PDA

View Full Version : field trip day!!

bubba
April 8th, 2015, 01:48 AM
Got up and headed to the shop I am known to frequent. I met another gal there and off we went! First stop, Running Stitches in Kent WA. It is a nice little shop with a lot to offer. I got some great fabric (faux leather/suede embossed paisley in black and deep red) to make some bags with.

From there, Renton Sewing to exchange my piping foot for the one I needed. They don't have fabric, but I think they carry every Bernina in the line and a top of industrial machines!

We left there and headed to Issaquah to my favorite shop in the area, Gossypium. I had seen on FB this morning that they had gotten in new Halloween fabric this morning and I was looking forward to seeing it. Got the coolest black fabric w/neat silver skeleton keys that the big part of the key was a skull. Going to make fantastic bags! The other gal had never been to this shop before and absolutely loved it as much as I did! Oh, did I say I bought the whole bolt of the key fabric?? It was a 'short bolt' and they only have six yards on them. They also had it with gold keys and the other Halloween fabrics were cool too....especially the owls and also the skeletons.

Now it was lunchtime! Since I drove, she treated and I had a yummy French dip. Off we headed to the next shop.

I had never been to this one before and I could not tell you the name of it if I wanted to. It was a cute little shop, but crammed to the brim! I picked up a real pretty batik there. I think she got fabric at every shop, and I'm sure she spent a small fortune.

I was lucky because the shop I bought the bolt at I had a $20 credit plus I had a $75 gift card, so it was no cash from my pocket!

I'm going to sleep good tonight!

--I forgot. When we were at the first shop, I found out that they carry all the M* templates, magazines and papers!!! She even had a couple quilts made up and hanging on the walls! While I was getting my fabric cut I heard someone say my name and I thought it was the gal I was with, but it turned out it wasn't! I looked the other way and there stood a woman I thought I knew, but wasn't certain. It was someone I grew up with and went to school with from kindergarten thru 12th grade! I had not seen her in 40 years (hush!!!) and she knew who I was! She found me a couple weeks ago on FB and we have been chatting, but had not seen each other in person.....small world!

Quiltfreestyle
April 8th, 2015, 02:00 AM
Sounds like a wonderful day. Those little surprises that life throws are way can really brighten your day...
Looking forward to seeing the bag you make from the key fabric. :)

kaydee
April 8th, 2015, 02:19 AM
Bubba, you had me at "french dip."

Yum!

icul8rg8r
April 8th, 2015, 05:25 AM
Hey, I'm up for a road trip with you anytime you want to go again! However, we may need to stop for frequent potty breaks (your sense of humor leaves me in stitches and if I laugh too hard, well, you get the idea!)

Jean Sewing Machine
April 8th, 2015, 05:56 AM
Great road trip, with good results! Sounds like fun!

bubba
April 8th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Okay Cindy!! You are on! Next time I think it's going to be out towards Elma because a couple people have been telling me about a fantastic place out there! Plus there is Bayside, Ruby Street, Annie's.....multiple stops!