PDA

View Full Version : only 10 days! I can't contain myself....

BellasQuilts
April 9th, 2015, 01:10 AM
Only 10 days until I am at M*QC and get to meet (drum roll please....) Sandy Navas! I have loved this woman since I met her here on the forum. Love her humor, her quilts, etc. I am very happy to finally get a chance to give her a big Cailfornia hug when I see her. And then, hopefully, I will get to meet Jenny as well. This is the icing on the cake, people, and I can't wait. Gonna shop, gonna hug, gonna talk, gonna enjoy every minute!

stationarymom
April 9th, 2015, 02:03 AM
I hope you have a wonderful time together.

MayinJerset
April 9th, 2015, 02:20 AM
Can't blame you for being so excited. Who wouldn't be excited about going to M*, meeting our Sandy and possibly Jenny. Just know you will have a super time.

snippet
April 9th, 2015, 02:29 AM
What a great time you will have! Give Sandy a big hug from me.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 9th, 2015, 04:07 AM
Have lots of fun together! Wish I could be there for part of the group hug, chat, shop, lunch!

kensington
April 9th, 2015, 04:12 AM
Have much fun!

Klasien
April 9th, 2015, 04:23 AM
Have fun, it will be wonderful!!!

rebeccas-sewing
April 9th, 2015, 06:52 AM
Have tons of fun!

dizzyLiz
April 9th, 2015, 06:57 AM
Meghan, I am soooooooo excited for you!!! Please give Sandy a HUG for me. Have fun

stitching woman
April 9th, 2015, 07:23 AM
That is going to be so much fun. Have a great time.

sewelegant
April 9th, 2015, 08:10 AM
We need pictures of some of your fun!

Amy R
April 9th, 2015, 09:06 AM
OOOO I'm envious!!! Enjoy your time at M* and with our dear Sandy :)

Bubby
April 9th, 2015, 09:09 AM
I know you will have a fabulous time! I regret not meeting Sandy when we were in Hamilton last Fall. Next time for sure.

Grandma Nan
April 9th, 2015, 09:45 AM
You will have a wonderful time and prepare to be totally overwhelmed from a shopping perspective. there is so much to look at and see and so many beautiful fabrics. Sandy will help you motor your way through the shops and also to the good food at Jakes.

pcbatiks
April 9th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Yay Megan! I was thinking about you yesterday and how excited you must be. I'm happy and excited for you too......you must be giddy! :D Give Sandy a big hug from all of us! Hope you have a great time shopping, visiting, laughing, shopping, eating, hugging, shopping, talking, shopping.........

DON'T FORGET TO TAKE PICTURES TO SHARE WITH THE REST OF US!

WendyI
April 9th, 2015, 10:32 AM
SOOOOOO Jealous! I wish we could all be together sometime. I swear I am going to make it to a fall retreat even if I have to sleep in my car! You're going to have so much FUN!

Sandy Navas
April 9th, 2015, 10:32 AM
I'm excited, too!!! Have the camera battery all charged up and ready to go. Have my cameraman ready, too!! Can't contain the excitement!!!!!!!!

WendyI
April 9th, 2015, 10:33 AM
YAY! Pics! LOTS OF PICS! xox

New York Sue
April 9th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Sandy??
I am SO jealous right now...
ENJOY!

Eriepatch
April 9th, 2015, 11:03 AM
You couldn't be going on a better weekend. There will be so much to do.
I think all forum members should wear name tags to be recognizable!

Bjvarizona
April 9th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Color me green! Hugs to everyone!

klgls
April 9th, 2015, 11:31 AM
I will be up there on Friday, April 17, and have tickets to the trunk show. I'm so looking forward to it. If there are any other forum members going - I would thrilled to meet up with you!!

auntiemern
April 9th, 2015, 02:00 PM
I am so excited for you. You are going to love Sandy even more after you meet her in person, and get a big bear hug. I hope Jenny will be there so you can meet her as well. Have a wonderful time. ( I know you will )

BellasQuilts
April 9th, 2015, 02:36 PM
Definitely will take pics. Who else from here is going to be there on Saturday? Let's make it a party! My poor pocketbook...it's gonna get worked.

stitching woman
April 9th, 2015, 04:03 PM
Megan. If that is March 18 I will be at the retreat center, pop in and say hi. Would love to meet you.

K. McEuen
April 9th, 2015, 04:56 PM
Megan. If that is March 18 I will be at the retreat center, pop in and say hi. Would love to meet you.

Bernice, you are a month behind. Have they been working you too hard?

quiltingtrish
April 9th, 2015, 05:15 PM
You lucky duck!

stitching woman
April 9th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Yes they have Karen,
You know I am always behind. Ok for you I will change it to to April 18.

BellasQuilts
April 10th, 2015, 11:43 PM
Bernice, I get to meet you too? Doing the happy dance!!!!!!!

jjkaiser
April 11th, 2015, 12:56 AM
You know we are all living vicariously through you--so have a blast then tell us all about it!!

SallyO'Sews
April 11th, 2015, 09:57 PM
If I wasn't so incredibly happy and excited for you both, I would be insanely jealous.
Have a great time!

