PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday again

Blondie
April 10th, 2015, 06:26 AM

Hello folksies,

Here it is Friday and I have to admit that sometimes I feel like a broken record. The things I do each day, the things that need to be done, the meals that need to be cooked, the dishes that always pile up (how does that happen with just the two of us), laundry, phone ringing off the hook, loose dogs running through our property, barking and mating under our bedroom windows waking me up and not being able to get a nap, allergies outta control making me feel like a hypochondriac with phantom symptoms, Gracie barking right in my ear while I try to take a nap because of dogs barking in the middle of the night but she is not running loose or mating, she is barking because some religious order is knocking on the door to proselytize me and while I am normally polite this time I am not. And I still can't get back to that nap.

Whew. Don't even ask what I will be doing today. It's Friday. That means another day of working on sweet ladies and listening to the moo moo's that have decided that they like the field behind the house right at the present. I am very very happy to visit with the cows each day. I don't know what kind they are but they are black and white and look like the eat more chikn cows in the chickfila ad.

Enjoy your weekend, folksies. I will. Stay out of weather storms - we've had some of those too and expecting more. Always knocks our cable out temporarily or for hours. Our DISH seems to rebound quicker.

Remembering those here who are in need of prayer and a loving touch. Smile at a stranger today. It may be just what they need.

Iris Girl
April 10th, 2015, 06:47 AM
Morning Blondie and others. Yes it is Friday I think. So messed up this week as not working regular days due to no car most days. Hopefully our mechanic will get that engine in it and we can have her back soon. So glad my boss is understanding and works with me. Finished the diamond quilt yesterday , needs a wash if the rain ever stops then into the box for Marilyn's PICU group.106857 Working on a housewarming wall hanging for someone special. Almost done quilting that. Need to get the SBS done. And the twister quilt I want to do. Its another rainy day here. Was woke up 5 mins early by our first T- storm, so thinking thats a definite sign of spring. Get to go to work 2 hours early to day we open 2 hours for a special customer appreciation sale. So hubby will drop me off and my son will pick me up. Thats it for me for now, need get a move on.Hugs to all in need.

KPH
April 10th, 2015, 07:02 AM
The serenading started early this morning 3:46. We finally gave in and got mom up at 4. Nothing we did seemed to stop the tide. Now she's had breakfast and is sleeping in her chair and I'm feeling pretty beat.

Gives me more time to work on Jim and Morgan's quilt, if I can keep my stitching sort of in the ditch, and straight in the cross hatching.

Still amazed every time I iron over that Frixion pen. It's as much fun as invisible ink was when I was young. lol

Have a great day!

Katrina

Andrea F
April 10th, 2015, 07:04 AM
Good morning Blondie and everybody checking in later,

It's a beautiful day here and the sun finally came out. I got up early and decided I needed a nap too after a couple of hours so I went back to bed (no work today). The first week of work after two weeks off was kind of tiring ;) I'm going to do some laundry today and some cleaning in the house because DS#2 is celebrating his birthday again tonight. His birthday was last Saturday but only half of his peers were able to come and the other half will come today. I had all the baking and cooking last week and he ordered food for tonights party. Yeah! Last Saturday he insisted on having a barbecue and the house was so full that Thomas and I ate outside in the garden, as he also had to watch the meat on the grill. Gosh, that was cold. I couldn't get warm for hours afterwards.

I'm plannig to work on a irish chain quilt for my bed today when the chores are done, the blocks are done and they need to be sewn together. I have the backup machine set up in the bedroom right below the window and I'm going to stay there sewing as long as it's light outside. When it gets dark I will go to my sewing room in the basement (there is no natural light) and probably start another bag. Our bedroom is right above the living room where all the young folks will be tonight. I guess I'm going to stay up late today.

Nothing more planned for the weekend besides more barbecue with the ex-BIL if the weather holds.

Have a wonderful weekend everybody!

buckeyequilter
April 10th, 2015, 07:19 AM
Good morning.....

I think it has finally stopped raining and supposed to be a little cooler today with some wind.....but YEAH it's Friday!!!

My niece received the monkey quilt yesterday and loved it....the baby should be released from the hospital soon. All of his tubes are out and he's in a regular crib (or whatever they call those bed things) at the hospital. My brother (grandpa) said I did good on the quilt:

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/members/buckeyequilter-albums-projects-completed-2015-picture106421-quilt-great-nephew-4-5-15.jpg

This week-end I'm going to start the quilting on another, of the many, quilts I have ready. I'm also working on another quilt so I will alternate between the two.

