PDA

View Full Version : Home at Last

auntiemern
April 6th, 2015, 11:24 PM
It was a nerve wracking drive home. Gran was driving like a granny....I took turns slow, took off slow, and avoided having to slam on the brakes. I could not believe the # of people that honked, flipped me off, and yelled at me. The worse one was when I had to make a right turn at a busy intersection, and the lady behind me was honking because I apparently wasn't going fast enough to suit her. As soon as she finished her turn, she pulled right in to Taco Bell. Lets just say that biddy should consider herself lucky I had him in the van and was just trying to get him home. After all of that...we are a mile from home..pulled in Walgreens, and they don't have either of his prescriptions. (which we could have gotten filled at the hospital, but DD wanted then flavored because the one is really yucky.) We called every place we could think of, and no one had them. So after I got them in the house and settled down, I had to turn around and drive the 45 min back to the hospital to get his medication. I am home now and will rest well til tomorrow in the AM, then I will be at her house taking care of things.
We put out a call on FB for an arm pillow, and a childs recliner. My niece came through with flying colors. He slept some, but was up and around a little too. Check out the stud muffin in his very own recliner.
Thank you all for the prayers and support. Love you all.

kensington
April 6th, 2015, 11:28 PM
Every child should have their own recliner! LOL recoup in style! Prayers continue.

BellasQuilts
April 6th, 2015, 11:30 PM
Glad all are home safe and sound. Blessings and prayers going out for a speedy recovery for the little man. Hugs.

K. McEuen
April 6th, 2015, 11:38 PM
Glad you all made it home in one piece. I noticed the dog looked nice and comfy too. Bandit would have been right there on top of him as well.

Shirley
April 7th, 2015, 01:16 AM
Glad you're home. Love the recliner. Who wouldn't be able to sleep with your buddy snuggled up against you?

stationarymom
April 7th, 2015, 01:45 AM
Glad you made it home safe.He's adorable in his Own recliner.

Iris Girl
April 7th, 2015, 05:12 AM
Glad your all home and safe. Awesome score on a recliner of his own! Healing waves coming your way!

rebeccas-sewing
April 7th, 2015, 06:36 AM
I'm so glad for you that he's home, Marilyn. It looks as though he is doing quite well. Such a shame you had to go through all that with the medicine. Why couldn't they flavor it as the hospital pharmacy? I would think they would need to do that in many cases where children are involved.

Preeti
April 7th, 2015, 07:08 AM
He IS Superman!!! Sending best wishes.

buckeyequilter
April 7th, 2015, 07:21 AM
Glad you got him safely....and he looks like the king of castle in his little chair.

Amy R
April 7th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Get well soon little man!!!

*prayers*

Genny
April 7th, 2015, 09:29 AM
What a handsome little boy! Praying that he heals fast.

Sandy Navas
April 7th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Preeti took the words - He is Superman!! ('cause he has a Super Granny).

Continued prayers.

dwil23
April 7th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Precious pictures!

You have to wonder about people that are so impatient and rude. I try to just say a prayer for them, but sometimes it can be hard!

stitching woman
April 7th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Glad he is home and on the mend. Continued prayers

TRLSRL72
April 7th, 2015, 12:12 PM
So glad he is home. He looks real comfy, which is what he needs. Sending prayers to you and your family to give you the strength and energy you need and a speedy recovery for little man.

SuzyQue
April 7th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Looking so good! Sorry for the medicine mess up, but he is home and let the healing begin! Continued prayers for all of you!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 7th, 2015, 12:36 PM
Hope all goes smoothly from here on out!

auntiemern
April 7th, 2015, 02:28 PM
I am hoping for things to ease up soon. DD gets her cast off the 13th, which will be a huge help. Good thing too, cuz DH has his surgery on the 15th, and I will be at the hospital for about 3 days with him, then home for his recovery. This super hero's super powers are wearing thin. I can't seem to quite get over the hump to get healthy. This too will pass, and I will be back to my normal (whatever that is) at some point. But hey, I always have the retreat to look forward too.

Grandma G
April 7th, 2015, 05:36 PM
So happy to see him home and recovering. Love that chair!!