PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday - Good Morning, World

Blondie
September 27th, 2011, 06:59 AM

Hi folksies

Have been up forever, just watching the lightning and listening to the thunder here. Kinda spooked about being online with that kind of activity. Got the Gracie out too early for her but I don't think she would like to be out if'n it comes up a storm.

If it isn't too stormy by later this morning, I will be at DD's. I need to hurry and make some cookies up since I ate all of hers yesterday (with the help of sis). Her BF went to grab a handful and couldn't believe we ate all of them. Silly fella, those break apart Nestles cookie dough aren't real cookies. They just taste good. I will make some peanut butter with chockie chips in them and he will not think of us as cookie monster women.

Off to get Gracie in. Oww! That was a BIG strike somewhere close. Byes.

KiltedQuilter
September 27th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Luckily for me I only have rain. I don't really like big storms, too many BIG tree around here!:icon_scared:

My mother is coming to stay for a couple of days again! Yay! Sometime after dinner tonight, hope the rain is stopped by then.
I am tidying the house today(we have new windows being fitted to the whole place next Monday! Argh! At least we will be warm for the winter, last year was bad, I taped the gaps but it was still frrrrreeeezing!
Listening to James Morrison, love his voice.
I'll most probably be popping on throughout the day, too much tidying is SO brain numbingly dull!

BTW...my friend had a girl yesterday(early) :icon_woohoo: I have pink bootees crocheted, need to get that blanket done now!

Bubby
September 27th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Good Morning....Our storms from yesterday must be in NC, Blondie! It's a good thing...we needed the moisture.

I have a busy day again today and slim to no possibiity of sewing. My house also needs attention and the laundry is breeding. DD says it's time for me to make a pot of chile since our weather has cooled.

I hope you all have a great Tuesday...Hugs, Barb

quiltingtrish
September 27th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Happy Tuesday everyone!
Opened the door to let the crying kitty out and no sooner did he get 1 foot out the door - BOOM! BOOM! went the thunder and he turned around before the lightening flashed. Too funny. Guess he'll use the litter box this morning. I think I will be getting wet between the car and the school door, it is pouring out there now. Rats!

My - oh my! The visit with Katie last night was such a blessing. I have been praying that she is shown a direction in her life and as I mentioned on yesterdays thread, she is not only thinking about coming home - she is thinking about joining the Marines after she graduates. She has been talking to her brother and he seems to like where he is stationed so that's good.

The 2 charity quilts I posted in my album was a fun quilt to do. When I got the premade blocks from another guild member, I was instructed to sew them - one goes hortizonally and the next one vertically - and keep going that way. I didn't think they were sewed correctly because I had to do alot of trimming, but when I got the whole top together, I loved it. The one with the purples has some sort of animals in them I think and the green one has zoo animals in it. The blocks were a simple square with a strip sewn on either side - and that's it. Very easy block. I think I will get the dimensions from the gal as to what the sizes were so I can make a few more.

Oh rats - better get ready for work and grab the umbrella. I will be looking forward to tonight - Odie will be calling before he heads back out to Arizona tomorrow for 4 weeks. Won't hear from him until he returns from there. Good thing I have his voice recorded on the home and cell phone. It's nice to push a button and hear him say "HI MOM!" when I'm missing him.

Have a great day everyone. I'll check back in later tonight.
Hugs,

bec
September 27th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Good morning all! Today I have a hair appointment and some errands to do. I think it is suppose to be dry today. Yesterday turned out to be a nice Fall day and I suspect today will be the same. I'm going to buy paint for the TV room and maybe go to the quilt store if I have time.

Kiltedquilter, those windows will make a world of difference. We live in a house that was built in 1939 and had the original windows in it. When we moved in (about 20 years ago) we stripped all the inside and redid the plumbing and electric, but left the old windows in. We couldn't afford to get new ones. Well, we nearly froze to death that winter. The windows were very drafty and on a blustery day we could feel the wind blow through the window seams and the hardwood floors, as well. We had a wood stove for heat and had it going full blast, but it was still near freezing a floor level and only about 50 degrees or so at shoulder level. You better believe that we had carpet down before the next winter, but we weren't able to replace the windows yet. Once we replaced the windows, it made such a difference. You will be warm and cozy for the next winter.

Trish, I like you charity quilts. I can see how they'd be hard to put together.

