PDA

View Full Version : Glad 2014 is over!

Leah53
April 10th, 2015, 11:04 PM
I just literally spent the whole day doing taxes, next year I'm just going to adopt an illegal and call it good.

MRoy
April 10th, 2015, 11:50 PM
Filing ours tomorrow....fingers crossed!

Leah53
April 11th, 2015, 12:25 AM
Good luck!

kaydee
April 11th, 2015, 12:44 AM
We spent last weekend doing taxes. Takes the whole weekend because my husband travels for his work and we have to file in every state he works in. Ugh!

irishrn
April 11th, 2015, 03:13 AM
I stick to my goal every year. Have everything put together by Valentine's Day and file by St Patrick's day. Already have refund in the bank! It's my winter/spring project money!!! Having the house painted this week weather permitting!

Spiff
April 11th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Almost done. We will get a bit back this year but that's only because I got so tired of always having to write a check, I had work start taking a bit extra out each paycheck.

Wrenmuzz
April 11th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Glad we have P.A.Y.E., pay as you earn. You only have to file a return if you're self-employed, it's the employers responsibility to ensure that their employees dues are paid. I must admit I just sit back now as we are both retired, although I do my friends tax return as he's a better plumber than he is a book-keeper!

SallyO'Sews
April 11th, 2015, 09:51 PM
LOL, Leah... The other night I offered to let my 33-year-old daughter adopt her 19-year-old brother so she could claim him as a dependent. She didn't think it would help.

CraftHer
April 11th, 2015, 10:27 PM
Did ours yesterday. Had an error on the online program and had to call the 800 number. My DH thought I was going to blow a gasket. But it's done!

RockinLou
April 12th, 2015, 12:56 AM
Will have to strap my husband down and fore him to hit submit... Procrastinating big time!! Grr... We won't get much but student loan and interest on the mortgage, we pay nothing because we are expats... But we also don't pay into social security...

WendyI
April 14th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Mine are done just waiting to be mailed. I get such a tiny refund it's hardly worth the trouble but sadly you have to do it! Next year refunds will be larger as my income drops so much being single and having a dependent.