Grandma Nan
April 11th, 2015, 10:13 PM
This will be one of the best days of your life. You will meet a wonderful new friend and have a blast in the quilt stores. Take a big shopping bag and have fun.

sewbizzy
April 12th, 2015, 01:42 AM
So happy for you...I can't wait to hear about your time at M*QC and meeting up with Sandy....
I hope to make the trip someday...

Juliet Taylor
April 12th, 2015, 04:25 AM
HAve fun :)

BellasQuilts
April 18th, 2015, 01:00 AM
Tomorrow is the day! I don't think I will sleep tonight. Finally got rid of the boss. Conference ended today and he insisted on a drive. A drive that lasted 8 hours! OMG! Finally had a moment to give Sandy a call and leave a msg I will be there tomorrow. Whoo Hoo!!!!!!!

rebeccas-sewing
April 18th, 2015, 05:45 AM
Okay, Megan! Your big day is here for us already! Make sure you fill us in on your adventure at MSQC. I live vicariously through all who are lucky enough to visit there.

MRoy
April 18th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Have a great time Megan and Sandy! We'll be expecting a full report later. LOL!

BellasQuilts
April 18th, 2015, 07:17 PM
I have been to heaven, truly! drove into town and there were people everywhere looking at cars, coming in and out of the various stores. Ran into Al immediately and he is just as nice as can be. Jenny can be a proud mom; her children are awesome. Spotted Jenny across the street and walked over to say hello. It was a true pleasure to meet her. When she learned my name, she said Sandy is over there waiting for you. Turned around and there was Sandy. Big hugs, hellos, how are you's and then she gave me a tour of the town. What a wonderful thing Hamilton is now. Each store is unique and the eye candy to die for! I was on total overload. Got to see the Retreat center and meet Bernice as well. Very sweet gal and I am very happy to have met her too. The batik store is dangerous. I could live in there. Then got to see two more buildings being renovated. The town is a hopping! So wish the DH had been with me to see the old cars. He would have really enjoyed it. Then off lunch to get to know Al and Sandy better at the Blue Sage. Can you say YUM!!!!! Left earlier than I wanted cuz of the storm that was brewing, but had the best time ever! Thank you Sandy and Al - hugs!!!! Thank you Doan Family!!!!!

stitching woman
April 18th, 2015, 07:28 PM
Megan I am so glad to have finally got to meet you, what a pleasure. I am just sorry that the place was so busy that I did not get a chance to really get to visit with you. Hope you enjoyed your visit and that you can come back real soon.

pcbatiks
April 18th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Yay Megan...........so happy for you! Wish I could have been there too! So did you'll take pictures?? :D

Sandy Navas
April 18th, 2015, 07:37 PM
Got to spend most of the day with BellasQuilts today. Met up briefly with bratbear and got to see the Doan bunch. BTW Ezra says he has no idea how to use thread. That, after his wonderful tutorial.

Al took pictures, so they will be forthcoming - when his feet get back on the ground.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/attachments/general-chit-chat/107508d1429396271-good-saturday-morning-day-missouri-star.jpg (http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/attachments/general-chit-chat/107508d1429396271-good-saturday-morning-day-missouri-star.jpg)

Megan (aka BellasQuilts), Sandy (aka MOI), and Terri (aka bratbear).

pcbatiks
April 18th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Great picture ladies! I have to admit....I'm happy for you'll and jealous at the same time. :D

K. McEuen
April 18th, 2015, 07:44 PM
You even got 1/4 of Jenny's head in the picture over your right shoulder. ;)

Glad you all had a great time.

BellasQuilts
April 18th, 2015, 08:18 PM
For some reason can't post pics or write decent msgs here from hotel. Will write more later. It keeps deleting letters! Arrrchggggh. Love you, Sandy!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 18th, 2015, 08:21 PM
So great to see you all together!

Sandy Navas
April 18th, 2015, 08:28 PM
For some reason can't post pics or write decent msgs here from hotel. Will write more later. It keeps deleting letters! Arrrchggggh. Love you, Sandy!

Back atcha!!!

dizzyLiz
April 18th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Looks like a wonderful time was had by all !!!

BobW
April 19th, 2015, 12:12 AM
I glad everyone had a wonderful time and thanks for posting the pics. It is nice to see everyone. Looks like it couldn't have been a better day.

shermur
April 19th, 2015, 04:56 AM
So awesome! IT is a wonderful treat to see the Doan family and the stores! And then, to put a face with those you communte with...fabulous!

rebeccas-sewing
April 19th, 2015, 05:45 AM
It sure is nice to see your smiling faces, ladies. Megan - by the HUGE grin on your face I'd say you are having more than a splendid time in Missouri! I'm so happy you had the chance to get together. Did you set a budget for shopping or just throw all caution to the wind? hahaha

klgls
April 19th, 2015, 10:44 AM
I went up on Friday and got to meet Simply Quilting. Then went to Jenny's trunk show. Had a great time!!

Sandy Navas
April 19th, 2015, 11:06 AM
I went up on Friday and got to meet Simply Quilting. Then went to Jenny's trunk show. Had a great time!!

And you were definitely missed on Saturday!!!!!

irishrn
April 19th, 2015, 12:05 PM
So glad you all had a great time! Visiting M* is on my bucket list!