PDA

View Full Version : Stormy Night Night Owl

kimsophia
April 10th, 2015, 02:34 AM
I hope everyone is unharmed by the storms. Things were fine here in our town but one north of us flooded.

The Cayenne quilt continues...I had to re cut these big blocks that are a big pain in the patootie, but it all seems to be working out for the moment. No cutting after 11 p.m. for no more tears...how are the other night owls doing tonight?
:icon_wave:

@,@

stationarymom
April 10th, 2015, 02:45 AM
Hi it looks like they all turned in early tonight.No sewing here tonight I had a minor surgery on my hand and have to give it a while to heal.I hope everyone is safe at home tonight and not in harms way due to those storms.

Hulamoon
April 10th, 2015, 02:53 AM
Just picking stuff off the floors( for the new carpet) during commercial breaks. Paid all the bills so just waiting pretty much :)

bubba
April 10th, 2015, 02:55 AM
I'm sitting watching old Blue Bloods. We did not see the first couple seasons, so they are new to me. I got two wallets made today, tomorrow I'll be making three waterboys.

After that, I'll work on a little of this and a little of that. I have some fabric that is screaming my name!

toggpine
April 10th, 2015, 03:47 AM
Part of my errands today were useless. I reached my first stop and realized I did not have my driver's license. Ack! It was still at home! Stupid grocery clerk ruined two days!

Yesterday the clerk at the grocery left it lying on the little counter next to the card swiper, and then wouldn't send the receipt down the conveyer belt. This store has you bag your own groceries, and there are two sides that they can send the groceries down to begin ringing up the next customer while you finish bagging. I usually unload my groceries in the order I want to bag them at the other end. This dude was just being contrary. He'd pull items from part way down the belt, then go back to ringing up what was in front, and just generally making a mess of things. I wrote the check and handed him my ID. All of the other cashiers process the check and then fold the receipt over the ID and stack it on one of the last items or set it on the belt so I can grab it from the other end while I am bagging. Oh noooo. I had to stop and go get it. This place is always busy, and that extra time put me off the bagging schedule and then I was holding the next person up. So when I ran around to grab my ID and receipt, I just stuffed it in my pocket. It was still there when I got home and went looking for it.
This guy was so bad, he wouldn't even bag the few items the lady in front of me had. She was in a wheelchair and could barely reach the conveyer belt to put the things up there. She had less than 10 items, come on! He even futzed with her re-useable shopping bag like he was going to, and then set it farther away from the edge. While Dingleberry started ringing up my order I offered to help her bag her items. It took less than a minute. Sadly it wasn't even some snarky teenager. The guy was probably in his 60's. If you dislike people so much, perhaps you should find a job that does not put you in contact with them.

On a happier note, I did find some flowers for our hanging baskets. Hopefully they will look fabulous for our family reunion this summer. I also got a great deal on long johns for Em's next two sizes. I'm sure it is crazy, but at $3 a set, I couldn't pass them up. I also picked up collars for the goats. Normally they start at $4 and go up from there depending on the size. I just happened to find a bunch of them on closeout for $0.96. OK, so they are brown, but I can't buy the hardware for that price! Thankfully I had enough cash on me to actually buy it, as that is when I realized I didn't have my license!

I certainly hope all of you are snuggled safe in your nests tonight! Catch you tomorrow! C

kimsophia
April 10th, 2015, 04:04 AM
Okay, time to stop buying teal and blue fat quarters online for the landscape project...but I got a really good deal :D

MayinJerset
April 10th, 2015, 04:39 AM
Hope you all get through those bad storms, are they headed towards the east coast?

30 blocks done for Quilts of Valor quilt, trimming them next then making the pillowcase, that's work better done during daytime so I better call it a night,

Judy, USMC
April 10th, 2015, 05:02 AM
Lightning and Thunder arrived here in Cincinnati about 1/2 hour ago (3:30am.) Had a bit of hail this afternoon but then it cleared up nicely until now. We're also under a tornado watch.

Praying for those folks in Illinois ~ especially the one who perished.

snippet
April 10th, 2015, 07:21 AM
Its starting to rain down here! I love listening to rain.

Today was the first day of our Bluebonnet Shop Hop. It's only 9 stores, but they are spread out over 100 miles or so. My sister and I went to two stores today. Usually we'd do the hop on the weekend but my daughter is flying in from California on Saturday so that puts a damper on the shop hop trip. Tomorrow we'll do just one store way out in Bandera and we'll take a friend who has never been to a real quilt shop before (she shops at JoAnn's).

At each store you get to pick a fat quarter free and a copy of the shop's block pattern. Each shop creates a layout for the 9 blocks and displays their quilt. It's really pretty. This time half of the blocks are applique. I haven't decided whether or not to buy the fabric to make the blocks yet.

kimsophia
April 10th, 2015, 08:33 AM
I've been watching the M*QC's applique tutorials with Jan Patek. It gives me the urge to work on a small applique project. Maybe when I get everything else I have bought fabric for done! :D

Bouse
April 10th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Seen some footage of the tornado. That is so scary and am very glad we don't have them here. Stay safe.