Barb, can I come to your house for chili? I love chili. When I was a kid we had chili night every week. I always looked forward to that night. YUM!

Okay, need to jump in the shower and make out a grocery list.

See ya!

Shirley
September 27th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Good Morning all,
No thunder or lightning here!! It is so very dry but the weather is so blessed cooler. We are thankful for that! The horrible heat is gone.
Trish, I know what you mean about having a voice saved on your phone. I have a couple of my Mom's messages saved and listen to them when I just miss her so much. Wish I had a couple other voice messages that I could listen to.
Today I volunteer at the hosipital, then doing some errands. Zumba tonight at 6.
Everyone enjoy your day and do some quilting if you can squeeze it in. I hope to later. :icon_cool:

Monique
September 27th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Good morning. I would like to know how I can get so sidetracked. Yesterday I had the bright idea of taking a old table out of the shed and putting it upstairs to sew on. Well, I am not so sure it will make it up the stairs. It doesn't fold either. So that project was scrapped. I ended up listening to my mom's 45's instead. What memories that brought.

Well neighbour just came in for coffee, so I will finish this post later.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Loonwatcher
September 27th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Good Morning All,

Went to JoAnn's last night of 3/4 yard for a binding. Came home with that plus fabric for two more table runners and some fusible fleece. Had to sneak that bag into the house.

Work today. Hope to get my binding strips cut tonight as I have better (bigger) cutting tools at home than I do at camp. Also have an idea for napkin rings to go with the placemats I started last weekend. Tomorrow night is the napkin making class so I'd like to bring my rings for show & tell because I don't reall see that napkin making could possibly take up the whole class.

Have a great day,

toggpine
September 27th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Morning everyone!

We have been dealing with the last gasp of a typhoon from Japan for the last few days. I'm glad it was the last gasp, as it still packed some decent winds and heavy rains. Things around here sure appreciated the drink of water though.

I have the milk tester coming today and then a visit to the dentist. Barb, I think we have a laundry breeding program here too. When my husband gets back from camping today there will be a whole new crop and it will soggy and smoky. Ugh.

Off to get the day going! Have a great one! Cathy

meemeecyn
September 27th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Good morning! Goodness, there is laundry breeding all over the country!! No more procrastinating here in New England. What must be done, needs to be done today. (Hope that includes some sewing, too!)
Anxious to hear what you do for napkin rings, Nancy. We are making some for the hospital craft fair, along with napkins! Great way to use up the donated fabric.
Have a wonderful day, everyone.
Cynthia

Sandy Navas
September 27th, 2011, 11:47 AM
It's still early for me and I check in here to find almost all my buddies have already been here and gone! I am going to have to start getting up earlier or something. I don't have a plan formulated for the day - just those little things that are nibbling at the back of my mind. I have my Big Bro and Li'l Sis and their respective mates coming for lunch on Friday so have to nail down what I'm going to fix. I love the idea of Barb's chili and may just run over to her house to taste some to see if I like her's better than mine. Actually I think I make the best chili in the world. When I was a kid we always had a bottle of vinegar on the table on chili night.

I woke up a couple times over night and was suddenly aware that I was formulating quilt blocks in my resting mind. That's so much fun. I just wish I spent as much time actually sewing as I do dreaming and planning for it. Got excited about the Daily Deal today but I'm having trouble getting through to finish my order. They must be swamped or something. I just hope they still have the fabric I need when I do get through. I love all the changes they have been making on the site - and know from experience just how easily it is to have something flub up when you least expect it.

Just got off the telephone with Li'l Sis. She's so funny at times. Back up, Sandy. We FINALLY got the new LAQ all set up and operational. The technician did a VERY quick run-through on instructions and it was apparent there wasn't much additional he could show us (plus he had a friend with him and they were both chomping at the bit to get to the 'feed house'). So, we played by ourselves for several hours and had a bit of success but realized we had a lot to learn. Sis was gone off and on for the next several days and didn't have a lot of time to play. She did call yesterday and tell me what time she had gotten in was very frustrating. This morning she said if you had the right person, who was totally knowledgeable, to tell you what to do it would go easier. She's watching the DVD that came with the instruction booklet and said there was a very sweet little gray-haired lady who knew how to solve all our problems. That's truly good news!!!!