Well need to get ready for work....have a wonderful day!

PS: Wow that picture is big....this is the first time I've used the BB code under a picture to post it LOL

rebeccas-sewing
April 10th, 2015, 07:34 AM
Joe's home from Germany, the house is clean, the sheets fresh and the sun is shining. Blondie, you don't sound like you're doing much smiling right now. That's okay in my book. If you're walking around with a smile on your face 24/7 I might think you were a bit demented. hahaha Happy

That's a darling little quilt, Shirley! Have fun making that Irish Chain, Andrea. I still have not made one of those. I keep looking at the two jelly rolls sitting near my cutting table. I guess I'll get around to it eventually.

Happy Friday, everyone.

Monique
April 10th, 2015, 07:36 AM
Good morning friends. It was a very successful quilting day. We did get at least the quilt done. They are gathering again today and I am not sure if I am going today. It looks like it will be another grey day today. It rained hard through the night. At least it is not snow.

If I don't go quilting, then I will continue to cut fabric so I can rid of box.

Have a great day everyone.

CarolynK
April 10th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Good Morning Blondie and all!

I started my new job and it is going very well and I love it. The new morning routine and a longer drive doesn't give me much time in the morning for my usual cuppa and browsing here. Sigh. I'm now having my cuppa or two while moving about getting ready for work.

I'm hoping to get back in my sewing room this weekend...hoping. We'll see how that goes.

Keep smiling Blondie! You always make me smile as well as everyone else.

Have a great day and sending hugs, smiles and prayers to all who need them.

Carolyn

Madeforyouinma11
April 10th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Good morning everyone. Blondie, I'm glad to see that you are enjoying the cows..how fun that must be!
Well, my daughter does not have school today...some kind of teachers day..didn't know they did that in college too...lol Anyway, I don't have Julia today to I have a 3 day weekend. Back during spring break, I was able to get a lot of spring cleaning done and I've been doing a little bit more here and there to try and get it done. Today will be laundry and changing the sheets. Then I want to do some indoor planting. I should have already been done with that so I'm hoping that everything will still be ready in time for outdoor planting when the time comes. I also want to make some curtains for Julias room and the kitchen and dining room. We'll see how that goes. I can't do any quilting right now because my sewing machine is down but I have a backup machine that I can use for sewing. I am saving for a Janome 8900 QCP. The dealer that I go to has 2 more of the old models. I guess the new one is going to be the same, just a different color. He is going to sell it to me for $2500, which is $1500 off the regular price, but only if I get one before he sells them. I've almost got enough saved but not quite there yet.
Anyway, hoping everyone has a nice weekend. It's raining now, but we are supposed to have a beautiful, sunny weekend with temps in the 60's! Who hoo!

Simply Quilting
April 10th, 2015, 09:15 AM
Good Morning! It has been an out of sorts week for me. Usually I'm up and on the forum every morning but that sure has not happened this week, so I have a lot to go back and read. This week kicks off two months of lots of activities and events going on. By June, things should slow down.

I have managed to get part of the pieces of the orange peel quilt cut out this week. Just not sure when I will get the quilt put together.

Hugs and prayers to those who need them.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone :)

MayinJerset
April 10th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Raining again. Saw some flashes of lightening while I was night owling during the night so I'm wondering if those thunder storms are headed this way.

Glad Blondie amused me enough this morning as I much need something to get my day going with a smile. Not too happy with the red and white 9 patch blocks I worked on this week, planned to make
12 1/2" blocks to be cut into D9P's for a Quilt Of Valor quilt but that's not working. First mistake was that I cut a lot of strips to begin the blocks and cut them 4" instead of 4 1/2. Damp weather is affecting my hands so I didn't sew too straight at times so first D9P came out wonky. Glad I have a lot of the white fabric as I'll trim the 9 patch blocks down and cut same size solid white blocks for an Irish Chain quilt top. Was rushing too much as I wanted to hand the quilt top in tomorrow when guild members are meeting to work on QOV quilts. Now I will take my time and as there is plenty of time before they are due. LQS will quilt it as my quilting skills aren't up to QOV requirements. Oh, can't forget to make a matching pillowcase.

Bubby
April 10th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Morning Everyone,

I'm just passing through. Jeff has PT this morning and once I get him home and settled I have to head out for Cuba. I think we found a good tenant for one of our apartments and after all the work and happenings there, it feels good.

Most of the storms passed us by and we just caught a little of the special effects.

