PDA

View Full Version : Saturday morning hello....

buckeyequilter
April 11th, 2015, 08:13 AM
http://www.popularvirals.com/images/days/good-morning/have-a-good-morning-0743.gif

Getting ready to head out to my sewing room. My spring flowers, between the house and my sewing room, look gorgeous. Puts a smile on my face just to see them.

I'm in the mood to sew for a while today. I like to get up early on the week-ends and squeeze the most of my 2 days off. Other than sewing and maybe doing a quick clean of the house I have no plans for the week-end YEAH!!!! Love those lazy week-ends.

Well off to get started....have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs

Amy R
April 11th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Go Shirley!!!! Not sure what the plan is today but hope to get some sewing in.

Ginny B
April 11th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Good morning. I've got some hyacinths adding their beauty to my garden today. The daffodils will not be far behind. Shirley, sounds like a good weekend. :). No plans to go anywhere this weekend so I hope to get a bunch of housework, some yardwork and, of course, sewing done.

First, I will sip my tea and read a bit here. Have a good day everyone.

Granny Fran
April 11th, 2015, 09:33 AM
Have fun everyone. My grape hyacinths are working up, the daffodils got pounded by the recent rain (but rallied) and the saucer magnolia is budding out gorgeously. Each year we wonder if a late frost will attack the magnolia when in bloom. If it does all the blooms look like dead bats. LOL

Putting the last 3 bags of mulch down today and hope NOT to have more to buy. Had to stop because of the rain, but it looks so nice and neat in the flower beds and along the fence.

Maybe get some sewing in, but if the weather holds, will be out in the sun.

Hope everyone in the Midwest with all the tornadoes are doing well and safe. TTFN

irishrn
April 11th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Good morning! Dreary here this morning, but we managed to skip the nighttime storms. They stayed north of us!!
Kitchen painting marathon starts today. If I get her done I can get back to my sewing room!!
Need to be cleaned up by Wednesday night as we start another round of MD appts and tests for DH. Hopefully we will finally determine the cause of his chest pain and low heart rate! He has been so fatigued these past two months!
House painters should arrive this week. Hopefully the weather will hold for them. Then we can get to the outside! No sense starting when the painters aren't done yet.
So I hope everyone has a great weekend! Sunny, warm and all good things!!!

Spiff
April 11th, 2015, 10:17 AM
The doors on our boat fold back and open to let air in. My husband has been asking me for two years to make something that can be hung from there to keep the bugs out at night if we open the doors and sit out on the back of the boat. So I ordered some mosquito type netting and sat down last weekend and put something together. Am planning on taking it down the the boat today and try hanging it to see if it will work. I suspect I may need to do some tweaking on my original idea but have my fingers crossed :icon_bigsmile:

ceiliam
April 11th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Morning all beautiful morning here, going with sister later to help serve at a lunch after funeral. She cons me into lots of things as i am not working making little bags saw on crafty gemini. Also working on, rail fence in creams tans and reds. As usual i always think i can do more than. I can . hope to get kitchen cleaned. Hope you all have safe fun day. Prayers and hugs to all who need them. Cecelia

Bubby
April 11th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Morning,

Just popping in to say hi and wish everyone a great Saturday. We're in the woods burning some tree tops...Jeff is supervising. I needed a little break and a few more bottles of water.

Carrie J
Morning All, beautiful cool Spring morning here. Will be harvesting some of my white Irises, they have a lovely spice scent and the only variety I have that last about 3 days in a vase. Yellow, red and peach roses are budded out like crazy, they too will be popping soon with a flood of color, peonies coming on strong as well. Soon the yard will have color galore, just before the transition to higher temps. Then it's the crepe myrtles, lantana, phlox, verbena, triple tiger lilies glads, day lilies, lipstick sages turn. Glad I put all that in before I could no longer mess with gardening. Coffee soon to arrive, then off to sew. Going to be a great day, sunny til this afternoon then rain again for about three days. When it comes, headed to the LQS.................I'm needing some batiks, notice the word "need", LOL! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, Hugs and Blessings to all, and especially those that need them! :D

