PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl Kim are you awake?

MayinJerset
April 8th, 2015, 02:13 AM
Am I going to be out here all by myself tonight? 1 am and a bit of a chill in the air tonight so I won't be here for too long. .

Been making good progress with the Quilt of Valor quilt and it seems I'll have enough fabric to make a matching pillowcase. Although I planned to make the quilt in masculine looking fabrics I ended up with a red and white fabrics with a blue one for accent. The white fabric is an extra wide one and poses a problem when cutting strips, I have to be extra careful so I don't get a wobble in the fabric in the folds.

We haven't done a really big food shopping in awhile so we're planning to go this afternoon, need to make a check of the pantry to see what we need. Better give DH a long list of items to get while I do produce and meats because if he doesn't have a lot of items to get he heads right for the cookies and ice cream. Can't convince him that on sale items are only less in price and not less in calories.

Judy, USMC
April 8th, 2015, 02:19 AM
I'm hooting and hoping that the predicted highs in the 70's for the nest 2 days is true.

My DH is the same way at the grocery store. If I lose him I know where to find him - in the cookie aisle.

bubba
April 8th, 2015, 02:44 AM
MM heads to the bulk foods to pick out all the cherry jolly ranchers!!

kimsophia
April 8th, 2015, 03:41 AM
Ha ha, May, yes I am here but the lightning and thunder forced me to leave the tree! We aren't getting rain yet, though. We need it.

I've been searching online for a story I saw years ago about an alternative school in rural Kentucky, I think...a girl in the story was featured but I cannot find the story. It was years ago.

toggpine
April 8th, 2015, 04:23 AM
I hit Winco today to stock up on several things in the pantry. I like to open the cupboards and see that my staples are full again. You do have to watch the prices though. It is actually cheaper to buy 2 five pound bags of flour that 1 ten pound bag. I also noticed that they are packaging the C&H sugar in 4 & 10 pound bags. I LOVE their bulk section! Part of my mission today was refilling some of the spices. I did forget the popcorn though. I have just enough for one more batch, so that went back on the list.
Sending my husband to the store, even with a list is a risky proposition. When the budget is tight, I am the one to go since I don't come home with more than is on the list.

We had a major meltdown here tonight. Em went out to play with the baby goats (fine) and I told her that if she did she would have to take a shower instead of a bath tonight. She wouldn't have enough time to play in the tub and eat dinner before bed time. OK, I get it, fine Mom.
I holler at her to come in and wash up for supper. She had to wait a few minutes until Dad was out of the shower. Ok. She starts to watch whatever was on TV. Dad is out of the shower and I go in to start hers. I tell her it's time to go run through the shower and she doesn't move. She doesn't even acknowledge we are talking to her. Dad gets mad and jumps her case. I've had enough of both of them and turn off the TV, and she's lost viewing rights for the night. There are tears, stomping, and "No Fair"s being slung all over. At one point she even said, "Fine! I won't eat!" and stomped out of the kitchen. I suggested she re-think that. It was going to be a long time until breakfast.
Eventually, she told me that she just wanted to watch the show until the commercial and she was going to go take her shower. We discussed that her choices were poor in how she went about trying to get that result. Completely ignoring your parents while they are talking to you probably is not the best way to go about that. She did sit and eat dinner with us and then went to take her shower without anymore drama, until she ran out of hot water!
UGH! She's only 9, I thought I'd have a few more years before the teenager stuff set in.

I have medicated myself with 2 'fun size' bags of mini M&Ms. I have the night chores done and the kitchen is clean. I'm off to bed! Happy night owling friends!

kimsophia
April 8th, 2015, 04:34 AM
My mom would talk and I wouldn't hear her if the television was on. But then, she talked so much that I screened her voice out. :P

toggpine
April 8th, 2015, 04:42 AM
She had her hearing aids in, and her father was standing directly in front of her blocking the TV. You can't really tune that out.