Had another change in the DGDs request for Halloween costumes. Emily, who originally needed no help, has decided to change her costume from an 80's punk rocker to being Pebbles from the Flintstones. DD said Em wanted to call me about six or seven times yesterday to give me instructions on how to make a bone for her hair. This child's mind never slows down for a second. She is going to be some sort of negotiator when she grows up. Before she opens her mouth about anything she has already formulated the response she needs from you and has all types of arguments pre-arranged in case you don't see things her way.

I'm off here to find something exciting to do today! Life in itself is exciting. I'm excited for everyone who has checked in today - special love to Trish!!! And am still sending up loads of prayers for Jan's little Emily. Haven't had an update for several hours. Our Baby Agnes seems to be over her last bump and every time I see her I think she's grown twice her size. She's so bald and so absolutely adorable.

rebeccas-sewing
September 27th, 2011, 12:05 PM
I'm so glad Katie is finally changing for the better. Sounds like she's making some positive plans. I know what a struggle you've had. Since I've "been there, done that" I can truly understand how you're feeling. Some children just have so much trouble getting through their teens. We'll keep positive thoughts headed your way.
Happy Tuesday everyone!
Opened the door to let the crying kitty out and no sooner did he get 1 foot out the door - BOOM! BOOM! went the thunder and he turned around before the lightening flashed. Too funny. Guess he'll use the litter box this morning. I think I will be getting wet between the car and the school door, it is pouring out there now. Rats!

My - oh my! The visit with Katie last night was such a blessing. I have been praying that she is shown a direction in her life and as I mentioned on yesterdays thread, she is not only thinking about coming home - she is thinking about joining the Marines after she graduates. She has been talking to her brother and he seems to like where he is stationed so that's good.

The 2 charity quilts I posted in my album was a fun quilt to do. When I got the premade blocks from another guild member, I was instructed to sew them - one goes hortizonally and the next one vertically - and keep going that way. I didn't think they were sewed correctly because I had to do alot of trimming, but when I got the whole top together, I loved it. The one with the purples has some sort of animals in them I think and the green one has zoo animals in it. The blocks were a simple square with a strip sewn on either side - and that's it. Very easy block. I think I will get the dimensions from the gal as to what the sizes were so I can make a few more.

Oh rats - better get ready for work and grab the umbrella. I will be looking forward to tonight - Odie will be calling before he heads back out to Arizona tomorrow for 4 weeks. Won't hear from him until he returns from there. Good thing I have his voice recorded on the home and cell phone. It's nice to push a button and hear him say "HI MOM!" when I'm missing him.

Have a great day everyone. I'll check back in later tonight.
Hugs,

rebeccas-sewing
September 27th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Sandy, it would be so great if you could fill us in on your beginning experiences with the LAQ. I'd love to hear all the issues you have as you're learning to use it. Maybe something along the lines of a small diary. For example, today we did such and such with the LAQ. For those of us who are thinking of taking the plunge I'm sure whatever you could share would be helpful and interesting for us to hear.
It's still early for me and I check in here to find almost all my buddies have already been here and gone! I am going to have to start getting up earlier or something. I don't have a plan formulated for the day - just those little things that are nibbling at the back of my mind. I have my Big Bro and Li'l Sis and their respective mates coming for lunch on Friday so have to nail down what I'm going to fix. I love the idea of Barb's chili and may just run over to her house to taste some to see if I like her's better than mine. Actually I think I make the best chili in the world. When I was a kid we always had a bottle of vinegar on the table on chili night.

I woke up a couple times over night and was suddenly aware that I was formulating quilt blocks in my resting mind. That's so much fun. I just wish I spent as much time actually sewing as I do dreaming and planning for it. Got excited about the Daily Deal today but I'm having trouble getting through to finish my order. They must be swamped or something. I just hope they still have the fabric I need when I do get through. I love all the changes they have been making on the site - and know from experience just how easily it is to have something flub up when you least expect it.

Just got off the telephone with Li'l Sis. She's so funny at times. Back up, Sandy. We FINALLY got the new LAQ all set up and operational. The technician did a VERY quick run-through on instructions and it was apparent there wasn't much additional he could show us (plus he had a friend with him and they were both chomping at the bit to get to the 'feed house'). So, we played by ourselves for several hours and had a bit of success but realized we had a lot to learn. Sis was gone off and on for the next several days and didn't have a lot of time to play. She did call yesterday and tell me what time she had gotten in was very frustrating. This morning she said if you had the right person, who was totally knowledgeable, to tell you what to do it would go easier. She's watching the DVD that came with the instruction booklet and said there was a very sweet little gray-haired lady who knew how to solve all our problems. That's truly good news!!!!

