PDA

View Full Version : New Foster Grandson

cyndiofthevortex
April 7th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Actually, he's a blast from the past. He is nine now and we had him and his brother back when he was three. (My DD Bethany and her husband are foster parents and we live in an adjoining houses, making me a daily foster grammie.) He was given a forum quilt with dogs all over it but I can't remember who made it - Jean, was it you or do you remember? His mom was able to get help and got the kids back after only a few months all those years ago. B has kept in touch with this family ever since, often having him and his brother over for weekend sleep-overs or taking them on family trips.

I come here for prayer for this little boy. The situation is very sad. This might be a long-term placement. This little boy loves his mother very much and will miss her terribly. Bedtime will be especially hard for him. Remember him then if you can.

Because B has kept up this relationship, he knows and loves us and he knows we love him. When he walked into the house, he threw his arms out wide and yelled, "Merry Christmas!" The other boys in the house came running for a big group hug. The social workers probably never saw such a great placement for such a sad situation.

For those of you following our adoption saga of C, here a little story. When DD told C that Chris (not his real name) needed a foster home because his mommy couldn't take care of him right now, C immediately said, "He can come stay here with us - for 10 years!" Then he started to think. "Chris can have my bed and I'll sleep on the floor." When told he can't sleep on the floor, he said, "Okay, then Chris can share my bed with me!" Later on, when Chris was sad about his mom and telling us all that he felt sad, little C jumped up, threw himself into Chris's arms and shouted, "I LOVE YOU!"

Kim T
April 7th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Wow sad that this little boy is needing foster care and will pray for him. I can only imagine what a comfort it will be that he is going to a home where he is not a stranger and that he is already loved.

God bless your family for providing wonderful care and love for children in need!

Sandy Navas
April 7th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Sending lots of good comforting thoughts and prayers!! Curious about his brother who was previously fostered by your DD.

Learner quilter
April 7th, 2015, 06:09 PM
My your family take on a lot.. God bless you all for being there for these vulnerable children. Children need love and you seem to have it in abundance. XXXX

sewbizzy
April 7th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Sending prayers his way...God bless your family for all you do...

Jean Sewing Machine
April 7th, 2015, 06:27 PM
God bless your daughter and your whole family for caring for these kids! It's obvious they feel at home with you! I don't remember a dog quilt, and definitely not 6 years ago. Hope his young life can have some peace while he is staying with you.

cyndiofthevortex
April 7th, 2015, 06:38 PM
Sending lots of good comforting thoughts and prayers!! Curious about his brother who was previously fostered by your DD.His younger brother has gone to live with his father. There is also an older sister who is in a different foster home in another town.

GuitarGramma
April 7th, 2015, 06:41 PM
God bless your family and all the good you do in this world. I'll be praying for your new foster grandson.

kimsophia
April 7th, 2015, 06:59 PM
I'm praying in agreement with everyone else, God bless him and your family for your kindness!

Amy R
April 7th, 2015, 07:19 PM
you and your family are truly blessings to these children. prayers incoming, always!

songbird857
April 7th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Praying for this boy - I'm glad he is with your daughter :)

alliek
April 7th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Sad for the situation these children find themselves in, Happy for the people such as yourself and your DD and family that give so much of themselves unselfishly. My prayers will be for all the families in trouble, especially the children. God Love Them.

SallyO'Sews
April 8th, 2015, 12:25 AM
Praying for your family. What a testimony to the job you all are doing, that Little Man C shows such love and compassion. May the Lord continue to bless all of you.

MayinJerset
April 8th, 2015, 01:33 AM
Praying for this boy - I'm glad he is with your daughter :)

Me too, although he would rather be with his mom, being with your DD's loving family is the next best thing for him.

toggpine
April 8th, 2015, 04:38 AM
Your family has my respect and admiration.
It has been a year since we had our grandson's half-brother fostered here. It was one of the most aggravating and frustrating experiences of my life. If it had just been taking care of the child, that would have been fairly easy. The lack of communication and difficulty in reaching the case worker was deplorable. Because we were loosely related to the child and were labeled as kinship care, we didn't have any of the support a regular foster family would have.
I certainly takes a special kind of family to make a space in their home and their heart for someone else's children. I applaud you all for doing it. It is sad that there is such a need, but I am glad that there are families like yours who do it.

rebeccas-sewing
April 8th, 2015, 07:28 AM
Cyndi, you and your daughter are a marvel. My hat's off to you for all you do to help these young children. It's so sad when parents can't take care of their offspring, and so wonderful that there are folks like you who step up to the plate.

dwil23
April 8th, 2015, 07:51 AM
Cindy a sad situation made better by your loving family. What about his brother? I will pray for all of you. Give that little "C" and extra hug today.

WendyI
April 9th, 2015, 11:07 AM
You and your family are amazing! I'm always in awe of your daughter. So wonderful that this wee boy could be placed somewhere that he is comfortable and loved. Hope his mother will be okay. xox

laura44
April 9th, 2015, 11:10 AM
God bless you and your family. I will be praying for the children.