PDA

View Full Version : The bi annual shoe dance

Divine Daisy
April 10th, 2015, 07:22 PM
Yep, it was that time again in Daisy World. Mr Daisy needed new shoes. Every couple of years we go through the same dance.

For three months I say 'you need new shoes' and he says' I know'. For two of those three months I tut a lot when he is putting on his shoes and he said 'what?' and I say 'you need new shoes' and he says 'I know'.

In the final month of the three months I hand him the polish and brushes a lot and he cleans said shoes and he says 'I need new shoes' and I say 'I know'.

In the final week of the final month I say 'I am not going out with you in those shoes' and he says Why?' and I say 'you need new shoes' and he says 'I know'.

On the final day of the final week of the final month I say 'get the car keys' and he says 'where we going?' and I say 'to buy you news shoes' and he says 'oh I need news shoes today?' and I say 'get in the bloody car we are going to get you news shoes' and he says 'now? right this minute?' and I say 'YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS'

Then we get to the shoe shop

Roll back two years:

I say 'these are nice' he wrinkles his nose and says 'na' and buys boring shoes.

Fast forward the two years to today;

I say 'these are nice' he wrinkles his nose and says 'na' and BUYS THE SHOES I LIKED TWO YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!

Ain't marriage grand?

Doloris
April 10th, 2015, 07:26 PM
:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_ rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

irishrn
April 10th, 2015, 07:47 PM
I am laughing because this is what my life is like every day! I can't imagine doing it over clothes or shoes too! But I'm sure that day is coming!
ME: Hon, here are your pills.
DH: why do I have to take these every day?
ME: they are for your blood pressure and your circulation.
DH : all of these??
ME: yes.
DH: well I think it's stupid!
I do not respond. And that's just the morning pills
Come 8pm were gonna do this again!!

dwil23
April 10th, 2015, 07:48 PM
So it takes him two years to think about it! Next time he buys the ones you liked today.

Confession time - I am almost as bad as he is. I despise buying shoes. It is a chore that I hate. I need new work shoes now, I needed them a few months ago. My feet hurt. I hate shopping for shoes. I am very hard to fit and it is so frustrating, going from store to store to store , trying on nearly a hundred pairs of shoes and then settling for the ones that hurt the least. And then paying two or three months fabric allowance really adds insult to injury. I would be happy wearing my birkenstocks 24-7, they just won't let me wear them to work. I did buy a pair of Birkenstock shoes a couple years back and they didn't work, either. A sole that doesn't flex on a pair of backless sandals is much different from a sole that doesn't flex on a pair of shoes laced to your feet.

K. McEuen
April 10th, 2015, 07:48 PM
He's just a little behind the times ...

sewbizzy
April 10th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Alison, you made my day...dh and I go through this same thing....he always says he doesn't need new shoes...are all men the same?

Sandy Navas
April 10th, 2015, 08:09 PM
Yes. But I got Al to buy new shoes . . . finally! And then I had to convince him that I was throwing out all his black socks and he wants to know why.

Me? I need new shoes. I can no longer reach my own feet due to fake knees - so I have to have something that I can slip on and off easily. I've been wearing Birkenstocks for the last 10 years - even in winter (no, I kid you not) and it's time to upgrade a bit. Crocks are out of style . . . have no idea what I can find!

Juliet Taylor
April 10th, 2015, 08:12 PM
LOL Luckily my DH buy a new pair all alone, he's independent on that... but when it comes to clothing... No way!
Luckily after years he started listening to me and now he shops independently in a very nice men's clothing shop I told him about so now for him buying clothes it's a pleasure not a torture

Quiltfreestyle
April 10th, 2015, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the chuckle Miss Daisy :)
My DH is that way with his T Shirts. Since we live in Southern California where the weather is usually nice he wears t shirts A LOT BUT he never wants to get rid of the raggedy ones & buy new. Last year when he was in the hospital I cleaned out his drawers & got rid of every raggedy t shirt & underwear. Then I bought new ones. Took him almost a week to notice. LOL

Jean Sewing Machine
April 10th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Love the story! Mine would never upgrade his shoes either. Then he began work in Texas on a long term assignment! He found the Justin boot outlet and bought umpteen pairs of very expensive cowboy boots, several 10 gallon hats and a Jeep! Just needed a little motivation, that was all it took!

bubba
April 10th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Yes. But I got Al to buy new shoes . . . finally! And then I had to convince him that I was throwing out all his black socks and he wants to know why.

