PDA

View Full Version : Quilt shops in St Louis area?

Bratbear
April 7th, 2015, 11:17 PM
Will be going to a bowling tournament this weekend in St Louis. Bowling at one house in Ellisville, and one in Florissant. Will have time on my hands and was wondering where I would find a quilt shop.
Thanks

Claire OneStitchAtATime
April 7th, 2015, 11:27 PM
I asked this same question some months back (except for the bowling part) and the Quilting Fox, near Plaza Frontenac, is where I ended up. Very nice store.

K. McEuen
April 8th, 2015, 12:08 AM
Hey, Jean lives in Florissant. That is probably the best stocked quilt shop in the area.

Mom23
April 8th, 2015, 12:39 AM
I like going to Jackman's Fabrics. I prefer their Fairview Heights location but the Lindbergh store will be close to Florissant.

There is a Hancock Fabrics right off the Florissant exit on 270. Jean should have more information on that store as it is close to her.

Top 10 Quilt Shop & Fabric Store, Sewing Machines, repair service : Jackman's Fabrics (http://www.jackmansfabrics.com/)

Jean Sewing Machine
April 8th, 2015, 12:51 AM
Jackmanns is on N. Lindbergh, that's probably the closest to Florissant ( and not really that close!). But it is an amazing store with lots of inspirational quilts on display. The Quilted Fox is also great, it is tucked in a building on the second floor behind the Hilton Hotel on Lindbergh and Clayton Road. There is one on Manchester in Ellisville called In Stitches. Merrily we Sew/Quilt Along on Clayton Road and 141, also tucked away in the back of Lamp and Lantern Village shopping center. Heydes is on s. Lindbergh, and there is one in Crestwood on Watson Rd. Just a couple of blocks east of Lindbergh. Hancock's and Hobby Lobby are on Lindbergh in Kirkwood, and JoAnns is way south on Lindbergh past I -55. That list will keep you busy and broke! Just ask Kathy Crofoot, we only hit 3 in one day and she accumulated quite a stash!

Are you bowling at Crest Bowl? That's the only one in Florissant. Great food on the corners right across the street! City Diner-- best small diner; Old Town Donuts-- best donuts; Fritz's -- best frozen custard; Delish Cheesecake-- best cheesecake! The most dangerous caloric block in the world!

Bratbear
April 8th, 2015, 01:04 AM
Thank you Jean, Yes I will be bowling at Crest bowl on saturday at 3pm and West Country Lanes on sunday at 9am. Then back to KC.