PDA

View Full Version : It is a wintery white looking Thursday today.

Monique
April 9th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Good morning friends. Yes a little more of the darn white stuff. It should be all gone by days end.

I missed yesterday's post as I got side tracked. I did not do much sewing but did a little cleaning in the sewing room. It NEEDS a LOT more.

Today I am going quilting with Bonnie. We will be working on the quilts for the Fair draw in September. These are for Victoria's Quilts.

Have a great day friends.

SMILE because it doesn't cost anything. :icon_wave:

dwil23
April 9th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Good Morning, Monique and all!

Ugh. We are already sweltering here in Florida. Just a wee bit jealous of your white stuff. The air is running full blast and I only open the door to let the dogs out. The mosquitoes are hungry, too. And it's Bufo season, fortunately I have never seen one at this house, but I am still wary. Can you tell I hate summer as much as some of you hate winter?

Trying to get myself motivated to finish up in my room. Kind of expecting a call to go to work tonight, but don't really feel like it. Still lethargic and a little lightheaded from whatever hit me.

Blessings and prayers for all.....

Amy R
April 9th, 2015, 09:24 AM
We had some thunderstorms yesterday and one during the wee hours this morning. UGH.
Soph's virus turned to her ears, so now she's on the antibiotics prescribed "in case she gets worse" last week.

Looking forward to this weekend, we'll see what it brings.
Prayers and hugs for all.

RiverMomm
April 9th, 2015, 09:27 AM
It has been a long winter in terms of snow here. My yard was 80% free of snow until last night. Now my sad looking grass is all covered again. But the new stuff didn't need to be shoveled and will be gone today. The old stuff . . . well that is so compacted that it will take some time to finally go away.

I am working on a scrappy quilt and am finding that I am taking more time playing around with placement than sewing. Guess I am going a bit OCD on this quilt. It was supposed to be quick and easy but I went to bed thinking about it and woke up rethinking it.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 9th, 2015, 09:30 AM
It was storming here for hours. Woke me up around 5, I fell asleep in the chair and just woke up! Now I need to bust a move to get ready for my sewing class toda, HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOID DAY,

MayinJerset
April 9th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Good Morning Monique, Thankfully no snow here but a cold rain again. Left my pots of Easter flowers on the front steps as they looked so Spring like there and hope the colder weather didn't kill them.

Dropped a big basket of scraps off at my guild yesterday while members were having an Open Sew day. Glad I did because I found out our April Pillowcase Sew In date had been changed from 4/18 to 4/11 which is this Saturday! Got an email out to membership ASAP.

My co-chair can't make the sew in as she is recovering from a bad case of shingles so it's up to me to hold it on Saturday. Getting the key to the building is taken care of as we're sharing the space with the Open Sew group and their coordinator has a key. I much prefer when we have our pillowcase sew ins at a quilt shop as we have no concerns about who has a key, is the heat or a/c on, setting up the tables and chairs and during the winter is the parking lot cleared of snow and the walks sanded?

Bubby
April 9th, 2015, 09:51 AM
Morning Everyone,

We had storms off and on last night but the worst of everything so far passed us by. Cuba did okay, too.

We're having a lazy morning. The Girls slept in and so did Jeff. I was up about 4 on 'storm watch'. Dottie growls at thunder so she didn't get much sleep last night but she will make up for it today. We finished the last of Downton Abbey last night (Season 5). I wish it would keep going year after year.

Jeff doesn't have PT today so I may go out for an hour or so to have a little alone time. The fabric store has new shipments in and there are a couple flea markets I like to wander around in.

May, I have no doubt you will handle everything perfectly. You're one awesome woman!

Wishing everyone a grand Thursday.

Sandy Navas
April 9th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Just heard the first (and probably last) thunder of the day. We've been pretty lucky with the weather (we truly need the rain though), but I woke to gentle rain this morning. According to the weather map we're about out of it. Another day that I won't be able to attack my outside clean-up project. Drats!! Guess that means I get to SEW! I've been putting my homespun blocks together, bringing them upstairs and clipping seams, taking them back and adding blocks together . . . I'm narrowing the battle.