Can you picture two rams butting heads? That is what those two can do. Both of them can be so danged stubborn!

kimsophia
April 8th, 2015, 04:51 AM
lol...not rams in the house and goats outside the house! :D

MayinJerset
April 8th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Added fun size mini M&Ms to my list, there are times when one or two of the sweet packets is needed to keep our sanity.

bhaggerty
April 8th, 2015, 09:53 AM
M & M's can also make everything better!!!!

pcbatiks
April 8th, 2015, 10:39 AM
:D .....medicating with M&M's..........love that! Do you think chocolate.....used for soothing purposes.....would be covered by insurance? :D

toggpine
April 8th, 2015, 12:31 PM
Pam, insurance doesn't cover much these days. It's cheaper to buy it yourself.
First, you'd have to make an appointment to get a prescription and there would be a co-pay for that. Then you'd have to make another trip to the pharmacy to get them. Since you really don't want the generic kind, you'd have to pay the service fee for that. Then there is the waiting. I can not get in to the doctor's office in less than an hour. True. My appointment is at 10, I don't get called from the waiting room before 11. Then the next 15 minutes or so I sit in the exam room. More waiting ensues at the pharmacy. Do they have the kind of M&Ms you want? Oh, sorry, we don't carry the milk chocolate kind on Tuesdays. I'll need to call the doctor's office to see if you can have the peanut variety. Your insurance doesn't cover the special dark flavor. Gaaahhh!

Costco = big bag, no hassle! Keep the HMO's greedy hands off of my chocolate!

bubba
April 8th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Back when Tyler lived with us, I would guess he was about seven......MM had a job where he travelled a lot and one night for dinner, Tyler and I decided we would have Papa Murphy's for dinner. We drove down there, ordered the pizza and I sat on the bench to wait while they made them. Tyler was always interested in designs on floors (for anyone who lives in the area, he walked around the entire inside of the Super Mall in Auburn on the dark brown design along the out edge...it's a mile!) and there was a design in the tiles in the lobby. He would step from colored tile to colored tile. Came time to go, he decided he was not ready, he was going to finish what he was doing. Now, this was not like him at all! I told him again and he argued w/me so I took hold of the shoulder of his jacket which he then wormed out of, but somehow I got him in the car.

We discussed his behavior and he was very, very quiet. A couple blocks down the street, he said 'I want to go live with my mom'. Okay, I told him. We will pack your clothes up when we get home, I'll call her and take you there. Not a peep the rest of the drive. We got home and he just sat there. I asked if he was coming in the house and he started bawling. 'I don't want to go!!! I want to live w/you and Grandpa forever!!' All was well after that. That is only one of two times I remember him being an imp, so I can't really complain.

Oh, and Cathy, MM does not hear me talk when he is watching TV either!

pcbatiks
April 8th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Pam, insurance doesn't cover much these days. It's cheaper to buy it yourself.
First, you'd have to make an appointment to get a prescription and there would be a co-pay for that. Then you'd have to make another trip to the pharmacy to get them. Since you really don't want the generic kind, you'd have to pay the service fee for that. Then there is the waiting. I can not get in to the doctor's office in less than an hour. True. My appointment is at 10, I don't get called from the waiting room before 11. Then the next 15 minutes or so I sit in the exam room. More waiting ensues at the pharmacy. Do they have the kind of M&Ms you want? Oh, sorry, we don't carry the milk chocolate kind on Tuesdays. I'll need to call the doctor's office to see if you can have the peanut variety. Your insurance doesn't cover the special dark flavor. Gaaahhh!

Costco = big bag, no hassle! Keep the HMO's greedy hands off of my chocolate!

Cathy......Oh yeah......forgot about the co-pay. And then they would probably only prescribe 30 M&M's at a time...........how is that going to be enough??!! And no I Do Not want generic chocolate!! That's just crazy talk! :D You're right.........over the counter Costco or Sam's Big Bag...........now that is what a fun size is all about! :D