PDA

View Full Version : Little boys can say the cutest things!

songbird857
April 7th, 2015, 11:00 PM
Ok, so I was at someone's house yesterday with my dog - there are 3 boys there (10,8,5). I picked up Ella to bring her a bit closer to meet them and the 8 year old says "I just want to look at her all day - I just want to keep looking at her face - she's so pretty." Oh my..... my heart completely melted. :D

dwil23
April 7th, 2015, 11:27 PM
So sweet!

When 2 yo DGS went to the bathroom at my house on Sunday (accompanied by Mom), he came running out and excitedly exclaimed "the kitty went poop in the box!" I guess he really never saw a litter box before - I used to put it in the other bathroom when he was smaller. He thought that was the funniest thing.

April R
April 7th, 2015, 11:34 PM
My son plays a lot of Minecraft and sometimes the games "glitches."
One time I was puzzling outloud about why the door to the baby's room was opened because I swore I had just shut the door. My 7 year old son says " mom, it's ok, sometimes the world glitches"

Lol.

Ahamblin
April 8th, 2015, 12:49 AM
My 3 yo grandson was over Monday. We were playing a game and he was squealing loudly. My DH says "You are noisey." DGS replies " No Grampa I am Gene.". Kids are so literal. Love that.

carolynrae
April 8th, 2015, 02:11 AM
When my oldest son "Sean" was about 3, his father was going to college. Each semester when his dad brought home his grades, we would put up our glasses of cool aid at dinner and I would say lets cheer dad for doing so well in school. We were trying to instill some interest and teach him how important a college education was. One night as we raised our glasses and I said cheers, and Sean shouted out, "no mom let me do it". Bob and I were so excited, we gave each other that look, our son understands, then in a loud voice Sean shouted "Tables"....again Bob and I looked at each other but this time we were confused and I said Sean why did you say Tables....well mom, you always say Chairs.....so I thought I would say Tables....what's a mother to do.

ravelim
April 8th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Gotta tell you this. When our son was around 2 we were driving to the town next to us. He saw a combine unloading to a wagon. He was all excited and yelled " look Mommy! tacture go potty! (Tacture was his form of tractor.)

Blondie
April 8th, 2015, 11:35 AM
You know, that age for little boys is just perfect. Actually, I like little boys up until the age of about 12 and then they can get pukey until mature. But the 5-8 year age is so impulsively precious. Thank you for reminding me of why I loved that age so much.

Doloris
April 8th, 2015, 02:54 PM
once when my youngest was about 2 we went to an Amish grocery store. We live near many Amish communities. It was fall or winter and cold outside. An Amish woman was in the store and had on their traditional black cape and black bonnet. Apparently my son had not seen this before because he blurted out "Mommy, look at the witch". I wanted to die because I knew she heard him. I quickly apologized and explained it to him. Then creeped out of the store. She smiled and didn't seem too upset. He WAS just a baby.

Same son, about 4 years old. Took them to the zoo and it was crowded. Stopped at a stand to get something to drink and he was very loudly impatient. My DH told him if he didn't settle down he was going to give him a knuckle sandwich. Yep, he started yelling " I want a knuckle sandwich" Everyone was laughing.
This DS is always good for entertainment and he is 38 now

irishrn
April 8th, 2015, 09:36 PM
My DGS is now 4 but last year my son went to the family room and announced. " Tommy, you know it's time for bed, you have school tomorrow" . Little Tommy looked up at him and said " well thank you Captian Obvious!!"
My son had to leave the room so Tommy wouldn't see him laughing!!

Bjvarizona
April 9th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Just before my daughter turned 4 she asked me " Mother ( not mommy, so I knew it was serious) "what comes after people?" I had no idea what she was really asking, so I gave it a shot, " well, I suppose people's children come after". She stamped her foot, "no, no, no! First there were monsters, then there were dinosaurs, then there were people. What comes after people?" I have no idea where she got the concept of evolution in her head, but I knew then that she would be a challenging kid with lots of questions! I wasn't wrong. She's now 40 and has a 4year of her own. She's the daughter that lives in Ireland.