PDA

View Full Version : Saturated with Joy

Miss Sheri
April 10th, 2015, 11:50 AM
My sweet friends,

I have been MIA, or hit and miss at best for the past several months, as I have been preparing for a wedding.
Yesterday, my oldest and first child was married to his adorable sweetheart in one of the beautiful temples of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The obvious happiness they were experiencing made my joy for them and gratitude to God for his many blessings soar.

Following the wedding and pictures, we had a lovely family luncheon for about 80 people. It was an opportunity to make things romantic and pretty, and it all turned out lovely.

But that was not our only joyful news for yesterday. I have two sons currently serving LDS missions, one in El Salvador/Belize, and the other in Long Beach, California. Well, yesterday, my darling daughter received her mission call too! She will be serving in Houston, Texas and she is thrilled! My husband said he needed to write a book, "Three missions, and a wedding!"

Beyond all of the above, today I am attending the wedding of a well loved niece. And, because of the two family weddings, back to back, ALL of my siblings (there are 8 of us) and my frail parents are all together in the same place for the first time in 16 years, and possibly for the last time. We are taking a family photo today, before the wedding.
Having my family around me, yesterday, and today, reminded me of just how dear they each are to me. We, remarkably all get along very well, and enjoy each others company. So, my joy in my family was very full.

And then, finally, it was brought home to my heart in profound ways, the treasure it is to have dear friends. The kind who will willingly, lovingly, sacrifice time and energy to come and assist me in pulling together our family luncheon, the kind who will travel a long way to be there for your special occasions, the kind who work with you in your employment, and make going to work a pleasure because of who you get to associate with, and will also come and laugh and cry with you on your special days.

My life is full of people who have beautiful souls. I am blessed beyond belief, and I am, truly, saturated with JOY!

I was so excited to come here, to the friends I have embraced on this lovely forum, to share my joy. When life slows down, just a bit, I will share some pictures of our special day. Love, prayers, and hugs to all of you! :icon_hug:

Sheri McCleery

Quiltfreestyle
April 10th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Congratulations to your son & your whole family!! Weddings are such joyous occasions & having friends & family around make the joy complete.
Our middle son (the only unmarried one) is getting married very soon. Can't wait for the wedding & getting to spend time with most of my family all at one time. 😄
God truly is good all the time. ..

snippet
April 10th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Isn't is wonderful to have your family around you? Congratulations on the wedding and the great mission work your kids are doing. May your joy continue to pour for years to come.

Grandma G
April 10th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Congratulations, Sheri, on all the fantastic news! What a wonderful family you have. I had noticed that you had not been on the forum lately and am so glad it was because of all your wonderful news. So happy for you and so lucky to call you a great forum friend!!

Carrie J
April 10th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Sheri, thank you for sharing your wonderful news, feelings and happiness. It's truly is a time to be treasured and remembered, so happy for you and yours! :D.

auntiemern
April 10th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Sheri, what a joyful story you have shared with us. I am so very happy that you were able to have such a joyous time with your loved ones. Congrats on the marriage and the missions. I think maybe your DH should write that book. You certainly are a very blessed family.

WendyI
April 10th, 2015, 02:40 PM
I can FEEL the joy from you jumping off my screen! So nice to see such a happy post! You are a very lucky lady indeed!

MayinJerset
April 10th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Such a happy joyful story about your family and waiting to read your DH's book, 3 Missions and a Wedding, Your children are doing a wonderful job on their missions.

DG#1 just called and he's leaving early tomorrow morning for his annual medical mission to Honduras. It's his way of PIF.

Sandy Navas
April 10th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Thanks so much for sharing your special day(s) and family with us. There's no greater feeling than having love all around you.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 10th, 2015, 03:08 PM
That is so great that you are all together as a family for these wonderful events! Best wishes to the newlyweds and good luck to the missionaries!

Grandma Nan
April 10th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Sheri you just sound happy. It is so wonderful when life works out that way and very happy that you are enjoying your family.