PDA

View Full Version : The Night Owl thread

kimsophia
April 9th, 2015, 01:58 AM
Hootie hoot to all! :) I hope you are having a pleasant night/early morning. I have finally gotten the repairs done to my quilt top from my own mistakes. So four columns are done. Yay. I'm not thinking about how many more are left...lol I'm going to sew in sections so I can start over with four more columns. Then I don't have to wrangle with so much fabric.

How are you where you are? @,@ Hoot hoot

dlsnaples
April 9th, 2015, 02:01 AM
Doing great here in SW Florida. Balmy 75 degrees after a much needed rain shower. Plan to finish moving my sewing things to their new, compact place in the house in the morning. I need to get started on some baby quilts.

bubba
April 9th, 2015, 02:03 AM
I am here, but exhausted. If I go to bed now, I'll be up a zero dark thirty and tomorrow will only be worse. I think I told Ryan she could come over again tomorrow.........did I?? Didn't I?? She is on spring break this week, her sisters were last week. I have to get three water boys and a wallet sewn tomorrow. No ifs, ands or buts about it!

If she does come over, I'll find something for her to sew...just don't know what it will be yet.

MayinJerset
April 9th, 2015, 02:16 AM
Hooting right back at you. Won't be hanging in my tree for too long tonight as it's pretty Chilly here. Was 24 degrees yesterday afternoon and I thought it was going to snow but happy it rained again as DH had put all the snow shovels and the snow blower away in the back yard shed.

Still working on QOV quilt, half the blocks are done and I hope to finish rest of blocks today. Since I'm up I think I'll clean up the scraps from the sewing room floor. Need to cut some more strips but will wait til morning as my middle of the night quilting skills aren't very good and I'll miss cut the strips. Time to get some more sleep. 106702

Quiltfreestyle
April 9th, 2015, 02:18 AM
I'm going to be up or awhile... I have to finish quilting my new DILs quilt no later than tomorrow. Also have to go shopping for a dress to wear to the wedding... I hate clothes shopping but I could kick myself for not starting sooner on this. Did a lot of looking on Monday but couldn't find anything in my size that was appropriate. It has to be semi-formal, since I'm the mother of the groom & my DH is going to be wearing a tux...
Back to the Longarm now. Good night Owls ...

Hulamoon
April 9th, 2015, 02:18 AM
I'm not a nigth owl yet , but so excited that the tile guy came today and finished up. Now I have to get all the junk off the floor for when the carpet guys come in. I printed off some graph paper so I can plan out my sewing room. Getting close!

stationarymom
April 9th, 2015, 02:36 AM
It seems like there are a lot of night owls out there tonight.I won't be out for long it's cold here and we are having freezing rain and sleet and a chance of snow by morning.I don't know what happened to the weather here,it seems like spring forgot to sprung.I hope everyone is well and that nobody is in the path of some of the severe weather happening in places.

shawnan
April 9th, 2015, 03:03 AM
I am mostly just flying by on my way to the roosting spot. I'm usually up longer but I had a big day with my first day with cardiac rehab (stupid heart attack) and tomorrow I have my six-week eye doctor appointment for my eye injections. *sigh* Between all this I don't get a lot done. Monday was a sewing day with a bunch of friends and I did get several things cut, so maybe soon I'll drag out the machine and get going.

Have a good night everyone.
Nancy

toggpine
April 9th, 2015, 03:45 AM
Doin' a fly by.

All is well in our little corner of the world tonight. Off to catch up on some Zzz's.
Hubby's not snoring (@ the moment anyway) , so I may get to sleep quickly!

Hugs, Cathy

shirleyknot
April 9th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Your night owl has nothing on the obnoxious mockingbird that yelled ALL NIGHT outside my bedroom window. Little sucker is STILL yammering away.