PDA

View Full Version : FIRE ....



Bubby
April 8th, 2015, 06:46 PM
We got home from Jeff's physical therapy and had a message on our phone that there had been a fire in one of our apartments this morning. It started in the microwave that was heating something in a to-go cup that had a metal band. I guess it sparked and the whole oven caught on fire. Fortunately the adult tenant was home and she handled the situation pretty well.

The good thing is that no one was hurt. The sad thing is that it happened in the apartment Steve and I worked in for two weeks to get ready to rent. Fire scares me speechless.

GrammaBabs
April 8th, 2015, 07:01 PM
So sorry for that,,, having rentals is such a lot of work... I wanted Bill and I to do something like that a while back and he decided it would be a lot of responsibility and work... Happy no one was hurt.. but certainly not something you need now or at anytime really... GB

Claire OneStitchAtATime
April 8th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Oh shoot! But like GrammaBabs says, life & limb is always the most important. Glad your tenant is OK.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 8th, 2015, 07:45 PM
So sorry to hear this! Hope it can be fixed up without too much trouble! Hey, you would think people would know not to use metal objects in a microwave! It's not like the microwave was invented last week!

sewbizzy
April 8th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Barb, I'm so glad no one was hurt....You and Jeff sure could use a break...praying for calmer times to come...

Sandy Navas
April 8th, 2015, 08:38 PM
More than scary!

BobW
April 8th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Barb,

I'm glad no one was hurt and hopefully the damage isn't too bad. And it doesn't surprise me that it happened in an updated newly rented apartment. That is kind of Murphy's Law in action. It doesn't have to be fixed tomorrow, so don't over do to get it put back together.

Grandma Nan
April 8th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Oh Barb so sorry to this fire news. Like Bob said, its Murphy's law that it would be the one you were just fixing up. Well, even tho it is a set back no one was hurt.

MayinJerset
April 9th, 2015, 02:01 AM
Glad no one was hurt but certainly not something you need right now.

WendyI
April 9th, 2015, 11:02 AM
wow...that's shocking that people are still that ignorant about microwaves! Do you require your tenants to have insurance? Hope it did not cause too much damage. (((Hugs)))...because that's the last thing you need right now!

Eriepatch
April 9th, 2015, 11:07 AM
I agree about who doesn't know that? Kids maybe but not adults. My grandson put a stick
of margarine in the foil type paper in the microwave and ruined the microwave AND the margarine!
:o

Simply Quilting
April 10th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Glad that everyone is safe. Sorry about the apartment.

ceiliam
April 10th, 2015, 06:59 PM
I am sorry metal in microwave? Seriously. Im sorry you worked so hard, not what you needed. Hopefully not to muchdamage