Quiltlover
Wow! Trying not to be jealous of the boat with the mosquito netting and open doors. BooHoo Anyway, sounds like you are all going to be busy sewing this weekend. Not sure what I will do. We here in Alabama are way ahead of most of you with our spring flowers. We have gone through cherry trees, daffodils, azaleas, and are very leafy with new spring growth and with recent rains, the weeds are jumping also. Love this time of year because it makes you want to get out and into the nice breezy weather before our killer humidity kicks in. Enjoy your weekend!! Brenda

Lonna
April 11th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Good Morning All,

Normal work day this morning for me. Although we do have an auction today. Not sure if we will have a normal turnout this month or not. This weekend is a busy festival weekend. In my little town is the Ponchaotula Strawberry festival the parade starts at 9:30 our auction is at 10:00. So I will be here until 2 then I will take the back way home from Hammond to Ponchatoula as what normally takes five mins to drive through Ponchatoula will take at least 45 mins to an hour today. We only have 7 signal lights through town. But there will be over 300,000 people who will visit over this weekend traffic will be backed up on to the interstate to get off into Ponchatoula. Tomorrow if the weather holds out we will be going into New Orleans to the French Quarter Fest. Although right now we have an 80 percent chance of rain. Looking forward to it haven't been in several years now. Time to get ready for this auction it is going to be bad it is all ready 9:40 and only have one person to show up so far.

MayinJerset
April 11th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Late morning Hello as I had to get a Pillowcase Sew In started at my guild. I couldn't stay and sew but I made sure everything was ready to go. One gal will store the sewn pillowcases in our closet before she closes the building up later this afternoon and I'll pick them up during the week when the building is open.

Such a nice Spring day and am enjoying having windows open and the sweet scent of the hyacinth plant DGD Catherine gave me for Easter. Will be doing some block trimming this afternoon and sewing area clean up.

toggpine
April 11th, 2015, 01:28 PM
It's supposed to be raining, a lot. Instead I see sparkling sunshine out there. That kind of ruins my plans for sewing today.

Hubby asked if we wanted to go to the Farmer's Market in Olympia today. So as soon as I have morning chores done, we'll pack up and head out for a while. If the rains don't come, then I'll get the hanging baskets planted today. I did get the house vacuumed and stuff put away yesterday, so that was something accomplished beyond the errands.

If Dizzy can read the calendar, we should have new baby goats in the next day or so. She is in the maternity ward eating hay and generally relaxing, although I may put her out to enjoy the sunshine for a while.

I hope you all have a great day!

Annette Ackley
April 11th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Hello, up early this morning, off to co- worker's house. We started making Roman shades for her windows. We had one large window done. Today, we cut and measured for 3 windows. Pinned the sides for hemming. So the co- worker has an assignment till I get back to help mark where the rods go. Next sewing project is sewing for turkey hunters!! Then I can sew for myself. It is 42 degrees here where I live. At least the sun is out!! Warmer tomorrow!!! Happy Saturday everyone!!

Sandy Navas
April 11th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Good Morning All,

Normal work day this morning for me. Although we do have an auction today. Not sure if we will have a normal turnout this month or not. This weekend is a busy festival weekend. In my little town is the Ponchaotula Strawberry festival the parade starts at 9:30 our auction is at 10:00. So I will be here until 2 then I will take the back way home from Hammond to Ponchatoula as what normally takes five mins to drive through Ponchatoula will take at least 45 mins to an hour today. We only have 7 signal lights through town. But there will be over 300,000 people who will visit over this weekend traffic will be backed up on to the interstate to get off into Ponchatoula. Tomorrow if the weather holds out we will be going into New Orleans to the French Quarter Fest. Although right now we have an 80 percent chance of rain. Looking forward to it haven't been in several years now. Time to get ready for this auction it is going to be bad it is all ready 9:40 and only have one person to show up so far.

You know you've got a bad case of quilter's bug when you read this as FAT QUARTER FEST.

toggpine
April 11th, 2015, 08:50 PM
Well, Hubby and I had differing Farmer's Markets in mid today! I thought we were going to Olympia, he wanted to go to Gig Harbor. It was all good. No trip to the quilt shop though!

I'm having a stuffy nose and a bit of a sore throat. The weather keeps shifting from sun to rain with the wind constantly blowing. I'm inside for a while! I did finish the aardvark and will get photos in a bit. He is cute. I love the Suncatcher craft eyes. She has such great colors!
Back to the sewing room to do some mucking about unless I take a nap......