PDA

View Full Version : I'm still alive ;)

sewlucky
April 8th, 2015, 02:03 AM
I haven't been around much at all these last couple of months! We sold our house and have purchased another - its been super quick. We take possession of our new place on April 15th! Needless to say there has been no quilting going on. We have been hauling everything out of their hiding places and have gotten rid of a LOT! I'm so proud of hubby and I...it is not always easy to let go of these things we've held onto so long!

Our youngest son (18 yrs old) also had jaw surgery a week and a half ago. This surgery has been looming for two or three years so it's so good to finally have it over. He's healing well, and there were no complications, so just a huge relief.

I'm really looking forward to being settled enough to get sewing again!

Terri

stationarymom
April 8th, 2015, 02:05 AM
Congrats on your new home and I hope your son continues to heal well.

sewlucky
April 8th, 2015, 02:14 AM
Thanks Joan!

Mom23
April 8th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Congratulations on the quick sale of your home and good luck setting up the new place.

bhaggerty
April 8th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Hope all goes well with the move! It is taking me forever to get settled in our new house!

irishrn
April 8th, 2015, 09:54 PM
I hope all goes well with the final phase!! Good luck!

WendyI
April 9th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Nice to see you around! I'm moving on April 30th and not looking forward to it at all! The decluttering was sure good though. Good luck with the move!

Granny Judy
April 9th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Good to see you, Terri. Hope you get settled in soon and can enjoy setting up a New sewing spot for your lovely quilts. I agree that we do tend to "save" so many "things"... it is like a big weight off our shoulders when we declutter. Hugs and come often to share your sewing experiences with us.... and pics of quilts, too!!

sewlucky
April 9th, 2015, 01:14 PM
Thanks everyone :). Wendy - I hope your move goes great! I know how excited you are about your new place.

Our new house has a sewing room already set up in the basement but I am going to set my room up upstairs in one of the small bedrooms that has lovely south facing garden doors out to the backyard. I have two kits I bought myself for my birthday in January I want to work on, plus a quilt for my bed and a charity quilt all on my list soon!!

Terri

alliek
April 9th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Sounds like it is all good! Healing, move to another home, God's Blessings on new beinnings.