Had another change in the DGDs request for Halloween costumes. Emily, who originally needed no help, has decided to change her costume from an 80's punk rocker to being Pebbles from the Flintstones. DD said Em wanted to call me about six or seven times yesterday to give me instructions on how to make a bone for her hair. This child's mind never slows down for a second. She is going to be some sort of negotiator when she grows up. Before she opens her mouth about anything she has already formulated the response she needs from you and has all types of arguments pre-arranged in case you don't see things her way.

I'm off here to find something exciting to do today! Life in itself is exciting. I'm excited for everyone who has checked in today - special love to Trish!!! And am still sending up loads of prayers for Jan's little Emily. Haven't had an update for several hours. Our Baby Agnes seems to be over her last bump and every time I see her I think she's grown twice her size. She's so bald and so absolutely adorable.

bakermom
September 27th, 2011, 02:20 PM
feeling like i've already worked for the day. Was thinking about getting up when DD1 called"hey, are you up and walking the dog yet?" uh no why? "i'm out walking with the baby and thought we might see you" so i hurry and dress, grab the dog and met her a couple blocks from home. she lives a couple miles from me so she had been walking a bit. we ended up walking another 45 min or so and parted midway between her house and mine. It's bright and sunny here today so it was fun. He's growing so fast!!

I have some bread baking now, can't wait to eat it. I LOVE warm, homemade bread. just opened my last jar of apple butter, i'm thinking that will be a great lunch!

HandsOffItsMine
September 27th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Aloha all,

Big clouds over the ocean this morning, none over head. :)

Got my Green fabric at Walmart plus a jelly roll for $12 and two stacks for $8 - Black, White, Yellow print so cute. Have no idea what I'm going to make with it but it looks cute on the shelf.

Ahh, Halloween costumes, do I remember those days. My DD would change her mind up to the date. LOL I would make multiples thoughout the year 'cause she liked to play dress up. That way I would be safe.

I need to vacuum the area I've been sewing in, I having made the sewing bag yet so I have threads every where, which means they are in the livingroom. The ex-Army hubby is giving me the LOOK! I better get going before he comes back from his 4 mile walk.

TTYL, have a wonderful day all. Ruby

janluna
September 27th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Hi everyone, I was off all day yesterday. I did 5 loads of wash. I want to know how 2 people can use so many towels? I walk around in my 6x t-shirts all day, so I can blame Joe for the tons of clothes!! I love my 6x tees. They are big and roomy. They come to my knees. They are great to sleep in. Oh so comfy. Joe was being funny one day when he went to the big and tall store for clothes he needed. He saw the tees and decided to buy me 4 of them. He started out with 5x but they were a little too short, so he when he went back 6 months later, he picked up 6x for big and tall. I'm a happy camper. I get to walk around like a floozy. LOL
The doctors decided Emily can wait 2 weeks before she has blood work so we won't know how she's doing until next week. grr. Doctors! bah humbug!
I'm glad baby Agnes is doing better. Prayers work. Thank you God.
I'm a hurting turkey today. After all the work yesterday, I followed it up with scrubbing floors today. I finally had to lay down after I put dinner in the oven.
It raining here and they are expecting thunder boomers tonight. I canceled our tuesday get together because I hurt and the roads will be hard for the girls to see tonight and because we are going on a shop hop tomorrow. I want to rest up for that. We'll go hit up a few shops and then go to lunch and go home.
Love, Hugs, and Prayers for everyone. Barb how is your husband doing? And little Molly?
Trish, I'm so glad Katie seems to be coming around. You'll have to put her room back together.
Sandy you sound more relaxed. I'm glad Agnes is better and you must have rested up from the
kiddy round up. Not to mention the puppy roundup.
Bye for now, Jan L.

Monique
September 27th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Well as I stated this morning about the table not fitting up the stairs. I waited until hubby had left the house and got my neighbour to help me take it upstairs. It did fit and I knew it would but MEN you just can't tell them nuthin'.

So all day I have tackled the room upstairs that will now be my sewing room with still room for the air mattress when Sadie comes to visit. Woohoo.

Now it is time to relax and watch Dancing with the Stars.

Night night, until tomorrow.