PDA

View Full Version : Aargghhh Stupid Stupid

Leah53
April 9th, 2015, 10:25 AM
allergy season. And that's all I have to say about that! cough cough sniff sniff Oh, and my car is a lovely shade of yellow, matches my lungs.

Carlie Wolf
April 9th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Leah if you can get honey from your geographical area take a teaspoon a day and it might help.

Never had allergy problems until I moved to WV and then got slammed. I tried that last year and it really helped. Don't know if it would also work for you.

WendyI
April 9th, 2015, 10:30 AM
I have heard that honey helps alleviate hay fever symptoms as well. I do not suffer from seasonal allergies but truly feel for people who do. Hope you get some relief soon!

Leah53
April 9th, 2015, 10:44 AM
I have some local honey but I can't take it, not raw anyway. I never had allergies either until I moved to SC.

bubba
April 9th, 2015, 01:08 PM
If you are allergic to bees, don't take that honey!!

cyndiofthevortex
April 9th, 2015, 01:46 PM
I'm so sorry you feel sick!

duckie125
April 9th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Honey can help as long as its local! Has all the local allergens in it and can help you get immune. (I live in OK, AKA land of allergies)

Leah53
April 9th, 2015, 07:40 PM
As far as I know I don't have a bee allergy but I haven't been stung since i was a child so who knows. The raw honey makes my throat constrict which sounds like an allergic reaction to me, have never asked a doctor, it's just one of those things I never did again. I also used to eat raw honey as a child, we would go to the wood lot and collect it, never bothered me then, but then again, I never had allergies or asthma until I moved to SC.

As soon as I arrived in SC I started having breathing problems and severe vertigo, if y'all saw some of these mtn roads around here you'd have vertigo too. I went to the Dr. with the same complaint and she did nothing about it, I finally told her one day, there's something in the air here that's trying to kill me, her reply verbatim, "then why don't you go back to where you came from". I can't even tell you how I responded to that. Talk about southern hospitality and from a doctor!

bubba
April 9th, 2015, 07:43 PM
I know my oldest sister is allergic to bees and because of that, she can not eat honey of any kind or goes into anaphylactic shock. She has to carry shots with her. If you have that kind of reaction to honey, you should really talk to your doctor about it because that is one of the symptoms of a severe allergic reaction.

Leah53
April 9th, 2015, 07:45 PM
I just never tried eating it again. I used to carry an epipen with me but never had to use it.

KPH
April 9th, 2015, 08:18 PM
That's definitely an allergic reaction to the honey. My allergist is a Flonase fan. It really helps me, plus it's over the counter now.

Katrina

Terry L
April 9th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Honey can help as long as its local! Has all the local allergens in it and can help you get immune. (I live in OK, AKA land of allergies)
Kinda sucks living in Oklahoma during springtime , land of more allergies than any other states and Tornados :) but it sure is beautiful right now.

ilive2craft2
April 9th, 2015, 09:59 PM
My allergist is a fan of flonase, singulair and zyrtec. Also carry an epi pen - thankfully, I have never had to use it!

And neti pots or saline nasal sprays if you can't do a neti pot.

Leah53
April 10th, 2015, 07:16 AM
I use Simply Saline spray. I have used Flonase and other prescriptions but they aren't good for long term use.