PDA

View Full Version : Help...What Does It Mean

Bubby
April 12th, 2015, 06:20 PM
....when your computer won't shut off? I have tried Task Manager and Cntrl-Alt-Del and I can't get it to do anything. I can launch the internet and it will go everywhere except for Norton Antivirus. Any input would be helpful and appreciated. My guru doesn't work on Monday, so I'm up a tree until Tuesday.

CarolynK
April 12th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Not sure if I'm going to be much help, but when my laptop does that I actually have to hold down the power button until it shuts off and it finally does.

bubba
April 12th, 2015, 06:30 PM
Yep....that is what my guru would do too. Just hold down the power button till it shuts off. Give it a bit and then turn it back on. That was one of the things mine did after going to somebody's BlogSpot page, which was part of an ugly virus (yes, we have virus protectors, it went right thru it!), which is why I don't go to BlogSpot pages anymore.

K. McEuen
April 12th, 2015, 06:30 PM
Just do a hard shut down. Unplug it. If it is a laptop just hold the power button down until it shuts off. Then boot it back up and let it run through everything and then try shutting it down normal again. Chances are it will shut down just fine. Sometimes things just get stuck.

Bubby
April 12th, 2015, 06:34 PM
Thanks everyone. I held the Power button down until it shut off and rebooted. Everything seems to be good again!

cindyinohio
April 12th, 2015, 06:48 PM
My husband's locked up a while back and he got frustrated and removed the battery. Has worked fine since.