Me? I need new shoes. I can no longer reach my own feet due to fake knees - so I have to have something that I can slip on and off easily. I've been wearing Birkenstocks for the last 10 years - even in winter (no, I kid you not) and it's time to upgrade a bit. Crocks are out of style . . . have no idea what I can find!

Danskos!!! Go try them on somewhere....find a style you like. They are pricey. Smile and leave. Go home and online to 6pm.com to check if your style is there. Last time I got mine for 50% off what the store wanted!

bubba
April 10th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Guess I'm lucky. When MM buys shoes, he buys two pair of the same shoes, once he finds some he likes so he has backup when it comes time for shoe shopping again!

alliek
April 10th, 2015, 09:51 PM
My DH is the same when it comes to shoes: I finally told him I wouldn't go out with him anymore because his old,old,dress shoes curled up at the front and he looked like a clown. Well that got his attention and he got another pair of shoes. I finally threw an old plaid shirt of his away when it showed up in the ironing pile. You could see through it and the collar was all frayed. You know what, he never missed it. Just resistance to change I guess, now we have another shirt, his very favorite, It is the shirt of some car race personality. Sigh.

MayinJerset
April 11th, 2015, 12:39 AM
A girlfriend's DH was like Mr. Daisy about shoes, she was reduced to drawing an outline of his shoes and used that to buy him new shoes, Can't say that they fit OK but he wore them anyway.

DH keeps his T shirts for years even if they don't fit any longer. One came in handy for DS#3's 25th high school reunion, it was the 1976 Bi centennial T from DS's grammar school. DS's wouldn't have fit him even if it was still around so he wore his Dad's which was a big hit at the reunion.

auntiemern
April 11th, 2015, 12:48 AM
Love the story Daisy. My DH is always buying shoes...not dress shoes....hunting shoes, hunting boots, fishing shoes and sneakers. When I ask when he got them, I get the same stock answer. I have these for a long time. I should start asking, when did you sneak them in the house, lol.
Sandy, I must concur with Pat on the Dansko's. They are amazingly comfortable. They are the shoes that 95% of all nurses, in any hospital I have been in wear. They had a scrub and shoe sale at CG when Gabe was in once, and I was going to buy a pair. The only reason I didn't was because out of any of the ones I really wanted, they did not have my size.

rebeccas-sewing
April 11th, 2015, 06:47 AM
hahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahah! Joe and I are in stitches. Also, this line in particular had me rolling on the floor "For two of those three months I tut a lot when he is putting on his shoes and he said 'what?' Where you used the word tut, Americans would be thinking you were passing gas. hahahahahaha

And yes, "Ain't marriage grand!"

kimsophia
April 11th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Danskos!!! Go try them on somewhere....find a style you like. They are pricey. Smile and leave. Go home and online to 6pm.com to check if your style is there. Last time I got mine for 50% off what the store wanted!

Thanks for the 6pm.com tip....just got DH new slippers for 55% off ($21.00). :) If I can find the same kind of shoe online he is amenable to me buying him a new pair...

meliswan
April 11th, 2015, 08:18 PM
What you should do is go buy another pair and every few days switch them. They should wear evenly and then you should be able to make it 4 yrs befor having to buy new ones!

SallyO'Sews
April 11th, 2015, 09:46 PM
I am laughing aloud right now because I just got off the phone with my son, who works in the men's shoe department at Macy's. He called to ask my DH's shoe size, since his wife spent some time with my DH today, went home and announced, "Your father needs new shoes!"

Great story, as always, Ms. Daisy.