Carolyn, so happy to hear you are liking your new job! A person spends so much time on the job that it's terrible to be miserable there.

Wishing everyone a great Friday and a happy weekend.

irishrn
April 10th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Good morning all! Survived the first round of storms last night with more to come! It knocked out the TV while I was watching my usual Thursday night shows and didn't tape any of them completely. Guess I'll have to catch up on demand!
Yesterday was the worst day! Started out OK as I got DH ready for his MD appt. we decided to run errands before the appt. trip to Home Depot then drop off the DSM then Joanns to buy my iron. DH started having chest pain just as we reached the sewing center. Give him a shot of nitro, took the machine in then back to the car to head to Joanns. We Never made it past the first chair where he sat down and said the pain is really bad! Back to the car, reclined the seat, another shot of nitro, and he felt better.
Decided to head closer to the doctors office/hospital just in case. We're almost there and he says, I'm hungry! Really???
So I pull into the cafe parking lot, get him inside and get him a bowl of soup! He completely devoured it, said he felt better!
I'm realizing we have 90 mins till his appt. should I go back to J's or stay closer to the hospital? They didn't have the Oliso iron so I may as well stay where we are. I pulled the car into a spot under a tree and had him recline his seat and just rest.
We get to the Md appt and they are running behind. We get called in at 415 pm and the doc is great with him.
LSS he will need to have two tests to determine if he needs a pacemaker. First one scheduled for next Thursday morning.
But then, we get in the car to head home and it's now rush hour traffic. He gets chest pain again!!!
I reach for the nitro, drop the bottle and can't reach it. Looking for someplace to pull over and he shouts, forget the nitro just get me home! It took 1 1/2 hrs in that traffic to make the 40 min trip. The whole time he is complaining about the traffic, my driving etc.
By the time I got in the door I was ready to scream! Found the nitro, gave him a shot and he laid down on the couch and announces he wants dinner. REALLY????? It just gets worse from there so I won't even bother to tell you!
I was just so glad the day finally ended!
And today, we're back out again for another appt!!! Just shoot me!!

Sandy Navas
April 10th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Eileen, I am sending you lots and lots of hugs and a bottle of Jim Beam!! Golly you are sure loved a lot!!

Hey, the sun is out. The birds are singing, but it is cold and windy. I thought the house was going to be blown away last night. Our bedroom faces west and with NW winds buffeting it - even tight windows rattle.

Not sure what the day will bring. There's a quilt show a wee bit north of us that we may try to get to. Other than that the day is open for amusement.

Grandma Nan
April 10th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Good morning folks. Well I am in south western Ontario today visiting family and we had thunder and lightening and rain last night here too. This morning is dull and the sky looks pretty black so I think there will be weather. I have the house to myself today as SIL and BIL are at work and DH has gone to visit with is dad.

We are going home tomorrow so I didnt bring anything with me to sew but I did buy a couple of quilting magazine to read through. I think I will have a quiet day but my SIL is taking me to a place called Lens Mill Store so I may find something. Note to self: I need to get myself a hand sewing bag set up for when I go somewhere. I got a lot of quilts quilted at the same time so I have had binding to do for such a long time and I could just throw a quilt in a bag and work on hand binding. They are all completed and given to the new owners so I have to get something else. For today I will just relax I guess.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and Quilt till you wilt.

New York Sue
April 10th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Hey, chicas!
Just checking in....
I haven't hit the sewing room in 6 months or better, except to knock off a couple of Christmas stockings and hem some curtains.
Pathetic, right? (I'm actually proud of those few accomplishments, I might add...)
Grandbabies visit, family dinners, dog slowly dies in front of me, while snow piles up. 7 weeks tobacco free, with a husband that cheats on me. (Hides cigarettes, that is)
Phoebe goes to sleep in my arms....
A week later, a Florida vacation, (80 degrees and sunny everyday) and total relapse of tobacco-free Sue.
Return home to a depressed pug, (SHE left me and then YOU did)....OY VEY! That's the wrap.

I spread the snow out, so it would go AWAY. Depressed pug is coming along.
I bought nicotine patches AGAIN, and bought a couple of packs of Giant Zinnia seeds for my front walk way. Everyone is coming over for homemade pizza tonight.

Life is good...

WendyI
April 10th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Grandma Nan...sounds like you are close to me if you're going to Lens Mills! They are mostly located around here. Carolyn so glad you are enjoying your new job..makes SUCH a difference in life if you like your work! Barb, how's the apartment that had the fire? Was there a lot of damage or is it all minor? Smoke damage can be so bad.