Also cut the backs out of a stack of shirts for a forum friend. May not get those in the mail until early next week. I'm trying to get caught up on some promises before I tackle a couple of quilts that are calling my name. Going to do a scrappy from some brights that I bought during M*'s Black Friday sale. Sis swiped them and made us each a special tote to carry during our Paducah trip. Leftovers will go to a quilt for a special friend of mine who does woodworking and stained glass work - she's always bringing me something special.

Tonight may just have to be a taco night . . .

Iris Girl
April 9th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Morning all. Home again today as I am carless still. Yesterday used my sons car to go to work but he is working today. Something did present itself in terms of getting car fixed so , a new used engine has been found to put in and the good water pump and new belts will be transferred from the old engine to the new. Hope it will not take long. Hate to say it but I miss work... Finished up the diamond quilt for Marilyn's PICU group this morning.106718 Making a cake new flavor I found orange sherbet and the frosting is raspberry sherbet we will see if its tasty. Dark and off and on rain here today should be in the low 40's...too cold for me this time of year. Have a great day all. Hugs to those that need them.

WendyI
April 9th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Morning everyone! Monique! You just KEEP THAT WHITE STUFF THERE!! I swear if I see one more snowflake it's the straight jacket for me! Donna hope you can stay cool! Amy hope Sophie's infection clears up soon! Vicky you can also keep the snow there!! Jean...must have been a comfy chair you slept in! May you will have a great sew-in I'm sure! Barb Enjoy your alone time! Sandy...so sorry you HAVE to sew all day...my heart just aches for you! April, glad you found a motor! Hope it gets done quick and you can get back to work!

I am at work and we are expecting up to 55 ml's of rain today which is apparently a lot. It's so dark and dreary...just makes me want my pillow! Although I'm annoyed with my pillow today...made me sleep funny and my shoulders and neck are killing me today. Liam has an eye infection...something called a calazion which is in the same family as a stye but apparently a bit more serious because he has antibiotics and drops he has to take four times a day. The school won't administer the drops so have to figure out some kind of schedule.

19 days until I'm off to get ready for the move...20 or 21 until I can actually get into my place...hoping for early access. Nothing much else is new. My supervisor is going away for a week so will be a relaxing week for me. I love her to bits, honestly, but she's a quirky person and stresses me out.

Sending love and hugs to everyone for an awesome day! xox

irishrn
April 9th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Morning all! Another night of interrupted sleep. Heard thunder rumbles and the dog didn't care for it at all! So Casey needed his mom at 4 30am! Oh yeah!! But he settled down pretty quick.
Today is doctor appointment in Raleigh. Evaluation for possible pacemaker for DH. But on the way we make a few stops to drop off my DSM for service and hopefully pick up my Oliso iron. Spent the last two days helping my GF recover her window valences. We had a good time but it was back aching at times doing all the padding and covering! But they came out great!!
Tomorrow is lab work appointment for DH and then it's back to getting the kitchen painted! I need to get er done!!
Hope all have a good day! Stay safe with the crazy weather.

quiltingtrish
April 9th, 2015, 06:13 PM
Seems like I did some sort of jolt on my right shoulder, thought it would go away after a day or so, nope still there. Can't cut fabric, much less sew anything. I am hoping to at least to be able to do some handquilting while watching some tv tonight. My arm won't go forward or sideways, it is a job to just get a shower. I can drive to work, just use the left hand to put the car in gear. It's a good thing I don't have a stick anymore.
Dreary here today and the fog is settling in again. I'm sure the weather change is not helping the painful shoulder. I might have to try to cut left handed. Not sure about actual sewing though. Dang it! We have the PSSA's for the next 3 weeks and an outside field trip too. Not looking forward to any of that.
Well, the longer my arm rests on the keyboard, the more it hurts so think I'll just read some of the threads for a bit.