, so I'm heading off to bed. Can't hardly wait!!

GuitarGramma
April 14th, 2015, 04:03 AM
I'm up trying desperately to finish our 2014 taxes. I think I'm done, and I thought I'd come visit with the other night owls while the printer is printing SIXTY-NINE pages for DH to review tomorrow. Even though I do our taxes, we're both more comfortable having a second pair of eyes go over the first draft.

Someday soon, I'll be done. Actually, it better be REALLY SOON because the clock just ticked past midnight here in California, so that means the taxes are due TOMORROW. But, as the Aussies say, I have two sleeps before I have to submit them!

Granny Judy
April 14th, 2015, 04:29 AM
Recovery from the upper endoscopy was very short, except for getting home and going back to "sleep" while watching tv. Don't remember much except the ulcer is almost gone..only a little irritation where it once lived. Yeah!! the home remedy works!! (I can't take any of the PPI's.. such as Nexium)

Woke up around 8:30 pm and have been awake all night... That helps with my sewing... more time to get that machine purring.

The Binding tool quilt is coming along nicely... putting the top up on the design board tomorrow. Next step- getting the placement just right. LOL. I've sewn as much as I can for tonight..

Maybe I will get my fabric tomorrow so I can finish the Hunter's star top. Just backing fabric needed for it!! Then there is some house work to do. But that can wait...