My boss is gone for a week! AHhhhhhh! It's going to be busy but very relaxing at the same time. Looking forward to it for sure.

I've been waking up with very sore shoulders and neck...think I need a new pillow...but I also spend a LOT of time in my room in my bed texting or reading and my shoulders get scrunched up a bit. I just can't wait to move into my new place so I don't feel like hiding in my room all the time! It's coming fast now...so MUCH to do and yet not much I can do until I'm closer to the date. It's a bit frustrating playing this waiting game. Right now I'm trying to figure out cell and internet providers...uhg. What a total pain in the patooti!! So many different choices! And service is really bad where I am living so have to be careful who I sign with.

Lots of storms here last night and very heavy rain so I'm pretty tired. Hope today goes fast! ((((HUGS)))) to everyone who needs them! xox

Amy R
April 10th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Quick note, I promise I'll read everyone's posts later:
I heard a car door close to the house this morning, looked outside and saw my dad and mom!!!
Apparently hubby's been keeping the secret that they were surprising me for my birthday by a quick visit. <3 First time I ever cried over a present, and the best gift ever!!!

Prayers and hugs to all!

dwil23
April 10th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Hey, chicas!
Just checking in....
I haven't hit the sewing room in 6 months or better, except to knock off a couple of Christmas stockings and hem some curtains.
Pathetic, right? (I'm actually proud of those few accomplishments, I might add...)
Grandbabies visit, family dinners, dog slowly dies in front of me, while snow piles up. 7 weeks tobacco free, with a husband that cheats on me. (Hides cigarettes, that is)
Phoebe goes to sleep in my arms....
A week later, a Florida vacation, (80 degrees and sunny everyday) and total relapse of tobacco-free Sue.
Return home to a depressed pug, (SHE left me and then YOU did)....OY VEY! That's the wrap.

I spread the snow out, so it would go AWAY. Depressed pug is coming along.
I bought nicotine patches AGAIN, and bought a couple of packs of Giant Zinnia seeds for my front walk way. Everyone is coming over for homemade pizza tonight.

Life is good...

Sue, just this morning I was thinking I had not seen you on the forum in a while. Welcome Back! So, so sorry to hear about your doggie. It is heartbreaking to loose them.

I got called in to work last night and came home earlier than usual and just slipped off to bed, without waking anyone. My little chihuahua was in the room with my daughter. She came in and woke me up about 45 minutes ago to tell me she was taking Beanie to the vet. The left side of his face is swollen beyond recognition - it didn't even look like him. My first thought was he got bit by something, but it could be an infected tooth. He is due for his annual dental this month. The vet said to get him there immediately or wait til late afternoon, so she had to take off without me. Needless to say, I am worried sick and won't be able to sleep. Please say a little prayer for my sweet little doggie.

Everyone have a Blessed day - prayers for all....

Carrie J
April 10th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Good Morning All! Shirley, I absolutely love that Monkey Quilt, who wouldn't?! Amy, awwwww, what a wonderful surprise, have a great day girl!!! :D

Got up so late today, and just now starting the coffee, I think it had to do with the storms, though we didn't get as much bad stuff as some here on the Forum. Glad to know all are very much okay! Off to get my late day unraveled here and a mad dash to the coffee pot. Hugs and Blessings to all and especially those that need them. :D

auntiemern
April 10th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Morning all. I have done nothing but lay around like a slug for the last 3 days. Swelling in the feet has gone down, but still have the rash. It has done me worlds of good to just be home, and not doing ANYTHING. (I did make spaghetti last night) If I could get rid of all the huge lupus blisters that are plaguing me, I would be golden. I do have a few things that I need to sew the binding on the back that I may work on today. Blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

toggpine
April 10th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Several errands to run before the rain rolls in this afternoon/evening. Things will be easier to fit in the bed of the truck and obviously stay drier.
A bit of barn cleaning, as we are expecting more goat kids this weekend.
I really MUST run the vacuum over the floors in the house, or I might have to get the barn cleaning equipment in here!

The coffee cup is empty and the milk is almost done with pasteurizing. I had better get on with it!

It certainly sounds as if hugs, prayers, and smiles are in order around here today. I'll send you a few!

RockinLou
April 10th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Hello friends!! Happy day today, I caught up with a ton of work this week and today was a good day at work AND I did t bring much home for the weekend...

A fun evening out with the family and the kids went easily to bed! What a lovely weekend it will be!!